Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Special Masstagging (Read 3405 times) previous topic - next topic

Special Masstagging

Ok I am having one small problem and I am sure many here with more knowledge than I can solve easily enough.  My music is set up as genre\artist\year - album (LE, Remaster, etc.) [codec]\xx. title.  Anyhow, when doing masstaagging either in frontah or foobar my string looks like this to write tag based on file name %genre%\%artist%\%year% - %album% (%comment%) [%codec%]\%track% - %title%.  My problem is that not all music has a comment (xxxx).  When it doesn't it screws up the tags.  Can I get either program to add the tag only if a value is present and ignore otherwise and move on to the next?  I know it is probably easy, but I am not a programmer and have no clue.

Thanks

Special Masstagging

Reply #1
I am no expert either, but I think you can use an IF to get the desired results.

Special Masstagging

Reply #3
But how do I have it do an if statement so it only includes a field if it exists instead of screwing up tags.  If I don't have a (XXXX) present instead of ignoring it, it puts stuff in other tags that it is not supposed to.

In foobar2000:

[%comment%]

'['   %__codec%   ']'

Notice how I had to put [brackets] in between 'single quotes' if I wanted to display brackets.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305646"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Special Masstagging

Reply #4
edit: misunderstood the question...

Special Masstagging

Reply #5
Oops. Silly me. I had been thinking you wanted to rename your files, instead of guessing values from filenames.

0. Assuming your files do have [codec] info, genre\artist\year - album (LE, Remaster, etc.) [codec]\xx. title

1. Sort your playlist according to
$strstr($lower($directory(%_path%)),$lower(%__codec%))

Now your files should be divided into files that don't have the codec in the path, and files that do.

It will help if you stick $strstr($lower($directory(%_path%)),$lower(%__codec%))
in your playlist string.

2. Select the bottom files that do have the codec in the path, and guess values from filenames using this string.

%genre%\%artist%\%year% - %album% (%comment%) %%\%tracknumber%. %title%

Notice how I used %% to discard values.

3. Select the top files that don't have the codec mentioned, and guess values from filenames using this other string.

%genre%\%artist%\%year% - %album% (%comment%)\%tracknumber%. %title%