Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.7 RC 10 Bug (Read 4001 times) previous topic - next topic

0.7 RC 10 Bug

I apologize in advance if this has been posted before, but I searched and found nothing.

For all the RC builds that I've tried, I cannot use the Add Directory function to load .mpc files.  Any non-mpc files in the directory will be added to the playlist, but the .mpc files refuse to come up.  I can go and manually add them through Add Files and selecting them all at once, and they play fine after that.  Album list works fine.

This is the Normal build, with the only non-default setting being adding kernel streaming.

If I need to list any more info, I'll be glad to.

0.7 RC 10 Bug

Reply #1
I play with MPC files all the time. Nothing wrong with them.
Maybe you set up anything on Preferences-Core-Adding new files...?

0.7 RC 10 Bug

Reply #2
It has .mpc files in the "Restrict incoming files to..." , plus I already said that I can add them singularly, so that wouldn't be it.

0.7 RC 10 Bug

Reply #3
shouldn't it be *.mpc ?

0.7 RC 10 Bug

Reply #4
I do have it as *.mpc, and again, I don't have that set up wrong because I can add them individually but not as a whole directory.

0.7 RC 10 Bug

Reply #5
Sorry, can't reproduce.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

0.7 RC 10 Bug

Reply #6
Adding files individually bypasses restriction masks; so it looks like you do have it set up wrong (I tried with "*.MPC" restriction, still can't reproduce).

0.7 RC 10 Bug

Reply #7
My "Restrict incoming files by..." is

*.mp3; *.mpc; *.mid; *.midi; *.flac; *.ape; *.wav; *.s3m; *.ogg; *.xm

.(copied and pasted)

This was the same as it was when I was using .667, but when I upgraded to .7 I began having this problem.

I just tried it, and when I just use * for the restriction, it works.  But I don't see any error with the way I have it above.

0.7 RC 10 Bug

Reply #8
Remove spaces after each semicolon ?
I don't see why you would want to allow MIDI files, they're not supported at the moment and probably won't be anytime soon.

0.7 RC 10 Bug

Reply #9
Ahh, removing the spaces worked.  Thanks for helping me zZzZzZz.

Also I didn't realize there was no midi support, heh.  I guess that would explain why I've never played a midi file.