Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Peakmeter for Columns UI (Read 207345 times) previous topic - next topic

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #100
Hi foo_pm !!

I've a request to you,

Could you add an option in settings to get a transparent background ?

I ask that because Most of new PanelsUI config manage transparency (mine too, i'm working on it  )

using Peakmeter component with transparent config under PanelsUI render so ugly beacause of the plain background in Peakmeter... so i might be forced to remove it from my config when transparency is activated

Hope i'll have not to do this, i really love your component, so please, tell me if it is possible to have soon a such option for transparent bg in your Peakmeter ?

Thanx by advance,

Br3tt

^
+1. This component sure looks promising. At the moment though I can't use it since I can't configure it to match my config. I'd really like to be able to set transparent background for both panel and range. And the ability to remove channel box (L, R etc.).

Hi, i've decided to implement this two things (transparency + ability to remove channel box) in the next beta version. I hope it will be released in a few days, may be next week. The version will not include the vertical option or the peak fall down option. This things will be implemented one or two weeks (hopefully) later.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #101

im no expert in this but i think it can be done with DSP couldnt it?

I'm not using any DSP components in fb2k right now, but I do have output set to 24-bit. I was just playing an mp3 file with quite a bit of compression, and I did see the peak hold go beyond 0 to about +3dB. I changed fb2k back to 16-bit output and it still happened, so I'm still confused about this.

Lossy formats are decoded to floating point data in foobar2000, so they can have peak values above 1.0 even without additional preprocessing (like Replaygain, preamp, or DSPs). A visualization observes the audio data as it comes out of the DSP chain but before it is passed to the current output module, so output bit depth or dithering does not influence the data as seen by the visualization.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #102

Hi foo_pm !!

I've a request to you,

I ask that because Most of new PanelsUI config manage transparency (mine too, i'm working on it  )

using Peakmeter component with transparent config under PanelsUI render so ugly beacause of the plain background in Peakmeter... so i might be forced to remove it from my config when transparency is activated

Hope i'll have not to do this, i really love your component, so please, tell me if it is possible to have soon a such option for transparent bg in your Peakmeter ?

Thanx by advance,

Br3tt

^
+1. This component sure looks promising. At the moment though I can't use it since I can't configure it to match my config. I'd really like to be able to set transparent background for both panel and range. And the ability to remove channel box (L, R etc.).

Hi, i've decided to implement this two things (transparency + ability to remove channel box) in the next beta version. I hope it will be released in a few days, may be next week. The version will not include the vertical option or the peak fall down option. This things will be implemented one or two weeks (hopefully) later.

Could it include selecting left-to-right and right-to-left? That shouldn't be as hard or bug-inducing as vertical...

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #103

Hi foo_pm !!

I've a request to you,

Thanx by advance,

Br3tt

^

thank you ! i'm waiting for it 

Br3tt

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #104
I was waiting a component like this. Very well done and very good looking!

My suggestion for improving this great young component (with a lot of future): provide a way (doubleclick?) to reset the peak indicator of a given meter without having to Stop the music.

Thanks for making a reality of this component. Do you plan to release the source code someday?

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #105
Wow, this is great! I came in here to thank you for the great component you have made, and to as 2 things:
-If you could include a transparent mode
-If you could make a vertical mode

And now I see you're already working on it!
I do have a question for the transparent mode though: Will there be an option to make the non lit up bars transparant too?

I would use the transparant mode in this config (Actually a modified old version of Fallstaf's (The person who requested the transparancy) config.

I would like it to be transparent, so I can make the peakmeter higher, but without losing the nice transition in the reflection of the album art.

Anyway, great work on your panel!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #106

Br3tt

Wow, this is great! I came in here to thank you for the great component you have made, and to as 2 things:

I do have a question for the transparent mode though: Will there be an option to make the non lit up bars transparant too?

I would use the transparant mode in this config (Actually a modified old version of Fallstaf's (The person who requested the transparancy) config.

I would like it to be transparent, so I can make the peakmeter higher, but without losing the nice transition in the reflection of the album art.

Thank you!! Unfortunately i got "bad" news about background transparency. I spent a lot of time testing several methods to set the background transparent. But at this time there is no practicable way to implement this. GDI+ could handle all i want but is not available for client windows, so if i would use this there is a lot of message handling. Region handling otherwise could also handle it all but is to slow and need to much cpu usage. To implenemt static transparency is no problem but if a window behind the peakmeter changes, the foreground window get no notification and don't update and I think that's not what we need. So I will concentrate on the other suggestions first (vertical option , reset peak ...) and try to implement transparency later. I hope you can still use it in your great configs.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #107
I was waiting a component like this. Very well done and very good looking!

My suggestion for improving this great young component (with a lot of future): provide a way (doubleclick?) to reset the peak indicator of a given meter without having to Stop the music.

Thank you for your suggestion!! In the next release it will be possible in additon to the separated option for the peaks to reset the peak indicator by menuitem and doubleclick.
Thanks for making a reality of this component. Do you plan to release the source code someday?

If i don't got the time or don't get fun to perform maintenance, i think i will release the source.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #108

Br3tt

Thank you!! Unfortunately i got "bad" news about background transparency. I spent a lot of time testing several methods to set the background transparent. But at this time there is no practicable way to implement this. GDI+ could handle all i want but is not available for client windows, so if i would use this there is a lot of message handling. Region handling otherwise could also handle it all but is to slow and need to much cpu usage. To implenemt static transparency is no problem but if a window behind the peakmeter changes, the foreground window get no notification and don't update and I think that's not what we need. So I will concentrate on the other suggestions first (vertical option , reset peak ...) and try to implement transparency later. I hope you can still use it in your great configs.

Hello,
Thank you for developing this cool component!

Real "Transparent Background" is not possible, but you can blit static bitmap to your component's background, with handling a few windows messages.
I've just implemented that in Lyric show panel

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #109
Hello,
Thank you for developing this cool component!

Real "Transparent Background" is not possible, but you can blit static bitmap to your component's background, with handling a few windows messages.
I've just implemented that in Lyric show panel

Thank you T.P Wang! I will take a look at your Lyric component.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #110
I just wanted to say thanks for this plugin! I'll be waiting for the new versions and implementations, but even now its great!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #111
Any news on the progress of this component ?
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #112
I just wanted to say thanks for this plugin! I'll be waiting for the new versions and implementations, but even now its great!

Thank you!

Yes  ,  In the next days I will release a new (beta-)version. The following new features are actually implemented and will be released in the next version:
- vertical option
- separated option for the peaks (fall down, freezed, disappear)
- reset peak indicator by doubleclick and menu item
- option to change peak indicator color
- option to change channel textbox color
- option to change line color
- ability to remove channel box

Some things are actually marked for future releases:
- zoom function (menu item "+" "-")
- ability to adjust horizontal and vertical padding
- ability to show current peak level as a numeric value in a hint box when cursor moves over a bar
- transparency

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #113
WOW  Fantastic and usefull plugin. Could you please implement RMS metering at some point?

Thanks for great work...

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #114
What about RadioButtons for -60, -50 and -40dB values to set the start of the scaling?

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #115
Wow awesome new feature list!! Thanks foo_pm . Now that you meantion it, the vertical/horizontal padding will be reallly useful (especially in my config) so I can't wait for that to be released in the next few betas.

I'll keep watching the thread !.
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #116

Thank you!

Yes  ,  In the next days I will release a new (beta-)version. The following new features are actually implemented and will be released in the next version:
- vertical option
- ability to remove channel box

Some things are actually marked for future releases:
- zoom function (menu item "+" "-")
- ability to adjust horizontal and vertical padding
- ability to show current peak level as a numeric value in a hint box when cursor moves over a bar
- transparency

it's great  thanx for your work !

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #117
WOW  Fantastic and usefull plugin. Could you please implement RMS metering at some point?

Thanks for great work...

Thank you! I will keep this in mind for a future version but it is currently not planned.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #118
A new version is now available - foo_uie_peakmeter 0.0.3 beta.

The following new features are implemented in this version:

- option to draw the bars vertical instead of horizontal
- ability to hide/remove channel box
- horizontal padding
- vertical padding

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #119
It looks very nice, good work!
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #120
Many, many Thanks!!!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #121
It rocks!

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #122
  Great!

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #123
A new version is now available

Very good, thanks (especially for the peaks option ).

1. When foobar is just started, left peak is shown at max, right - at min level. Bug?
2. I set dark blue color for "-3 dB" (and lower) level and red color for "0 dB" (and higher). Why does the color of bars in a range between -3 ÷ 0 is red?
3. I hope that my request of peaks drawing depended on bars brush type will be implemented in some of future versions...
The past  was yesterday...