Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Navigator-Suite Feedback (Read 355234 times) previous topic - next topic

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #475
Nothing. It is technically impossible currently.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #476
Hi there,

Sorry for the newb post but I've got a fairly simple problem that I havn't a clue how to fix. My PC crashed and I lost my config which had looked like this: http://www.zen85473.zen.co.uk/foobarconfig.jpg - I know I must have just copied a string in somewhere since I've seen that look on other peoples foobar installs. I'm just hoping someone can provide a link to what it is that I need to get this look back, since foobars gone back to black on white basicness since I lost my config in the crash and I really havn't a clue how to get back to where I was.

Sorry if this threads in the wrong place, and apoligies for its noobyness. But I know my config was based around the Album mode of navigator - if a mod could delete it if it's in the wrong place that'd be great. Thanks

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #477
Nothing. It is technically impossible currently.

is it possible to change %bitrate% every 5 seconds or something.
// per second is very annoying but I want a little average so // per track isn't an option.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #478
The question was about albums, not tracks -  displaying average album-bitrate is technically impossible. Columns UI TAGZ can only see one track at a time, not more.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #479
Hmm, obviously I'm running version 0.6 (foo_navigator is version 0.6 here). I've done quite some custom scripting here and there to get things displayed the way I want. The problem is, I don't remember everything I did, and now I don't know what is default and what is mine. What's the best way to upgrade without losing everything?

Edit: Nevermind, foo_navigator was something else. I have the latest version (1.4.3). On to my "bug" report then: Using totaltracks=1 as a method of determining whether a track is single is not the best idea IMHO. There are albums that only have one track, e.g. Amarok by Mike Oldfield. Is there a way to disable this check?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #480
Using totaltracks=1 as a method of determining whether a track is single is not the best idea IMHO. There are albums that only have one track, e.g. Amarok by Mike Oldfield. Is there a way to disable this check?

Should be somewhere in the globals. Though, you will most probably not like the result - if a 1-track album gets treated like an album, then the display will look weird and the album-title will get cropped. This is because the layout is designed to asume that all albums have at least two tracks - it has no logic to display 1-track albums in a sensible way - therefore the treatment like singles.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #481
Though, you will most probably not like the result - if a 1-track album gets treated like an album, then the display will look weird and the album-title will get cropped. This is because the layout is designed to asume that all albums have at least two tracks - it has no logic to display 1-track albums in a sensible way - therefore the treatment like singles.

Found it. I still prefer it this way, with the Album Mode column not being empty.

Also, when single mode is activated in album (hybrid) mode, why isn't the artist displayed in the Title & Length column, as with various artist albums? As it is now, I can't see artists at all when the songs are singletracks.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #482
I wish somebody continued developing Navigator-Suite...

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #483

What features are you missing? It has a load of features, you can customise it till the end of the earth, and I've never encountered a bug with it.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #484

What features are you missing? It has a load of features, you can customise it till the end of the earth, and I've never encountered a bug with it.

Well, there were new features planned for v2.0, after all. Also, I hoped developing ColumnsUI schemes would encourage further development of ColumnsUI itself.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #485
I have no plans to continue development of Navigator myself. Others are free to pick up where i stopped. However, anyone who is a skilled and responsible programmer may want to ask himself if developing on the currently existing UIs makes sense, or if it maybe would make more sense, to create an entirely new UI. If you develop on official UI, CUI, SCPL or PUI, you may be placing bets on a dead horses.

As for myself, i'm currently involved in various projects, fb2k-related and non-fb2k-related - all of them aren't ready for public testing/consumption yet.

- Lyx

P.S.: The main features which were planned for Nav 2.0, relied on support from CUI - namely contentgroups. Those features weren't implemented and probably will never be implemented into CUI.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #486
I just downloaded navigator and I'm really impressed. My only issue is with playcount. I get nothing in TotalPlays and the LastPlayed always shows today (once the file has been played once). I'm using the official foo_playcount. I saw that someone else has had the TotalPlays issue and posted a code snippet, but I'm new to fb2k and CUI and I didn't quite understand what to do with the code. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Actually Age and Dailyplays don't work either, but I can live without those... thanks again.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #487
I still hope someone would pick this up. Now that PanelsUI has problems with the latest version of foobar2000, I'm going back to good 'ol CUI. And Navigator-Suite is still my favourite scheme. Too bad it isn't developed anymore. Maybe just a bit of cosmetic makeup for it to fit NG Playlist better, anyone?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #488
Maybe just a bit of cosmetic makeup for it to fit NG Playlist better, anyone?

Lots of changed fieldnames + adaption to NG-Playlist = complete rewrite.

Honestly, the only thing which nowadays can be "recycled" from Navigator, isn't the code, but the idea and intentions behind it. What you as a user "see" and how you use it, is what can be "ported".... but what happens behind the scenes is now quite obsolete.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #489
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, and if it has been answered already...and by the way very nice work all. 
I am using foobar 9.5.3 with Navigator.  I have figured out how to change some of the colors for a custom look.  How can I change the now-playing blink so that it blinks 'darker' instead of 'brighter'.

Thanks for any help. It is very much appreciated
RC

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #490
thanks lyx. I really like this a lot for columns ui.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #491
[quote name='Slotos' date='Jan 11 2007, 12:14' post='463403']
plum, problem is probably in system_d-2000. Try looking into it in the globals tab. Or try downloading my modification of Navigator. I've had somewhat similar problem in the begining. Though it was with older columns ui, so I'm not sure.

Hi, I just started to use foobar and would apreciate your help.. Is it possible to share that file again Uyou modification of navigator)? File date limit has expired, and I would really like to try it... Thanks in advance