Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUE Tools (Read 133666 times) previous topic - next topic

CUE Tools

Reply #25
I tested various formats with 1.9.0 and theres results: (input-output)
flac-(whatever, even if only create .cue)=error
wav-wav=ok
wav-flac=error
wav-wv-ok
wv-wav=ok
wv-flac=error
wv-wv=ok

Seems like problem is flac related somewhere 
and 1.7.1 is working fine.

CUE Tools

Reply #26
I don't know what could be going wrong because there were no changes to the FLAC reading code between 1.7.1 and 1.8.0, and I can't imagine any problems with the changes to the writing code.  I did upgrade the FLAC library from 1.1.4 to 1.2.0 but that shouldn't matter because there were only minor changes to the libFLAC interface that didn't affect me.  I will try to release a new version of CUE Tools soon with the new FLAC 1.2.1 library, maybe that will help.

CUE Tools

Reply #27
1.9.1 released.  Adds settings for WavPack compression/extra modes, updates libFLAC to 1.2.1, and adds option to automatically preprocess CUEs with the filename corrector.

@saltaslt:  Please let me know if the FLAC stuff works in this version.

CUE Tools

Reply #28
Still same as 1.9.0  cant output anything from flac and output flac from other formats...and no one else seems to have this problem, or just too lazy to report  Maybe its has something to do with changed padding to 8k. from 1.8.0 change log, but I am just guessing...

CUE Tools

Reply #29
Added: Configurable WavPack compression mode and extra mode.

Ah, this is great! It saves me from manually encoding the WAV in a command shell. 

CUETools gets better and better with each release, great work Moitah!

EDIT: Oh, one request tho (it never ends!  ). Could you implement the option that saves the original WAV's md5 to the WV ("-m") in CUETools and your WavPackDotNet.dll?

CUE Tools

Reply #30
Any chance you can add the following features?  I need this for a project I'm doing for my sister...
Possibly but don't hold your breath .  I have considered APE decoding and I don't think it would be too difficult.  Not sure that I would want to add encoding support though.

Ah, this is great! It saves me from manually encoding the WAV in a command shell. 

CUETools gets better and better with each release, great work Moitah!

EDIT: Oh, one request tho (it never ends!  ). Could you implement the option that saves the original WAV's md5 to the WV ("-m") in CUETools and your WavPackDotNet.dll?
I left that out because IIRC it's not just a simple option passed to the WavPack encoder, it's actually up to the encoding program to calculate the MD5 itself.  I'll take a look again and see how much work it would require.

CUE Tools

Reply #31
CUE Tools won't convert my single-file cue to a multiple-files cue. I checked the box, "Create cue sheet only (no audio files)", but I get an error message that says it can't locate a wav file. Why is it needed?

CUE Tools

Reply #32
@Grey:  It would be possible to do cuesheet-only conversion from single to multiple file cue without the audio file.  However it is easier and cleaner in the code to require the audio file.  I will consider it for a future release.

CUE Tools

Reply #33
@Grey:  It would be possible to do cuesheet-only conversion from single to multiple file cue without the audio file.  However it is easier and cleaner in the code to require the audio file.  I will consider it for a future release.

Thanks. I realize that in most cases the wav files would be readily available, but I made a mistake. I split a wav file with EAC, deleted the single wav, then accidentally deleted the wrong cue. I ended up rejoining the files with Foobar for the purpose of using your app.

In the end, it wasn't that much of a hassle. I guess I was just wondering if the properties of the wav file had some affect on the generated cue. I assume by your answer that it does not.

CUE Tools

Reply #36
I was able to track down the FLAC crashing issue, thanks to saltaslt for helping me test.  It only happens on CPUs that don't support SSE and was caused by some sort of conflict between a function that FLAC uses in its SSE detection routine and something else (not sure, .NET runtime maybe).  The fixed FLACDotNet can be downloaded here (if your CPU supports SSE you don't need this, it wouldn't hurt anything though).

CUE Tools

Reply #37
Thanks for fixing it Moitah. Now it works flawlessly again on those outdated CPU's

CUE Tools

Reply #38
What is wavpack 'extra mode' here?
asymmetrical computation for faster decode?

I hope Cuetools will be more stable

CUE Tools

Reply #39
It's the same as WavPack's -x switch, which spends more time encoding to achieve better compression without affecting decode speed.

CUE Tools

Reply #40
Still same as 1.9.0  cant output anything from flac and output flac from other formats...and no one else seems to have this problem, or just too lazy to report  Maybe its has something to do with changed padding to 8k. from 1.8.0 change log, but I am just guessing...

I have the same problem ... and was too lazy to report 

CUE Tools

Reply #41
Great program, moitah, congratulations !

Could you please add APE input support ?

thanks,

N.

CUE Tools

Reply #42
File corrector works perfectly, thank you very much for the great program Moitah!
a frag a day keeps the doctor away

CUE Tools

Reply #43
Moitah

Thank You for a great program

CUE Tools

Reply #44
This is a GREAT tool.  I sent the author money:  everyone else should too.

Bill

CUE Tools

Reply #45
Hi!
I split a wav image to FLAC tracks according to the cue sheet. It works great. The only thing what I need or missed the tag of the flac files. Is it possible to put the cue sheet data to the FLAC tag? I can manage it with other tagging tools, but it would be very nice if the CueTools can do this.

CUE Tools

Reply #46
Hi Moitah!

Is your "Wav Tools" now included in "Cue Tools"? I mean I can't find Wav Tools at your homepage anymore. I didn't follow here in recent times, so I don't know, but I guess that functionaliy of Wav Tools is in Cue Tools now. Am I right?

Great tool indeed!

CUE Tools

Reply #47
@madmaxhu:  CUE Tools isn't able to read or write any tags.  It's a good idea, though.

@batagy:  Yeah, since I added support for write offset to CUE Tools I don't really have a use for WAV Tools anymore.  WAV Tools is still available for download here even though I removed it from the main page.

CUE Tools

Reply #48
I need to just edit drive offsets. I don't have cue sheets and all the songs in my CDs have been ripped to separate files. Is there some way I could accomplish this with CUE Tools?

CUE Tools

Reply #49
I need to just edit drive offsets. I don't have cue sheets and all the songs in my CDs have been ripped to separate files. Is there some way I could accomplish this with CUE Tools?
IIRC that is what WAVTools, mentioned above, is specifically for.
I'm on a horse.