Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Step by step guide to use ratings with foobar2000 0.9.5 (Read 192585 times) previous topic - next topic

Step by step guide to use ratings with foobar2000 0.9.5

Reply #100
Did you follow the first step?

Step 1: Get Quick Tagger which is needed to update "Rating" tag
Download: Quick Tagger from http://foobar2000.org/components/
Then add this to the foobar2000 /components directory on your hard drive.

keep in mind this thread is mostly 5 plus years old.

Reply #101
respect for the good plugin!

Reply #102
doesn't work with foobar2000 installed via wine in linux (KDE). It shows a blank square box. 

Reply #103
Quick Tagger does intentionally not support titleformatting expressions.

Is there any chance that Quick Tagger could support such expressions at some point, or is this technically non-trivial?

Does it support any kind of programmatic value at present?

My use case: I'd like a keyboard shortcut that writes the current %playback_time% to the selected file's metadata.*

Thanks.

(* I've yet to look closely for a workaround, but I will shortly. :)

Reply #104
Thx for this thread. I have the media-library disabled, because I 1. don't need it and 2. don't want it, because it can cause I/O errors, when another program is writing to a file while foobar updates the library. I'm therefore dependant on this possibility to rate tracks, as I cannot use foo_playcount.

I wanted to give back by adding, that there is the "Segui UI Symbols" font, with which the Stars align perfectly, using the code from page 2, and I believe, that that font looks exactly like Segui, so using Segui UI Symbols for the playlist is another option to make the stars align while preserving, that the fonts match.
And to answer the question for possibilities on how to use the rating that Windows-explorer uses: Afaik, there are 3 options. 1. Install the property handler of dbpoweramp 2. install the property handler from http://sourceforge.net/projects/taglibhandler/ and 3. use Audio-shell http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/audioshell.html . Caution though: The property handler of dbpoweramp is the best developed, it still doesn't display .m4a ratings properly though, because it uses a 1-10 scale with those, so rating a file with 5 results in the file being shown with 3* in Windows (5/2 rounded up) . All other ratings work properly afaik though. And I've not tested the property handlers I linked at 2. and 3. , so those might have bugs aswell. I haven't heard anything bad about the open-source-one below 2. , and if Major Geeks links something, it's usually also good. So while maybe none of those solutions is perfect, they'll all at least fix parts of the bugged ratings in the Explorer. Better make a restore-point, if you try 2. or 3. though, and report about them if you test them plz.

And thx for the tip with the embedded .cue-sheet, that one was also very nice! :thumbsup:

Re: Step by step guide to use ratings with foobar2000 0.9.5

Reply #105
Now Click "Save All" button when done
Selecting a .mp3 file and pressing [Ctrl + 1] (or [Ctrl + 2], ...) does not change the track rating displayed in the "Selection Properties" area. RMB / "Playback Statistics" / "Rating" / [...] works fine, but it takes a very long time to navigate through all the nested menus.

foobar2000 v1.6.7 beta 16, Quick Tagger 1.0.3 (2010-09-01).

Upd.

https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Quick_Tagger_(foo_quicktag)
Enter "$meta(rating)" in "Pattern" field
I had %rating% set, which worked well with the Playback Statistics 3.0.4 component (foo_playcount).

remember to disable the "Playback Statistics" (foo_playcount) component since it conflicts with your manually managed ratings
It's a shame that I had to choose between quick rating and listening statistics. I chose the latter.