Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Step by step guide to use ratings with foobar2000 0.9.5 (Read 192580 times) previous topic - next topic

Step by step guide to use ratings with foobar2000 0.9.5

Reply #50
Hi sh4d0wscr34m
I think that there is a limit imposed on the ratings of 5 as I have tried to use a higher rating with no success before.

BTW I have amended my original script. This one works just like the original and is much shorter lol.

Regards
Raybass

Reply #51
How about half-stars? Is it possible to get those to work? If so does anyone have a working code? None of theones posted so far have worked.

Reply #52
I was experiencing the issue described in your 11/24/2007 amendment.  Basically, the hotkeys would only rate the track that was playing...not highlighted tracks.  Now with 1.0, it seems the hotkeys will rate highlighted tracks instead of the track that is playing.  Totally awesome.  I was not fond of right clicking and going through a hierarchy of menus to get around it.

Reply #53
Is there a version of this somewhere updated for v1?

In trying to follow these instructions it seems some of it is redundant and I rolled back my changes.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Reply #54
Hi all, I set up my ratings, which is great. I wonder is there a way to code for a rollover of the stars to simply click on the stars. I set up the keyboard shortcuts, but sometimes you've already got you finger on the mouse and shortcuts are longer than a click. Having both options would be sweet. 

Reply #55
How about half-stars? Is it possible to get those to work?

To show half-stars I use this code (also implementing pseudo-color codes)

Code: [Select]
$if(%rating%,
$ifequal($meta(rating),10,>>>?????,
$ifequal($meta(rating),9,>>?????,
$ifequal($meta(rating),8,>????,
$ifequal($meta(rating),7,????,
$ifequal($meta(rating),6,<???,
$ifequal($meta(rating),5,<<???,
$ifequal($meta(rating),4,<<<??,
$ifequal($meta(rating),3,<<<??,
$ifequal($meta(rating),2,<<<?,
$ifequal($meta(rating),1,<<<?,
)))))))))),)

The trick is very simple: to show 4.5 stars the rating has to be 9 (4.5*2).

I hope that will be useful.

Reply #56
This doesn't work for me. Quicktagger fails to load on my Foobar setup, and it's a pretty basic setup... think it might need updating? :/

"Failed to load DLL: foo_quicktag.dll
Reason: The specified procedure could not be found."

Reply #57
Hi guys. I must admit, I am totally lost. I wanted to use rating but it was too much for me, I just didn't understand. Could I ask you to provide a complete quide how to set everything?
I would like to use 5 stars rating, rating itself in golden stars, the rest up to 5 (and unrated tracks) in black or grey stars. I tried to do as was written here but without success, still no rating visible, even it's rated through Mp3Tag. I don't know which one to use - either Quick Tagger or Playback St.? I beg for help. I also wonder - will the rating be visible in Metadata box once it is all set up correctly?
Same as user Pring I would like to ask if it's possible to rate by just rolling over and clicking on the stars.
Thanks for your help

Reply #58
I used the exact settings described by the OP, and everything's working fine on foobar2000 1.0.3.
Thanks a lot

Reply #59
For anyone digging for info about this.

Simply install the Playback Statistics Component.
Add a New Custom Column with the value [%rating_stars_fixed%]
Go into Keyboard Shortcuts.

'Add new' in the Assigned Shortcuts section. Assign it as NUM PLUS.
In the 'Action' section type rating in the Filter list by: box.
Now select the Rating + function.

'Add new' in the Assigned Shortcuts section. Assign it as NUM SUB.
In the 'Action' section type rating in the Filter list by: box.
Now select the Rating - function.
Click OK.

Now you just need to press + or - while the song is highlighted to change ratings.

For new users having this already setup when they install the statistics component might avoid people asking how to do this all the time.

Reply #60
This is great .. but is there any way we can get Foo to use the integrated Windows tags? 

I really like the way tags I make in Mediamonkey will show up in Explorer and elsewhere, but that didn't seem to happen when I set up Foobar with the quicktag method.

Thanks!

Hi! Is there any solution for unified tagging?

Reply #61
Hi,

I followed all the instructions above and got it working great thank you. My question is when I change foobars playlist font under colors and fonts the stars display as boxes and will not add the shaded rater tags how can I get the stars back and keep my font

My Font: Perpetua
Foobar Version: V1.1.6 (Stable)

thanks

Reply #62
... My question is when I change foobars playlist font under colors and fonts the stars display as boxes and will not add the shaded rater tags how can I get the stars back and keep my font

Use ESplaylist and you'll never have any star problem, because the stars in ESplaylist are not font-stars. Quicktagger for tagging with keyboard shortcuts. You can use mouseclicks for tagging also - but then some adjustments in Preferences - Esplaylist - Behaviour - Rating Editing are necessary.
(Half-star-rating or similar bullshit is not possible).

Reply #63
Jayjo
thanks very much for your post it was extremely useful. I would like to ask for your permission to translate the guide to Chinese and post on my blog (http://hi.baidu.com/v%BF%BC%BE%DD%D3%C3mj/home) if you allow. thank you.

Reply #64
I went to look around the forums here and found this to be working:

$rgb(250,250,0)$repeat($char(9733),%rating%)$repeat($char(9734),$sub(5,%rating%))$rgb()

The rgb color values does not seem to have any impact in my Foobar2k, and I guess that part of the code is useless. Right now my star icons are simply solid white and white outline. Does anyone know if I can color the star icons yellow?

Using Foobar2k v1.1.6 with Facets.

Reply #65
$rgb code is not supported in the default user interface

Reply #66
Nice guide.

Cam this ne posibble for love/ban tracks in lastfm?

Reply #67
sometimes i have this
instead of stars
what could it be ?

Reply #69
I been using the play_count plugin, and so far everything works except for my buttons.

I cannot use my buttons to increase/reset/decrease the ratings. If I use the keyboard shortcuts everything goes well. Manually altering them through the context menu isn't an issue either.

What's wrong with the following settings behind my 3 buttons?

edit: rather than creating new buttons, I used the next/previous/random as a template and apparently that did the trick.

Reply #70
This guide doesn't work for me, too.

When I try to edit properties of a track by setting rating field to any value it woun't be saved.

I guess it's because the track is only part of a file and shown as single one by using a cue-sheet.
Does someone know how to handle rating with cuesheets?

Thanks,

slyght

You can make the cuesheet "embedded"

For this simply right click the file (ex: the .FLAC file), then Utilities, Edit CueSheet, and then click Enable embedded cuesheet on this file.  Click load and you can load the cue sheet.  You now are able to edit tag for that particular .FLAC or .APE file.  This is called Embedded Cuesheet.  I always use that what I got 1 big file for one album with .CUEsheet and I want to be able to set rating for particular songs or use Playback Statistics.  You just need after that to disable loading .CUE when you send your file to playlist in your media library or via Explorer Panel if you don't want your album to appear twice when you load it.  To do it, go to to foobar Preferences, Shell Integration, Exclude File Type = *.CUE.  Note that you also have an option in Explorer Tree panel to disable sending CUEsheets to created playlists.  I hope that answers your question...

Reply #71
You can to that by changing the size of fonts.

If you use ColumnUI:
Go to Foobar Preferences/ColumnUI/Colors and Fonts/Fonts/Mode: Custom and then change the font size

If you don't (Default User Interface):
Go to Foobar Preferences /Default User Interface/Colors and Fonts/ click the Lists box and choose the right font (ex:Arial Unicode MS that comes with Office) and the font size.

I guess there is no way to change character sizes only for one field (ex: only rating), you need to change font size for all the fields in track list.

In default user interface there is a way to change only the track list font size but in ColumnUI I don't find the way, I need to change all the characters of the software in order to do it (Common (List Items))...  If someone knows a way, tell me.

Reply #72
Thanks for the cue!  Works for me!

Reply #73
For me the empty stars turn out smaller than the filled stars.  I use:
$replace($pad($repeat(?,%rating%), 5,.),.,  · )
Which aligns nicely.

It aligns perfectly right when I use the Arial Unicode MS 8pts but for the 7 pts it doesn't align.  Sad I am...

Reply #74
2012 and it still works (with v1.1.13) thanks so much for this!