Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Navigator-Suite Feedback (Read 355255 times) previous topic - next topic

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #125
@edm:
Some interesting ideas in this one. Especially having the format and replaygain in the same line saves quite some space with albums which only have a low amount of tracks. For my personal feeling, the discnumber should be right after the albumname. But with your mod, that may be difficult to do with the available space.

@empeethree:
Thanks for posting the color-scheme. That one should be interesting to people who find the medieval-theme not bright enough.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #126
Has anyone who uses WindowsXP (not 2k) noticed heavy performance impacts when playing files in albummode which have VERY long comments?

I'm trying to lockdown such a report but i cannot reproduce it on win2k - and all other culprits like DSPs and component-versions have already been excluded.

Any reports on this are appreciated.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #127
@Lyx
Some interesting ideas in this one. Especially having the format and replaygain in the same line saves quite some space with albums which only have a low amount of tracks. For my personal feeling, the discnumber should be right after the albumname. But with your mod, that may be difficult to do with the available space.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285151"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm agree with "discnumber after the albumname".. I already thinking how to resolv the problem with space.. Any sugestions?? 

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #128
Has anyone who uses WindowsXP (not 2k) noticed heavy performance impacts when playing files in albummode which have VERY long comments?

I'm trying to lockdown such a report but i cannot reproduce it on win2k - and all other culprits like DSPs and component-versions have already been excluded.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285269"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Problem found. It wasn't a Navigator-problem but instead the fault of the Trackinfo-Panel plugin.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #129
Code: [Select]
$puts(theme_dark,0)

// foreground colors
$puts(standard_color,$rgb(0,0,0))
$puts(special_color,$rgb(60,60,60))
$puts(playing_color,$rgb(240,240,240))
$puts(borders_color,$rgb(64,64,64))

// background colors
$puts(bg_color,$rgb(220,220,220))
$puts(bg_color2,$rgb(252,160,30))

// various symbols used in display
$puts(symbol_seperator,'  •  ')
$puts(symbol_rating,?)

Exposed Background Color: 130, 130, 130
Selected Item Frame: 64, 64, 64

I needed an orange and grey theme to fit in with my current wallpaper and visual style. This is the best I could come up with. Large continuous blocks of high saturation orange always tend to look rather bleh.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #130
can you add support for singles and albums in the same playlist?
when they are together there it's very confusing to now if the song is a single or a continue of the album above it.
thanx.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #131
when they are together there it's very confusing to now if the song is a single or a continue of the album above it.
thanx.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287335"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As far as i know, thats not possible without marking single-files with custom-tags or setting markers in the directory-names.

The design-philosophy of Navigator is to not expect anything and work reliable/robust without special tags(and to some extend without *any* tags). Navigator will not support or rely on the user tagging his/her files with custom-tags just so that the display of an audioplayer works correctly. Thats not what metadata is meant for IMHO and from a philosophical POV a quite insane reasoning.

I will also not make it an option, because even with the option disabled navigator would become slower(because of the additional code) for people who don't use this feature as well.

If there are ways to make hybrid-mode work without any additional tags or directory-naming then i will of course think about it, but i cannot imagine how that would be possible.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #132
If there are ways to make hybrid-mode work without any additional tags or directory-naming then i will of course think about it, but i cannot imagine how that would be possible.

I tried some different ui_column designs during the last days and most don't have a hybrid mode or use things like %singletrack% tags as an indicator. The designs I liked most I just modified to get a hybrid mode by using %replaygain_album_gain% as an indicator. With every other player I would say that this approach doesn't make much sense but with foobar2000 I think it does. Every file without album gain is a single file for me and it works just fine this way.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #133

I tried some different ui_column designs during the last days and most don't have a hybrid mode or use things like %singletrack% tags as an indicator. The designs I liked most I just modified to get a hybrid mode by using %replaygain_album_gain% as an indicator. With every other player I would say that this approach doesn't make much sense but with foobar2000 I think it does. Every file without album gain is a single file for me and it works just fine this way.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287349"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have used %__replaygain_album_gain% as a single mode indicator for ages now and would recommend using it. If that isn't an option, then perhaps a %__singletrack% added with foo_quicktag_sql would work?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #134
Thanks for the albumgain-indicator idea - thats a simple yet efficient and safe way to do it. I am not sure yet if i should additionally check if trackgain does exist (so that files without rg-data will still be displayed as albums). A pro for also checking trackgain is that that way for people who dont use rg at all Navigator will continue to act as expected.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #135
Planned features for next version:

( X = not yet implemented )
X Albummode: optional support for single tracks added(Hybrid-mode) (thanks The Link & anza)
- Albummode: fileformat and albumgain is now displayed in the same row (thanks edm107)
- Genre/Styles column in Singlemode added
X Metadata-Matrix is now configurable and can be tailored to your needs
X lossless files now display compression-ratio instead of bitrate (thanks miscellanea)
- Tracknumber-guessing: searching for (##) and -##- has been dropped to free resources for the above new features. This means that tracknumber-guessing now only searches at the beginning of filenames and for "- ## -" somewhere in the filename.
- Support for OSTs dropped again for the same reasons. If you are one of the rare people who want this feature, then please readd it manually from an ealier version of Navigator(the code is in the global-string in the VA-detection)
- added display of elapsed-time in the playlist for the currently played track
- Albummode: inverted foreground-colors of metadata-rows
- some minor tweaks to the "Midnight"-colorscheme
- new colorscheme added: "APC" by empeethree
- new colorscheme added: "AstreaEdge" by AstreaEdge

Will probably be done someday next week(no guarantees). If there's something important missing or if you want to have a colorscheme included which isn't mentioned above, then post it now.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #136
If there's something important missing or if you want to have a colorscheme included which isn't mentioned above, then post it now.

Could you include the capability to display volume info
eg:
Album Name - Vol.2 CD1 ...
I just changed all occurances of the following code:

[ - CD%disc%]

to

[ -[ Vol.%volume%][ CD%disc%]]

Also would it be possible to not do the Various Artist guessing (from file path) if enable guessing is disabled.
Anish

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #137
Could you include the capability to display volume info

IMHO volume-info should be intered into the ALBUM-field, but if there are enough people who use it then i'll do it(so if you want this feature, then post it).

Also would it be possible to not do the Various Artist guessing (from file path) if enable guessing is disabled.

Yep, will be included in next version.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #138
thanx.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287335"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As far as i know, thats not possible without marking single-files with custom-tags or setting markers in the directory-names.

The design-philosophy of Navigator is to not expect anything and work reliable/robust without special tags(and to some extend without *any* tags). Navigator will not support or rely on the user tagging his/her files with custom-tags just so that the display of an audioplayer works correctly. Thats not what metadata is meant for IMHO and from a philosophical POV a quite insane reasoning.

I will also not make it an option, because even with the option disabled navigator would become slower(because of the additional code) for people who don't use this feature as well.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287343"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hey,
i didnt write it in the message, but i meant that it will have special tag, as singletrack=1.
i understand that you wont make it an option because of the slowness of the code, but can you add a special version of it?
(am i the only one who use this singletrack tag?  )

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #139
i didnt write it in the message, but i meant that it will have special tag, as singletrack=1.
i understand that you wont make it an option because of the slowness of the code, but can you add a special version of it?
(am i the only one who use this singletrack tag?  :unsure: )
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287671"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nope. I will only implement detection via the albumgain-field(and others methods if they don't require custom-tags/naming). That means that if a track is trackgained but not albumgained, then it will be treated as single file.

It doesn't really matter how many people want the custom-tag variant of hybridmode - it's not in the scope of navigator to support layout-features which require custom tags. Of course anyone can freely customize the code themselves if they really want it. But i will not support such features in official releases.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #140
thanx anyway 

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #141
i'm a bit confused about the VA guessing. does it only guess VA from filenames or also from tags? i tried several combinations with tags but it never worked out. i could need a little hint on that

ronny

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #142
i'm a bit confused about the VA guessing. does it only guess VA from filenames or also from tags? i tried several combinations with tags but it never worked out. i could need a little hint on that ;)

ronny
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You've been really lucky then. The guessing covers almost all popular methods to mark v.a. albums..... from having v.a. or /va- in the filepath, to checking the va, various and album artist tag. However, it only works in albummode, because in singlemode it would be quite useless.

The "official" standard to mark VA-Albums is via the "album artist"-tag:
[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=31530]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=31530[/url]

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #143
i'm a bit confused about the VA guessing. does it only guess VA from filenames or also from tags? i tried several combinations with tags but it never worked out. i could need a little hint on that

ronny
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You've been really lucky then. The guessing covers almost all popular methods to mark v.a. albums..... from having v.a. or /va- in the filepath, to checking the va, various and album artist tag. However, it only works in albummode, because in singlemode it would be quite useless.

The "official" standard to mark VA-Albums is via the "album artist"-tag:
[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=31530]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=31530[/url]

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289115"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thank you for the fast reply and the link, lyx. anyway, i can't force the albummode since the playlist is generated by foo_pod, so marking it with -a won't do it. nevertheless i'm pretty sure i installed the album.fcs. mhhh... strange. it simply doesn't want to work.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #144
i can't force the albummode since the playlist is generated by foo_pod, so marking it with -a won't do it. nevertheless i'm pretty sure i installed the album.fcs. mhhh... strange. it simply doesn't want to work.

am i missing something here? you can just tell foo_pod to create a playlist called "iPod (foo_pod) -a-" for instance, and you can tell it to automatically sort the generated playlist using tagz: "%ARTIST% - %ALBUM% - $num(%TRACKNUMBER%,3) - %TITLE%" for instance.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #145
major update - changelog as usual is in the first post. Backup your custom color-schemes and modifications before updating.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #146
A one-time "minimal" variant of 1.2.0 was released, optmized for faster playlist-scrolling. There will be no support, no bugfixes, maybe not even updates for this variant.

You can get Navigator 1.2.0 "minimal" here:
http://foobar.nub4life.net/columns/pafiled...ion=file&id=126

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #147
major update - changelog as usual is in the first post. Backup your custom color-schemes and modifications before updating.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289618"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but with single mode in album mode, if a single song has a track no. tag of 1, then the top border will still show.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #148
Not sure about the normal Navigator Suite, but I found a bug with the "minimal" variant's tag-matrix. If a file has a genre tag but no comment tag, the matrix will still highlight the comment indicator.
</signature>

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #149
Hi!

I'm enjoying the new hybrid mode and have one question in this regard: Wouldn't it make sense that for single tracks the tracknumber (if in tags) would get discarded (not displayed)? That's the only issue for me atm. Otherwise, nice job!

Regards,
The Link