Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Split from 1.01j encoder vs 1.15u - controversy (Read 22586 times) previous topic - next topic

Split from 1.01j encoder vs 1.15u - controversy

Reply #25
Guru, take serious consideration to being one hell of a lot less argumentative and confrontational - I was only trying to summarize in such a way that both parties can meet an argumentative compromise

Seed does need to take the critisism though.

What codec should I use? AAC? Ogg?
hi

Reply #26
Guru, take serious consideration to being one hell of a lot less argumentative and confrontational - I was only trying to summarize in such a way that both parties can meet an argumentative compromise

OK, fine. But could you explain your summary. You said that my attitude wasn't creative enough. I repeat: I don't understand. I made a test, which was intended to be the first step to further investigation. What did I miss according to you?

P.S. It's not a cynical reply: I really don't understand what you tried to say previously.

Reply #27
You said that my attitude wasn't creative enough.

You are probably missing some flowers and a little bit more of blue color. This would have been more creative...

Reply #28

I see. For the next test, what is better: writing the report in alexandrine or in haiku style?

Reply #29
Guru I didn't mean to imply that Seed was justified, just that he responded agressively when he interpreted your listening test as an attack on his "baby". At least that's my impression. He's totally wrong in doing so of course, and I hope your (highly enlightening) listening tests continue, since I read each and every one of them avidly.

Reply #30
I say many thanks to Guruboolez' continued efforts, great publishing work !
And subscribe the old answers of Roberto and Guru to the aggressive posts of Seed.
But I don't wanna heat the discussion up again, it is really time to cool down (yeah, maybe it is the weather, very hot days recently in germany and Europe). Of course it is difficult to to view his own work from a distance, but necessary in technical questions, as especially the work on the best lossy encoder of the world will never be finished... (regard the different profiles, bitrates, from "really transparency" to 99.999% population of critical ears at higher bitrates down to "transparency for 95% of the population", down to best compromises for low bitrates for portable devices, where bitrate counts.
So, we see here, that the work on an encoder is hard work, and needs to be apprecited a lot, so many thanks to all previous developers and the current dev.-team, especially Seed.

Reply #31

I see. For the next test, what is better: writing the report in alexandrine or in haiku style?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=307264"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Blind alexandrine?