IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Media Library: NEVER remove dead entries, How to keep deleted files in media library
baloneyboy
post Mar 11 2015, 08:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 118852

Instead of using a program like Collectorz Music Collector, I want to keep a portable copy of foobar2000 and only use it as a big music database. I store all my music files on bluray discs (I delete them from my hard-drive right after burning) and want a quick way of knowing on which disc a certain album is located. To do this I add a "Location" tag in every music file. This tag contains the disc label name where that that certain album is located (ex. Lossless Vol. 576). This location tag can then be added in foobar Media library (I use Facets) and is searchable.

The problem is: Everytime I want to scan a new disc into the library, all the contents of the previous disc disappears since the location is the same. How can i make the media library to NEVER remove dead entries. I know I could add a new folder to scan everytime before burning, but after a while I would end up with hundreds of dead folders. That is not a good solution. If I use the same folder, the previous burned content would be removed.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
Here's a screenshot of foobar to better explain my idea.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th July 2015 - 04:59