Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Crossfading in winamp 2 with Flac... (Read 3776 times) previous topic - next topic

Crossfading in winamp 2 with Flac...

Hello,

I use Winamp 2 with SqrSoft Crossfader.  My music format is Flac.

Most of the time it crossfades correctly between songs, but sometimes it just plays to the end of a song and then starts playing the next, with no crossfade.

Anyone know any way around this?  I'll post my settings in a followup if nessesary.

Thanks

Reply #1
Maybe you've set a little crossfade time (if it possible) and some of files have
a long silence at beggining\end or if this crossfader is not freeware it can randomly
crossfade or not. please give more info and link for it.
And why not use native Winamp crossfade ?

Reply #2
I use Winamp 2 with SqrSoft Crossfader.  My music format is Flac.

Most of the time it crossfades correctly between songs, but sometimes it just plays to the end of a song and then starts playing the next, with no crossfade.

Anyone know any way around this?  I'll post my settings in a followup if nessesary.

Hi.  SqrSoft Advanced Crossfading uses a "smart crossfade" approach to buffer ahead (15 seconds by default), and towards the end of a track it analyzes for fade, silence, beat pattern, etc.  On some tracks it crossfades during the music if the track playing would normally fade out, but for a track that ends abruptly it most often waits for the last beat of the song before switching to the next track.

Go into Winamp Preferences - Plug-ins - Output - SqrSoft Advanced Crossfading - Configure, and click the Help tab.  The author of the plug-in gives some advice for how to configure the crossfader for different needs and music types.

If you want something simpler and more "predictable", try Nullsoft Crossfading Output.  It's a basic crossfader that does a simple fade overlap of 5 seconds between tracks, regardless of how abruptly (or not) a track would normally end.  Configuration is limited but very straightforward.

I personally use the SqrSoft plug-in most often for events, but there are also times I just want a simple fixed overlap, at which times I switch to Nullsoft's Crossfade.

Hope this helps.