Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Adding newer Winamp features to OptimFROG plug-in (Read 7634 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding newer Winamp features to OptimFROG plug-in

A lot of winamp plug-ins sadly miss newer functions like transcoding decoder, unicode and ReplayGain so
I have been playing around with the OptimFROG input plug-in and added support for unicode and decoding for the transcoder but adding ReplayGain is beyond my abilities.

If someone can help out with adding ReplayGain that would be great

Here is the plug-in and source I have now (you still need OptimFROG.dll (OptimFROG_All_Windows_x86_4910b) in your winamp folder (not the plug-in folder))
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r3jl2l761185m72

To compile just override the "Winamp5" folder from the SDK (OptimFROG_SDK_All_1210b) and use "in_ofr.sln".

Adding newer Winamp features to OptimFROG plug-in

Reply #2
Thank you for your efforts in this.  Your update also seems to have fixed the issue I was experiencing with the official plugin, where tag information was not being set in the "Media Library".

If you are still developing this, I have experienced a bug where the modified "in_ofr.dll" crashes Winamp when:
- attempting to play/read a nonexistent OptimFROG file, and
- starting a clean installation of Winamp (ie. without "Winamp.ini" present).