Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #9] Problem with Monkey's Audio Encoder 2.1.7(?) (Read 2261 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #9] Problem with Monkey's Audio Encoder 2.1.7(?)

I'm trying to replace MP3 albums I've legitimately purchased with FLAC versions via torrents.  I pulled down a band's discography in .ape, complete with .cue files, but even after properly installing Monkey AE 2.1.7 (I've double checked this), Foobar2000 refuses to convert the files into anything.  I keep getting the following message:

-----
7 out of 7 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HQ Music\Completed Torrents\Welicoruss\Apeiron (!)\WELICORUSS - Аperion.cue" / index: 1
  Unable to open source file: Object not found
  Conversion failed: Object not found
Source: "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HQ Music\Completed Torrents\Welicoruss\Apeiron (!)\WELICORUSS - Аperion.cue" / index: 2
Source: "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HQ Music\Completed Torrents\Welicoruss\Apeiron (!)\WELICORUSS - Аperion.cue" / index: 3
Source: "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HQ Music\Completed Torrents\Welicoruss\Apeiron (!)\WELICORUSS - Аperion.cue" / index: 4
Source: "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HQ Music\Completed Torrents\Welicoruss\Apeiron (!)\WELICORUSS - Аperion.cue" / index: 5
Source: "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HQ Music\Completed Torrents\Welicoruss\Apeiron (!)\WELICORUSS - Аperion.cue" / index: 6
Source: "C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\HQ Music\Completed Torrents\Welicoruss\Apeiron (!)\WELICORUSS - Аperion.cue" / index: 7
-----

The .ape file itself will play in Foobar but I cannot get the .cue to allow conversion.  I'm unable to find *any* lossless torrents of this band that are not in APE.  Can anyone please help me!?

EDIT:  I'd previously said that I was trying to obtain ALAC files.  I realize Foobar does not support ALAC.  I'm using Foobar to convert single-track FLAC files into WAV through .cue conversion, then using dBpoweramp to convert the WAV into ALAC.

Reply #1
Do the tracks even play?

Reply #2
Do the tracks even play?

Yes, the .ape tracks play normally in Foobar; it just won't allow conversion of the .cues.  I found a workaround by using Medieval to split the .cue files and I'll probably just use dBpoweramp to further convert the individual .ape files into .flac.  Hopefully I won't get any stuttering in the process.

Reply #3
I don't think this is the place to discuss how to sanitize your pirated music. I don't think HA should show up in Google helping pirates, so please try to phrase sich questions more neutral.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.