Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How can I mass-convert FLAC+cue images to mp3 individual tracks? (Read 25212 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I mass-convert FLAC+cue images to mp3 individual tracks?

I have thousands of albums in FLAC+cue (single image) format on an external drive.

I'd like to convert all those to separate mp3 tracks on another drive with the same directory structure.

For example:

g:\The Beatles - Abbey Road\abbey road.cue (abbey road.flac is there too)

convert that to:

h:\The Beatles - Abbey Road\01 Come Together.mp3
h:\The Beatles - Abbey Road\02 Something.mp3

Doing this one album at a time would be excruciating.  I'm looking for a batch solution (or a command line program or script) that I can let run unattended for as long as necessary.

I don't think Foobar2K can do this.  Maybe CueTools can, I'm a novice with that program.

I'm using Windows XP Pro or Windows 7.

Thanks!

Reply #1
I don't think Foobar2K can do this.

Yes, foobar2000 can do this. Why did you think it couldn’t?

Load cuesheets; use Converter with LAME and your chosen formatting pattern for the destination filenames.

Maybe CueTools can, I'm a novice with that program.
Probably, but it sounds like you’re already more familiar with foobar2000.

Reply #2
I know F2K can create new subdirectories during conversion based on artist name, album name, etc from the cue sheet but is there a way to have it use a matching subdirectory on another drive?  (the identical path name, just a different drive letter)

Unfortunately, my cue sheets aren't as consistent as I'd like.

I was able to come up with a simple dos batch file that *almost* worked.  It was only able to convert the entire .flac image to one .mp3 image.  I couldn't figure out the splitting part:

FOR /R %%I IN (*.flac) DO flac -d -c "%%I" | lame -V 5 --vbr-new - "F:%%~pI%%~nI.mp3"

Reply #3
$substr(%path%,4,255)
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #4
Still looking for answer or you did the job?
Listening to music is the best pastime.

Reply #5
Still looking for an answer....

Reply #7
The ONLY one that keeps the exact path of the original files with folders and everything is Easy CD-DA Extractor. I personally don't like software that doesn't let you change/upgrade/100% manually configure the codec, also I have no idea if Easy CD-DA Extractor works with CUE files, I'm sure it does, you have to try it.

Good alternatives: foobar2000 does the job perfectly, just play with the variables and CueTools is perfect as well.

Reply #8

my skype is Venysv, or send me mail, ill explain you in real time
Listening to music is the best pastime.

Reply #9

If you're up to installing lame, perl and metaflac on your machine, then I have a perl script which takes flacs with an embedded cue sheet and spits out mp3 files in appropriately named directories.

It was written for my own personal use though, so it's a bit rough around the edges. I'll stick it up on github if anyone wants to take a look at it.

Reply #10
uhm ... I use foobar2000's converter

just drag your cuesheets into a new playlist
right click that playlist -> contents -> convert
adjust your encoder settings
set "Destination" to the parent folder that contains the "artist - album" folders, so in your case h:\
enable "Generate multi-track files" using this pattern: %artist% - %album%\%track% %title%
save as preset for later use and let it run

Reply #11
Thanks for the suggestions on Foobar2K everyone.  After messing around with it some more and using your suggestions, I think I have the solution:

In the Converter Setup/Destination window use the Output Path/Specify Folder option and change it to "G:\Jazz"  (i.e. the parent directory)

In the "Output Style and file name formatting" section, use the option: Convert each track to an individual file.

Specify the name format: %directoryname%/%tracknumber% - %title%

The part I had been missing was the %directoryname% parameter.  My own fault for not R-ing TFM.

Reply #12
Glad to know Easy CD-DA Extractor isn't the only one after all  I've setup my foobar2000 in a perfect way for my use and hopefully I will never need to change it again.