Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_osd Does Not Show Effectively during Fullscreen Apps (Read 1449 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_osd Does Not Show Effectively during Fullscreen Apps

So yesterday, I got foo_osd (On-Screen Display; shows track information on top of all most windows during track change, play, pause, etc.).  The main reason I got it is so that I can see song info while playing fullscreen games or whilst otherwise engaged in a fullscreen application.  When I tested it out on a fullscreen game, it flickers when it shows, and it is hardly visible.  I want it to be able to display over fullscreen apps the way Xfire or Steam does, with matching visibility.

Is there a way to fix this?

foo_osd Does Not Show Effectively during Fullscreen Apps

Reply #1
You're welcome to try something like Growl for Windows or Snarl and see if their overlays will work in full screen games. I don't really want to get into the complicated process of writing a DirectX/OpenGL hook library just to insert my overlay component into full screen games in a way that won't break noticeably. And even if I did something like that, there's a chance that games with anti-cheating systems and/or DRM would detect and/or block any attempt to hook into them.