Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Equalizer Presets (Read 355747 times) previous topic - next topic

Equalizer Presets

Reply #28
2 pages of alternative links (out of hundreds of threads)? Please supply internal presets like Winamp does. This is really a mandatory need from a music player.

Thanks!

Equalizer Presets

Reply #29
No it's not. Contrary to popular belief, equalizer settings don't depend on the style of music being played but on your listening equipment and personal taste.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #30
I would love to integrate the Winamp presets because I enjoyed two presets that actually sounded better in my ears; Full bass and trebel, and Laptop speakers/headphones.

What would be the math behind adapting presets from Winamp's 10-band 12 +/-db + preamp to Foobar's 18-band 20 +/- db EQ?

Is 12 DB in fb2k 12 in Winamp, or are they just graphical representations of +100%/-100%? (I assume I am wrong in thinking this but I dunno...

This would also be helpful for those migrating from Winamp to fb2k to know this kind of stuff.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #31
Skimming through the topic, I'd have to say that Hearbar and Yirkha have had the best explanations: that equalizer settings are only to compensate for taste and audio set-up, and not to "fix" the way music is recorded - "flat" is the way it was intended by the artists and engineers.

Granted, I came here looking for some basic presets for certain situations - at a party, at a dance, etc. but when it comes to personal listening, just play around, and see what you get.

Sorry for resurrecting a thread unnecessarily.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #32
i don't like using the equalizer any more. i prefer to listen to the music as it is was intended.
but anyway, for you guys/girls who like using them:

i uploaded some presets for Foobar2000, that i collected/combined from 3 different sources.
download link

have fun

edit: link was broken, fixed it

All in one.
Thanks!