Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC V0.95 prebeta 5 (Read 36729 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #50
Aaah, I'm glad to see the combination of secure ripping with db verification

For anyone having trouble with different regional disc pressings giving unexpected offsets, I have finally found Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty gives me the correct values
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #51
It's too bad that there is no translation for finnish language. Is there already some project going on, because I started to translate it. If no one is doing this alredy I like to have some help. Here you can find unfinished translation. If you (please) like to help me translating that start after line 1000.

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #52
This is somewhat off-topic but I found a great guide to EAC recently that went through every option.  I can't find it anymore and was wondering if anyone here knows of this guide or one similar.  It described in detail what each option does and what is the recommended setting.  Does anyone know of this guide?

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #53
This is somewhat off-topic but I found a great guide to EAC recently that went through every option.  I can't find it anymore and was wondering if anyone here knows of this guide or one similar.  It described in detail what each option does and what is the recommended setting.  Does anyone know of this guide?

http://www.ping.be/satcp/

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #54

... seems to be down today...   

... hope it is temporary, I didn't made a mirror of it...   

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #55

... seems to be down today...   

... hope it is temporary, I didn't made a mirror of it...   

Sergio

seems to be mirrored here:
http://www.rivarilu.demon.nl/eac/index.htm

Remember that it is an old guide. With outdated info (not as much regarding EAC as compressors and such)

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #56
Remember that it is an old guide. With outdated info (not as much regarding EAC as compressors and such)

Is this you're thinking about??   

So what MP3 encoders are good? This is a difficult question, but r3mix.net - the reference site when it comes to MP3 quality ...

Hihihihi.... 
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #57
If I remember correctly, it was guaranteed to stay free.

Well, CDDB is free. Free if your program is freeware and if you display their logo while obtaining the CD information.

The funny thing is, that TOTALLY describes EAC+AccurateRip right now.  Well, it doesn't seem like Spoon would do any of this, but I guess it COULD happen.
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #58
IMO, a guarantee that AccurateRip remains free would not be that Spoon releases the source code - because it would conflict with one license (CDex - GPL) or another (EAC - Closed) anyway unless he went with BSDish - but that he releases the specification on how to read and write the checksum files, and the specification on how to talk to servers once such functionality is implemented.

That would allow the creation of independent implementations that would 1) workaround the licensing issues and 2) allow implementation on other platforms than Win32.

It's worth reminding that the current licensing model (binary form only) is incompatible with CDex's license (GPL). I'm sure Faber won't care about it - if he did he wouldn't be distributing Winamp plugins with CDex - but it's illegal neverthless.

Also, in my very own opinion, the AccurateRip project is off to a very bad start if Spoon brings his issues with Poikolanen (Easy CD-DA extractor) to the table. Nobody takes seriously a standard which states "company X won't be allowed to use this standard because they are bullies". That's why MPEG has that famous "fair and non-dicriminatory" licensing clause.

Again, just my opinion.

Regards;

Roberto.

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #59
Roberto,

As, I've already stated, I agree on how you look at this issue.

I would add that maybe even more important would be to receive from Spoon a guarantee that the accumulated "knowledge base" of tracks checksum (is it a standard CRC32 or MD5 or what??) would remain completely available and open (i.e. interpretable) to whoever will need it.

I think that even if it is HIS bright idea to bring us such an interesting solution and HIS work the implementation of the same, it will be the community effort that will popoulate the database and make it useful and thus it will be in the community right to have guaranteed access to the information therein mantained.

I also think (but this is HIS business and maybe I'm not polite to express this opinion, in which case I ask him to forgive my unwillingly interference) that it will be in his best interest to protect his work and the populated database by means of some standard policy.

Cheers.

Sergio

EDIT: Corrected a typo. "A" typo? And what about the many others?? 
Sergio

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #60
Can someone help me interpret this?
I ripped the CD.
No errors.
CRCs Matched for Test & Copy
Here are the EAC results:
Track  6
     Filename [REMOVED]

Pre-gap length  0:00:03.22

Peak level 96.4 %
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Test CRC 94ADFB88
     Copy CRC 94ADFB88
     Copy OK

But I get this:

What does "confidence 1" mean?
Does it somehow tell you how many rips of the CD are in the database?
If there is only one rip in the AccurateRip database couldn't this mean that the other person's rip was in error?
What should I trust more?  EAC or AccurateRip?
Thanks in advance.

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #61
Since AccurateRip was used without secure mode before EAC integration, and there is only one reference to compare with, rather trust EAC.

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #62
I just finished my finnish language translations for EAC. Feel free to report all errors on it.

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #63
Since AccurateRip was used without secure mode before EAC integration, and there is only one reference to compare with, rather trust EAC.

I wonder if there would be a way to create an EAC-only AccurateRip database.

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #64

SatCP's site has moved to http://users.pandora.be/satcp/

http://come.to/satcp should redirect now and forever.

A great site. Too bad the old offsets database is gone. The new one sucks (only one report for my drive)

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #65
IIRC this release of EAC will somehow react to non-zero codes reported by the encoder.  How does it react?  Are they logged somewhere?  How can I make sure all is well?

EAC V0.95 prebeta 5

Reply #66
Yes, it works correctly.  If you have selected "Check for external programs return code" in the compression options and the encoder returns a non-zero code then it displays the following dialog box: