IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Component to rewind last track for a few seconds?
jHAS
post Jul 31 2013, 21:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100832

I'm searching for a component that would let me go back some seconds into the last song in the playlist (or folder from which files are being read).
Something like a multi tracked single file, except they're various files...? Gapless playback. But with gaps.

It could keep the last file still buffered in the memory or something so I could just do Backwards by 5 seconds (or more) shortcut.

You guys got the idea, hopefully. If I keep talking I'll just miss the point altogether.
So, is there something like it?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Propheticus
post Jul 31 2013, 21:55
Post #2

Member No.: 93615

Given tracks A and B, where B comes after A. Do you mean that you want to be able to do 'go back 5 secs' in track B at point 0:00:03 and then end up in track A 2 seconds from the end instead of the start of track B?

This post has been edited by Propheticus: Jul 31 2013, 21:55
+Quote Post
jHAS
post Aug 1 2013, 02:52
Post #3

Member No.: 100832

Let's say A has 2:59 of duration and B is a literal sequel to A.
When A ends and B start playing, I want to go "Backwards by 5 seconds" and end up in A (2:54), not go to the start of B.

This would become very useful for me because I have a bunch of songs that are meant to be played back-to-back but sometimes there is that part so good and it is meant to be A's outro and B's intro.
Namely: Protest the Hero's Palms Read (3:44 starts the intro) into Limb from Limb or Stone Sour's Gone Sovereign (3:38) into Absolute Zero.

The PSP does this and if I had any idea of how to talk any programming language I'd try to do this. It can't be that hard since foobar already has a pretty good buffer system for gapless playback.

This post has been edited by jHAS: Aug 1 2013, 02:55
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 21:02