Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tags - modify and add to *.wv
TJFO
post Aug 20 2010, 14:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66373

Hi,

I don't know how to modify and add fields to an existing *.wv with wavpack. Is it possible with wavpack itself? I am missing only these two commands (i.e. adding or removing cover to an existing *.wv). May be I cannot find this commands. Would be fine to have them also in *.lib ... I didn't find an other command-line tool for only these things.

Regards
Thomas

This post has been edited by TJFO: Aug 20 2010, 14:57
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bryant
post Aug 22 2010, 21:13
Post #2

WavPack Developer

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 900

There's no way to add or remove cover art from an existing WavPack file using the command-line tools. The WvGain program can add or remove replay gain tags, but that's it.

The WavPack library can do it. Implementing this would be fairly easy...just mix and match various components from the WvGain and WavPack command-line programs.

One of my longer-term projects would be to expand the capability of WvGain to more generally function as a command-line tags editor to handle things like you suggest, but it certainly seems like there must be something available that does this (although probably the problem is finding something that handles the binary tags).

Sorry I could not be more helpful! sad.gif

David
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 01:48