Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC fixed settings? (Read 3687 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC fixed settings?

Maybe I am missing something but I downloaded FLAC binary 1.1.0 from Sourceforge and tried a number of frontends including Monkey's and MultiFrontend.
My problem is that no matter what switch I use when encoding FLAC always go to default settings. I tried numerous switches and I'm realy running out of ideas..

Any idea?

FLAC fixed settings?

Reply #1
Did you try flac frontend?

It's at speex page or with an installer at mike wren's page

Alternatively you can have EAC call flac, and use tags and switches.  There are a couple threads here on that, like this one

FLAC fixed settings?

Reply #2
@buzzy

Actualy I did try both of those solutions but for some reason when FLAC cli is started I can see that all switches are at their defaults. I am getting a bit frustrated. Even --best switch included in MultiFrontEnd doesn't work. Grrrrrr

FLAC fixed settings?

Reply #3
Have you tried Frontah 0.0.0.3 ?  Based on encode times and filesizes for settings 5 & 8 it seems to pass the parameters and understand my file tags...

Lore.

FLAC fixed settings?

Reply #4
@Lore

No help from Frontah...

FLAC fixed settings?

Reply #5
Well, the flac FrontEnd is definitely passing through the right parameters for my tags and for various encoding levels, so it must be something about your setup.

Try using the installer at www.mikewren.com/flac - currently installs the FrontEnd v1.7.1 etree edition, and also checks to make sure you have the various supporting files needed for it to run.  Or check your versions and compiles.

FYI, in case this gives any clues - the front ends just create a batch file, which is then executed.  I can't imagine why that would matter, but FYI.

Is it possible you have a wrong version of flac somewhere in your path, and it's finding that instead?  You might do a search for flac*.*

FLAC fixed settings?

Reply #6
I tried installer you recomended but I have same problem all over again. No matter what I try FLAC settings are always fixed....