Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_quicksearch (Read 220029 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_quicksearch

Reply #150
The whole and simple idea is to consider the string of a special search for same query as group and to check if a multiple selection consists of only one group. If yes then a senseful search operation is possible and if not the user could be informed about that in a popup window.

I already thought about it and may implement it some day

foo_quicksearch

Reply #151
I already thought about it and may implement it some day
Nice! 

I have two questions:

1. Why doesn't the option "set focus to search results" sets the focus to the quicksearch playlist itselfß
2. The combination of "Autosearch" and "New playlist" results in several created new playlist. The amount is depending on how fast you type and how the search delay is setted. Wouldn't it make sense to force the results being displayed in only one new playlist as long as the focus remains in quicksearch field (means: no enter is pressed)?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #152
I have two questions:

1. Why doesn't the option "set focus to search results" sets the focus to the quicksearch playlist itself
2. The combination of "Autosearch" and "New playlist" results in several created new playlist. The amount is depending on how fast you type and how the search delay is settled. Wouldn't it make sense to force the results being displayed in only one new playlist as long as the focus remains in quicksearch field (means: no enter is pressed)?

1. Works well in CUI but it seems there is a problem with DUI. I will investigate.
2. is consistent as a playlist is generated each time a new search is triggered by autosearch. I would not recommend to combine these two options and may think about some improvement, maybe.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #153
Works well in CUI but it seems there is a problem with DUI. I will investigate.
Oh sorry, yes, forgot to mention that: i am using dui!

I would not recommend to combine these two options and may think about some improvement, maybe.
The simplest would be to make the "new playlist" unavailable if autosearch is enabled. But an real improvement is nicer!

foo_quicksearch

Reply #154
1. Why doesn't the option "set focus to search results" sets the focus to the quicksearch playlist itself

I will investigate further but I'm afraid it is a limitation of the SDK

foo_quicksearch

Reply #155
Hi, I've encountered a problem right from the start.
Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: foo_quicksearch.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

foobar 1.0.3, columns 3.8.6

tomaso, run foobar and check afterwards whether the Windows event viewer shows some error messages like this one (no word-for-word translation):
SideBySide: Resolve PartialAssembly for Microsoft VC90.CRT failed. The referenced assembly is not installed on this computer.

If so, an installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package should make Quick Search work.
I had the same situation recently after a fresh installation of Windows XP and this Redistributable Package solved the problem. I remembered a similar discussion here and here.

Thank Robertina, I had the same error with v1.1 on a fresh, fully patched install of XP Pro, & this fixed it for me. I wonder why so few people have this problem? What do people usually add that isn't included in clean installs & prevents this error?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #156
Thank Robertina, I had the same error with v1.1 on a fresh, fully patched install of XP Pro, & this fixed it for me. I wonder why so few people have this problem? What do people usually add that isn't included in clean installs & prevents this error?

C++ runtimes are often included in popular software packages (such as Security Suites, Burning software, Anti-Virus programs etc) and installed tacitly without a separate user notification if these files cannot be found during the installation processes.

Although users with a completely clean OS installation are surely in the minority, an Internet search for the typical error messages demonstrates how widespread the problem of missing C++ runtimes is. That's the reason why some computer magazines consider that runtimes to be "system essentials" and you can regulary find them on their CDs/DVDs coming with their magazines (I hope my English is comprehensibly).
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #157
thank you for this awesome and useful component first.

i have two little featurerequests:
* in the playlist (inline) search it could be a useful information how much elements were found (especially while searching in large playlists). maybe you could add a counter (located e.g. behind the searchbar at the right) that displays the number of found elements in the playlist
* an option to detect dublicates in the playlist

thank you.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #158

C++ runtimes are often included in popular software packages (such as Security Suites, Burning software, Anti-Virus programs etc) and installed tacitly without a separate user notification if these files cannot be found during the installation processes.

Although users with a completely clean OS installation are surely in the minority, an Internet search for the typical error messages demonstrates how widespread the problem of missing C++ runtimes is. That's the reason why some computer magazines consider that runtimes to be "system essentials" and you can regulary find them on their CDs/DVDs coming with their magazines (I hope my English is comprehensibly).

Thanks. Perfectly comprehensible.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #159
Search pattern "$info(encoding)" IS lossless => error in foobar's console:

Error during search filter creation

Quick Search Toolbar v2.3, CUI v0.3.8.7, foobar2000 v1.1.1
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #160
Hi NEMO7538

Thanks for a very nice component, really like the query language aspect.

I've scanned the thread (hopefully not repeating something here). I'm replacing foo_dbsearch, but one of the things I currently prefer about that component (unless I'm missing something about yours) is that when your search criteria doesn't match anything no results are shown. I have autosearch switched on and it's set to always populate the same playlist ("search") and although I understand the point of the blue filled in search box, I much prefer so see no results when no results is the outcome of the search (I see no reason not to have both - i.e. a blue filled in search box and no results). Seems weird that if I type in beatles then switch it to beetles, the beatles results are still there.

Anyway, it'd be really nice to have that option of showing nothing if the search criteria are not matched.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

foo_quicksearch

Reply #161
Hey guys, hope someone can help me with this.

I'm using the following code, but it's not working, better spoken it's doing nothing... what am I doing wrong?

$imagebutton(x,y,w,h,c:/icons/0.png,c:/icons/1.png,CONTEXT:'Quicksearch for same/Album';REFRESH)

foo_quicksearch

Reply #162
^holy wrong thread....

$imagebutton? you'll be wanting to read the documentation that came with the Panel Stack Splitter component that you are using. clue: x and y are co-ordinates as to where the top left of the button should go and w and h are the width and height respectively.

or you could just create a standard button on a toolbar. much easier....

foo_quicksearch

Reply #163
I didn't want to refer to Panel Stick Splitter. The Icons are shown up right, and I just wanted to show that  I have no propblem with $imagebutton. However I just wanted to know which is the right CONTEXT-command, I nearly tried out everything but it won't work with

CONTEXT:'Qicksearch for same/Artist'
CONTEXT:'Quicksearch for same .../Artist'
CONTEXT:'search for same/Artist'
CONTEXT:'search for same .../Artist'

Sorry if I didn't make it clear in first place...
I'm using v2.3 of foo_quicksearch.

Thank you in advance.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #164
ok, well you just type as it appears and you don't need quotes either.

$imagebutton(10,1,62,23,%img%,%img_h%,CONTEXT:Quicksearch for same/Album;REFRESH;,,)

works for me. note the commas after the REFRESH which aren't in yours. maybe that was the issue.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #165
Thnak you for your help.

Maybe I'm a total fool right now, but it won't work. If I go to my playlist rightclick and chose from the context menu Quicksearch for same and then Album it works like a charm. I can also put any other command e.g. CONTEXT:Properties, and after clicking the button the properties window appears. I tried also some few different commands and most of them worked. But with the Quicksearch context menu commands it won't work (tried also with/without the commas and with/without the quotes).

Mhh anyone ideas? 

P.S. Earlier in this thread there had someone exact same problems even with a fresh foobar-install.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #166
ah i'm guessing you're not actually playing anything? in which case have a look at splitter settings>script tab and change the "titleformat mode on startup" to "follow cursor".

foo_quicksearch

Reply #167
Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately it is not working. I did the settings you told me, but it's not working.
As I looked around in the splitter settings/script tab. I found this dropdown with a list with all Context Commands. For me the command Quicksearch for same/Artist is not in, insted there is Quicksearch for same... without the submenu. I think it has sth to do with that, because the context-menu is not listed with the quicksearch preferences editable menus.

EDIT: GOT IT.
Just re-installed the Panel Stack Splitter (I think this was a new version as well, gnarf) and it worked. Thanks again marc2003 for your great help! 

foo_quicksearch

Reply #168
Is there anyway to implement the ability to use, say, control-enter to add the search results to the current playlist?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #169
Hi guys, let's to the point.
What I want to do is grouping by artist - album(I don't have problems with this) and every group sort by track number, in the library viewer,I don't have problems, but when I search (with the foo_quicksearch component), inside the groups in the new playlist are not sorted by track number. Any help?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #170
Check Preferences>Shell Integration>Sort Incoming Files by ......

foo_quicksearch

Reply #171
Can anybody help with this.

With the old foo_uie_quicksearch plugin, I could type a blank space and it would auto-complete return my entire library.

How can I have the new foo_quicksearch return my entire library as a result (and sorted)?

When I try using a space, it returns nothing. An asterisk "*" only returns songs with an asterisk in the name.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT:

It looks like using an Extended search, with keyword ALL returns everything. I guess that works. Is there an easier way so I don't have to toggle between Extended search mode and Match Any mode when I want to do searches?

I guess I can always go back to the old uie_quicksearch.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #173
After update i get following message:
"Failed to load DLL: foo_quicksearch.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000."

foobar2000 1.1.6 beta 5
win 7 64 bit

foo_quicksearch

Reply #174
Ah sorry, you probably need to install this or this (64 bits).