Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not my release] foo_uie_panel_splitter (Read 400692 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not my release] foo_uie_panel_splitter

Reply #876
I was on the right path. Had divide but the syntax was wrong. Thanks again.

Reply #877
Not completely sure if right topic, but it is connected to PSS.

I have PSS and Horizontal Splitter with two filters. PSS is there just to help hide scrollbar from one of the filters. The problem is, as soon as I go up or down with mouse scroll, PSS apparently becomes transparent, and scrollbar appears. PSS is still there, can't actually click on scrollbar, yet, it's transparent for some reason. Any advice for this?

Works now...

Mouse-wheel on, and ...

Reply #878
each filter needs to go inside its own panel stack splitter. tick the box forced layout on the PanelList tab. on the Script tab use this.

Code: [Select]
$movepanel(0,0,0,$add(%_width%,15),%_height%)

you may need to adjust the value 15 depending on your windows theme which dictates how wide the scrollbar is.

edit: because each filter is in its own splitter, you'll see to go to the filters preferences tab and change the filter precedence settings to by field list above.

Reply #879
Thank you marc, works as intended.

Minor annoyance is that now those filters affect some others filters I have in other tabs. I assume it's "by field list above" the problem, as when filters are in vertical or horizontal splitters, they don't need that option.

Thanks again!

Reply #880
it's a compromise you have to make. the only way to hide scrollbars fully is by putting each filter in its own PSS. doing that breaks the original splitter option. selecting anything in one filter has no effect on any others. that's why you have to change that filter precedence option.

Reply #881
If anyone is patient enough to advise me again, would be appreciated. Just can't stop playing with this wonderful software.

$imagebutton(15,77,80,54,$get(skin_path)\%publisher%.png,$get(skin_path)\%publisher%_h.png,CONTEXT:Quicksearch for same/Publisher)

In the image above, top half is PSS, and bottom one is Item Details element. This small script allows me to click on that Publisher image ('Arista'), and Quick Search for it would be performed. First problem I have is when I have more than one value in Publisher tag, for example, 'Arista;EMI', and then, nothing would be displayed. Is it possible for different elements to...lets say "concentrate" on one value in the tag, and ignore the other one? So, the script above would deal with 'Arista' part (well, a bit modified if possible, probably), and I'd add second script that would deal with 'EMI', so I could have two label logo images displayed?

If not, can it be directed to only deal with first value? So, in 'Arista;EMI' example, at least Arista one would be displayed?

Another question I had was can those darker font values in Item Details become clickable? I mean, when clicked on, playlist would be generated, or again, quick search would be performed.

Couldn't do nothing much about that in Item Details, but played a bit in PSS, and similar problem with multivalue fields, but this time *everything* would be displayed, so "Electronic, Hip Hop, Pop"...still loooooots to learn.

Take care all, and happy holidays.

Reply #882
use $meta(publisher,0) to access the first value, $meta(publisher,1) for the 2nd and so on.

i can't see your image but i did make my own properties panel in WSH panel mod where all the values are clickable and they will generate autoplaylists. it doesn't break down multiple values though. i'm too lazy for that.

http://marc2003.x10host.com/properties

Reply #883
Outstanding, thank you. You were invaluable help in building my configurations.

And of course, properties sample. With some editing could display only what I need. Much appreciated!

Reply #884
Just one more quick question connected to my previous post.

$imagebutton(280,555,80,54,$get(skin_path)\$meta(publisher,0).png,$get(skin_path)\$meta(publisher,0)_h.png,CONTEXT:Quicksearch for same/Publisher;REFRESH)
$imagebutton(195,555,80,54,$get(skin_path)\$meta(publisher,1).png,$get(skin_path)\$meta(publisher,1)_h.png,CONTEXT:Quicksearch for same/Publisher;REFRESH)

Display wise, works wonderful, but when clicked on, that search looks for whole tag, not each value separately, so from previous example, quicksearch for "Arista;EMI" would be performed. Is there anything in that code I could change that top one will look for first value, "Arista", and bottom one for second, "EMI"? Doesn't need to be quicksearch, playlist generating suits me fine as well.

Reply #885
presmably you can configure quicksearch in the same way? use $meta(publisher,0) instead of %publisher%.

Reply #886
That, of course, worked flawlessly. 

Added a few 'publishers', and some more 'genres', and 'styles'. Once again, thanks, marc2003.

Reply #887
Need a bit of help with imagebuttons within PSS. Not sure how to go about with hover on and selected states.

On the left is Item Details, text based, on the right PSS buttons. What I would like to, is that buttons stay 'lit' depending what we pressed, ie. first three if we click on third one, first four if on fourth, etc. Like in Item Display. Perfect would be if hover on behaves in similar way, but that's not as needed as "selected"...

Code is pretty simple now, so, if anyone have any advice on this, would be appreciated.

$imagebutton(10,80,,,$get(skin_path)\blank_01.png,$get(skin_path)\full_01.png,CONTEXT:Custom Database/Album Rating 1;REFRESH),
$imagebutton(30,80,,,$get(skin_path)\blank_01.png,$get(skin_path)\full_01.png,CONTEXT:Custom Database/Album Rating 2;REFRESH)
$imagebutton(50,80,,,$get(skin_path)\blank_01.png,$get(skin_path)\full_01.png,CONTEXT:Custom Database/Album Rating 3;REFRESH)
$imagebutton(70,80,,,$get(skin_path)\blank_01.png,$get(skin_path)\full_01.png,CONTEXT:Custom Database/Album Rating 4;REFRESH)
$imagebutton(90,80,,,$get(skin_path)\blank_01.png,$get(skin_path)\full_01.png,CONTEXT:Custom Database/Album Rating 5;REFRESH)

Reply #888
it's not possible to do a hover effect highlighting lower value buttons - you're limited to the boundaries of the button you're hovering on. you could do it with WSH panel mod though.

showing the current rating is easy enough

$imagebutton(10,80,,,$get(skin_path)\$ifgreater(%album rating%,0,full_01.png,blank_01.png),$get(skin_path)\hover_01.png,CONTEXT:Custom Database/Album Rating 1;REFRESH)
$imagebutton(30,80,,,$get(skin_path)\$ifgreater(%album rating%,1,full_01.png,blank_01.png),$get(skin_path)\hover_01.png,CONTEXT:Custom Database/Album Rating 2;REFRESH)
$imagebutton(50,80,,,$get(skin_path)\$ifgreater(%album rating%,2,full_01.png,blank_01.png),$get(skin_path)\hover_01.png,CONTEXT:Custom Database/Album Rating 3;REFRESH)
$imagebutton(70,80,,,$get(skin_path)\$ifgreater(%album rating%,3,full_01.png,blank_01.png),$get(skin_path)\hover_01.png,CONTEXT:Custom Database/Album Rating 4;REFRESH)
$imagebutton(90,80,,,$get(skin_path)\$ifgreater(%album rating%,4,full_01.png,blank_01.png),$get(skin_path)\hover_01.png,CONTEXT:Custom Database/Album Rating 5;REFRESH)

note how i've changed the hover image. you obviously want something that will contrast with images for albums that are already rated.

edit: fix copy/paste fail

Reply #889
Thanks again, marc! One too many $get(skin_path), but that's it. I'm very very happy with the result, even without hover on state...

Did play a bit with your WSH Ratings sample, but that works with foo_playcount.

Reply #890
Have just one problem, and hopefully no more (yeah, right!).

$textbutton(17,190,132,14,$meta(genre,0),$meta(genre,0),CONTEXT:Quicksearch for same/Genre;REFRESH,fontcolor:150-150-150 left,fontcolor:230-230-230 left)
$textbutton(17,205,132,14,$meta(genre,1),$meta(genre,1),CONTEXT:Quicksearch for same/Genre1;REFRESH,fontcolor:150-150-150 left,fontcolor:230-230-230 left)
$textbutton(17,220,132,14,$meta(genre,2),$meta(genre,2),CONTEXT:Quicksearch for same/Genre2;REFRESH,fontcolor:150-150-150 left,fontcolor:230-230-230 left)
$textbutton(17,235,132,14,$meta(genre,3),$meta(genre,3),CONTEXT:Quicksearch for same/Genre3;REFRESH,fontcolor:150-150-150 left,fontcolor:230-230-230 left)
$textbutton(17,250,118,14,$meta(genre,4),$meta(genre,4),CONTEXT:Quicksearch for same/Genre4;REFRESH,fontcolor:150-150-150 left,fontcolor:230-230-230 left)
$textbutton(17,265,118,14,$meta(genre,5),$meta(genre,5),CONTEXT:Quicksearch for same/Genre5;REFRESH,fontcolor:150-150-150 left,fontcolor:230-230-230 left)

These buttons perform quicksearch based on value in multivalue tag. If tag is for example: Rock; Electronic; Jazz, pressing second button should perform the search for Electronic. Problem is, it displays as results only those albums which also have Electronic value as a second tag. So, Jazz; Rock; Electronic would be ignored, as would just Electronic for example. Rock; Electronic would work, as any other where Electronic is second in line.

This is quicksearch configuration for it...

Any advice for this?

Reply #891
Simply use %genre% in the quicksearch settings?

Although I guess the problem is you can't feed quicksearch with a $meta(genre,x) as search string BUT make it search in %genre%. That might be an inherent limitation of the component as of right now.

Reply #892
Yeah, seems so unfortunately.

Reply #893
@OoNebsoO, if you have an old copy of my WSH samples hanging about, you can modify the code in the properties script to split multi value tags so each value is clickable to create an autoplaylist. single value tags will continue to use IS but multi value tags will use HAS.

open common8.js and find this line of code...

for (i = 0; i < fileinfo.MetaCount; i++) {

now replace this entire section...

var name;
    name = fileinfo.MetaName(i);
    this.names[i] = name.toUpperCase();
    this.urls[i] = p.eval("$meta(" + name + ")").replace(/\s{2,}/g,' ');
    this.queries[i] = this.names[i].toLowerCase() + " IS " + this.urls[i];
}

with...

var name, value, num;
    num = p.eval("$meta_num(" + name + ")");
    for (j = 0; j < num; j++) {
        value = p.eval("$meta(" + name + "," + j +")").replace(/\s{2,}/g, ' ');
        this.names.push(num == 1 || j == 0 ? name.toUpperCase() : "");
        this.urls.push(value);
        this.queries.push(name.toLowerCase() + (num == 1 ? " IS " : " HAS ") + value);
    }
}

Reply #894
Works lovely, thanks. 

Just one more question, is there a way to manipulate what is shown in properties?

Reply #895
yes, it can be hacked to do just about anything you like. what did you want included or excluded?

Reply #896
Basically, would like it to be something more like Album Info (or details) and less like normal Properties, so mostly technical stuff wouldn't be needed as that rarely changes within my library. Encoding, bitrate, codec, sample rate, etc, those are pretty much the same across my whole library...

Here's an image with a lot of my custom tags...

http://i.imgur.com/RmbVC4I.png

I'd love to keep all that above until Style (with maybe some small modification for display of those discogs_ tags if it's possible), and could do without those below Style tag.

But it's a small thing, I really love the properties as they are now. Maybe if we could decide the order of display only.

Cheers!

Reply #897
this displays metadata only. i've cut out all the location/tech info. arranging the tags in a custom order is possible but it's way beyond what i'm prepared to do for you...

just look at replacing everything between the case and break statements in your existing script.

case "properties":
                this.names = [];
                this.names_widths = [];
                this.urls = [];
                this.queries = [];
                this.filename = p.metadb.Path;
                var fileinfo = p.metadb.GetFileInfo();
                var name, value, num, j;
                    num = p.eval("$meta_num(" + name + ")");
                    for (j = 0; j < num; j++) {
                        value = p.eval("$meta(" + name + "," + j +")").replace(/\s{2,}/g, ' ');
                        this.names.push(num == 1 || j == 0 ? name.toUpperCase() : "");
                        this.urls.push(value);
                        this.queries.push(name.toLowerCase() + (num == 1 ? " IS " : " HAS ") + value);
                        this.names_widths.push(temp_gr.CalcTextWidth(value, p.list_font));
                    }
                }
                fileinfo.Dispose();
                this.items = this.names.length;
                break;

Reply #898
this displays metadata only. i've cut out all the location/tech info. arranging the tags in a custom order is possible but it's way beyond what i'm prepared to do for you...

Mate, without your help, I wouldn't have this kick ass configuration (well, for my needs at least) now. Already had invaluable help!

Script updated, looks goooooood.

Reply #899
I'm just getting started with this component.

I've tried using the $crlf() function in the $drawtext text argument, but it doesn't work. To get multiple lines I had to write a script for each line. Since all other titleformatting keywords seem to work, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Did anybody else have the same problem?
I'm late