Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873598 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #100
works fine here. Never had a need to change from the default search parameters. You do have local search first in the Search Order box, right?
EDIT: And is Only Query the next source if no valid lyric found checked?

Edit2:
I tried a lot of combinations of artist and title search parameters, even something like "Depeche Mode" / "Enjoy the silence" for which I know, that there is a text-file in my lyrics directory named "Depeche Mode - Enjoy the silence.txt". -> Nothing!

What are you saying here? Have you changed search parameters away from titleformat syntax?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #101
As I purge fake lyrics from my files again, I have a request:

- upon searching for lyrics, be able to detect what I think of as "fake": lyrics that contain little or no real lyrics and contain "we haven't lyrics of this song", or "unfortunately, we", or the name of the database without any lyrics ("lyricsfly" is the biggest offender with this approach), and prevent the downloading of such fake lyrics.

Some fake lyrics are tricky in that they'll contain a few verses of real lyrics, and then stop and end with text like above.  I'm sure there are other strings that people have encountered that indicate the same, but the ones above are the ones I've found.

Perhaps others can chime in with other similar indicators of fake lyrics.

Separate question: does title formatting work in the Lyric Saving tab, for the "use this tag..." entries?  I'm trying to use what I used before with Lyrics2, what I'm trying doesn't work, and I can't figure out if it's me or if title formatting doesn't work in these spots.

Thanks again for reviving this component!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #102
Thx tpijag for your reply.

I see, I should have provided some more information:
  • Local file search is the only source in the search order queue.
  • I tried the default search parameters as well as some combinations with AND without titleformat fields (even tried $meta(...)).
  • I tried both query options and every of the sync-preferences, which should have no effect at all having local search as the only source.
  • I configured the local file search by using the Properties button:
    • Sub-directory search: enabled
    • Search depth:3
    • Lyrics path is simply G:\Lyrics for me.
  • Of course, I checked the presence of the specific lyric files in G:\Lyrics

But: Local file search is still not working for me.

EDIT:
OK, this is definitely a BUG.
After changing the custom SAVE path under "Lyric Saving" to "G:\Lyrics" the local search works, so it seems that the local file search doesn't interpret the custom SEARCH path but the SAVE path.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #103
@traxy

Has been fixed for next release (it was very minor).

does title formatting work in the Lyric Saving tab

No. (Why would you ever want to do this anyway?)

...always prefer synced lyrics, even when they are available...

It will be fixed in the next release (also very minor changes).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #104
@Szekely

I am aware of this, and it will hopefully be solved in the next release.

@holyrevenger

I've already been asked to do this.... (It has already been solved, it was an error in the code - but this hasn't been released yet).

Thanks!

Another bug report:
Fallback text will not be loaded when CUI Layout changed.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #105
After the great improvement of usability i have started to become acquainted with lyrics_show component.

I have a question regarding the search parameters in lyrics search tab - not really a question but more the desire to get confirmation what i learned after some quick testing: The search parameters are not only related to online search but also to local file search?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #106
yes, the search parameters apply to all searches (apart from tag search - because you specify what tag name(s) you want to load from).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #107
I thought so because i changed the saved name of text file and nevertheless the lyrics was shown: so an intelligent type of search is proceeded. Would be an useful information to call the groupbox f.e. "Search parameters (online and local file search)". So i wouldn't have tested that behaviour.

An other irritating point: "Available sources" in fact means: "Disabled sources"

(Another edit)
How does the tag search know in which field the synced lyrics are saved when it comes to prefer them?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #108
The tag search doesn't know whether the lyrics are synced or not, it just searches the fields you've asked it to (entered in properties of Tag Search) and adds what it finds to a list. The list is then sorted according to your preferences, so it will display what you want (synced or unsynced). Saving is completely independent of loading lyrics (it doesn't care where you've saved it).

Edit: Doesn't the DSP page have them listed as available sources as well? (I'm not at my own computer so I can't check ).

Edit: Hopefully explained a little better .

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #109
Had a quick look: yes, they are called "available dsps" but the list left to it is called "active dsps".

(still don't understand yourr explanation.  )

Edit: Hopefully explained a little better .

Ok, let me give you an example of what i don't understand:
Let's say "only query next source if no valid lyrics are found" is enabled", the only active source is "tag search" and in properties of tag search in "read lyrics from the tags" in exactly this order is written: "Unsynced Lyrics; Lyrics". How can the synced lyrics be found when i've setted "only synced" in "search for this type of lyric"?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #110
It will only query the next source if no valid lyric is found. So, it will search/load all lyrics from a particular source (e.g. Tag search) and then check if a valid lyric has been found. If one had been found, it will display this, otherwise it will continue searching.

Is this clearer?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #111
g-stankovic

sounds like the next preference then becomes important. All tag lyrics searched and then the one displayed is based on Search for this type of lyric.
Name of this preference could be better, though I do not have a suggestion.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #112
What you said is clear! But if i have setted "only synced" and in tag search both field Unsynced Lyrics and Lyrics are present how the component knows which of that both field contains synced lyrics? (I would test it on my own what happens in that case but i have no synced lyrics). Or better described: It finds as first source the unsnced lyrics but the option is "only snced" - how does the component know not to display them? By the content (the time expression)?

In the meantime i found a probably minor issue:
I downloaded for a whole album (BDP - Sex and violence) the lyrics as textfiles. For some lyrics the "copy lyrics" command is available and for some not (command is greyed out). I can't see a difference between the files.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #113
the next preference

What do you mean by this?

set "only synced" and in tag search both field Unsynced Lyrics and Lyrics are present how the component knows which of that both field contains synced lyrics?

It works it out based on the data loaded. Synced and unsynced lyrics have differences in how they are saved, it searches for these differences.

some lyrics the "copy lyrics" command is available and for some not (command is greyed out)

I have no idea why that is happening (I haven't touched that piece of code). I'll have a look when I next get the chance.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #114
It works it out based on the data loaded. Synced and unsynced lyrics have differences in how they are saved, it searches for these differences.
Thanks, that 's what i wanted to know. I am surprised how intelligent (means: no users definition) this is working. 

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #115
Maybe another minor issue: in "about current lyrics" for a local file the attribute "bad" was displayed so i thought that attribute was overtaken from the attribute in online search. Hence i apllied the lyrics search and loaded lyrics with a better atrribute and then saved the lyrics. After applying "about current lyrics" on local file the same attribute "bad" remained although i expecetd "medium".

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #116
Another issue in same area: what is "next" supposed to do if a lyric is displayed from an online search? display of next online db? In my case the fallback text will be shown with source: unknown in "about current lyrics" and on further next the same online db is shown again! (the other online db also have lyrics)
If "next" is suposed to do nothing then the "next" should be greyed out and be unavailable. Or is it a bug because the next online db search isn't shown?

You did so much for usability and what i've described is the legacy of the old versions. But all these "unclear" points in its summary still make the component unfriendly because the new user is not able to recognize on first sight what is expected to happen. As i requested a few days ago it should be displayed in the ui-element itself what sourse is used and which sources are still available for next search so that no confusion happens.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #117
Lyrics display flickers and does not scroll when playing songs encoded in TTA with embedded cue sheets.

Have converted TTA to FLAC and it displayed fine.

Sorry if this has been reported already, or if not intended to be supported.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #118
The "blend with background colour" option is not preserved when restarting foobar2000. I have to set it manually everytime.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #119
Playing stream online, it'll get wrong result. For example, 977 music the hitz channel urls is "http://icecast3.977music.com/hitz", the lyrics name will be "977 Music Channel - .977 The Hitz Channel - 977MUSIC.COM - The #1 Hit Music Internet.lrc".

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #120
finally! thanks

what about new databases? lyricsplugin.com plyrics.com darklyrics.com

I second this request. When you listen to metal 'darklyrics.com' is a must.

+1

Thanks !

Yes, everyone is real excited. Can we stop the bumping the thread with nothing other than zero content +1 posts?

What is the point of a +1 post quoting a quote of a +1 post.

tpijag I have the same request is it possible!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #121
son, there is a social pattern to everything in the world. HydrogenAudio has many.

One is that it is preferred that threads do not get polluted with +1 posts.
Another is a desire for posters to not quote previous posts needlessly. [obviously you missed the entire point of what I said]
Another is to not quote more text than you add.

3 for 3.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #122
brilliant component. very well designed and very useful.

but i can't get it to auto-save lyrics

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #123
Don't think that is a common issue. Only a small set of save settings.
How are your Lyric Saving preferences set?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #124
This component was the last piece that made fb2k perfect for me. Thank you for picking it up!

May I request the inclusion of a scrollbar for the lyrics, when auto-scrolling is disabled?
edit: The ability to copy and paste text would also be much appreciated!