Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LAME 3.99 is out (Read 297571 times) previous topic - next topic

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #275
@Jebus

Albert Faber originally wrote the code for the DLL for his CDex project.
For new programs, do use the libmp3lame.dll instead.

Do you want to replace RG by r128 ?

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #276
ah, I didn't realize - thought it was the preferred public API. I'm using my own native C# RG implementation; I may also implement r128 at a later date.

Could someone add libmp3lame.dll be to the Rarewares Lame bundles? I need both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, and don't have access to ICL. It would be muchly appreciated!

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #277
Will do, over the next 24 hours.  I'll add them separately.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #278
So, what's the verdict? Is 3.99.3 going to be it for a while? There have been a slew of releases in very short order. Could we see a 3.99.4 soon to fix more bugs? I'm hesitant to encode anything with 3.99.3 after the missteps with 3.99 and 3.99.1 and 3.99.2.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #279
You don't have to re-encode when a new subversion comes out. As  far as I can see  the new subversion were only a.bout special tagging issues.
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #280
Robert and Mr. Odd:

I'm using mp3gain v1.25

When I did run "check integrity," it told me that there were minor problems and that there were multiple id3v2 tags encountered.

So I checked my EAC settings. I had LAME set up to tag the file:
-V2 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%artist%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --tt "%title%" --tn "%tracknr%" --tg "%genre%" --ty "%year%" %source% %dest%

And also on the EAC compression tab I had 'Add ID3 tag' checked as well. So I think that there were actually two sets of tags being written. If I unchecked the box and tested, I was still getting id3v2 tags, but no errors in foobar or in mp3gain.

So I think the problem is solved for me. I'm still curious as to why this caused problems in 3.99 but not in 3.98?

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #281
When I did run "check integrity," it told me that there were minor problems and that there were multiple id3v2 tags encountered.

... as was suggested in post #266.

Nonetheless, LAME should have replaced the old tag instead of piling on. It is a bug in LAME.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #282
Could someone add libmp3lame.dll be to the Rarewares Lame bundles? I need both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, and don't have access to ICL. It would be muchly appreciated!

Compiles of the dll with exports and libs (ICL 12.1), x86 and x64, now at Rarewares on the lame-libs page.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #283
Nonetheless, LAME should have replaced the old tag instead of piling on. It is a bug in LAME.

LAME creates the file, there is nothing to replace. Sorry, no bug in LAME.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #284

Compiles of the dll with exports and libs (ICL 12.1), x86 and x64, now at Rarewares on the lame-libs page. 

Thanks so much - you rule!

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #285
The program must protect itself from idiots. Or, security holes would be user errors too. It is an EAC bug, because it should check
if the file contains the tag already before writing its own.

First of all, the program is listed as a beta version.

Second, you have a choice of beginner mode or advanced mode. Beginner is default. Do you think it needs a stupid mode?
Glass half full!

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #286
Whether or not it was idiotic of me to leave the 'write id3 tag' box checked, I still am curious as to why it's only an issue using 3.99, and something I've never encountered with all of the other versions of LAME I've used (back to 3.96.1)...

Regardless, it's no longer an issue for me, and I learned a bit more about EAC in the process.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #288

Not meant for you!

I split away the useless off-topic argument but wanted to keep zipr's post since it relates back to differences between the current version of Lame and previous versions.  Your post was kept in order to preserve some context and it links back to the binned side-discussion.  Sorry for any confusion.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #289

If that's not too much trouble, could you please add a modified lame_enc.dll to use .ini settings as well? Thanks.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #290
I still am curious as to why it's only an issue using 3.99, and something I've never encountered with all of the other versions of LAME I've used (back to 3.96.1)...

As of v3.99, LAME writes unicode tags by default (and when compiled with unicode support). The byte order marker (BOM) look like sync bits. Seeing your location, you eventually can live with Latin-1 text encoding, add --id3v2-latin1 in front of the other tagging options to avoid unicode tags.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #291

If that's not too much trouble, could you please add a modified lame_enc.dll to use .ini settings as well? Thanks.

Yes, sorry, I meant to look at these variations but they slipped my mind!  I'll try to get them done in the next day, or so.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #292

Available at Rarewares now in the same place as before.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #293

Available at Rarewares now in the same place as before.

Would ini file settings have a precedence over other settings?
I do not like Winamps mp3 encoder set up that is very outdated.
Can I use this to overwrite Winamp plugin?

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #294
Yes, that is basically the entire purpose of that particular DLL.

Edit: Well, sort of
This dll uses an '.ini' file to set up the encoder. This is designed for use with applications that use the dll but do not provide full preset support.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #296
Yes, that is basically the entire purpose of that particular DLL.

Edit: Well, sort of
http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-libraries.php[/url] ]This dll uses an '.ini' file to set up the encoder. This is designed for use with applications that use the dll but do not provide full preset support.

Sort of the other way around
This implies that the ini file has lower precedence, but this is not clear or explicit.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #297
Sort of the other way around
This implies that the ini file has lower precedence, but this is not clear or explicit.

The code for the dll has been modified so that it ignores all parameters from the 'host' application that are specified in the .ini file.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #298
I cannot see why such DLL is better for Winamp users. 

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #299
likewise.

yes the Winamp mp3 encoder settings dialog isn't great / needs to be updated to whatever the suggested guidelines are now, but it otherwise works.

-daz