Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Stream system audio from soundcard to foobar
badhomaks
post Jan 1 2014, 20:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 113704

I'm trying to stream all of my audio through foobar because I have a bunch of tweaks which make the sound better for me. Is there an easy way to do this? I have foo_record and have a stereo mix option in record settings which works (tried through audacity) so I'm just looking for a way to stream audio through foobar whenever I'm listening to songs on youtube. I have searched high and low but there isn't any solid information as far as I saw.

(before you say anything, I don't see much of a difference between youtube and other things because 1. it's just background music most of the time 2. once I start seeing differences I'm gonna be screwed with all of my low quality mp3's so I don't want that thank you very much [kinda like I'm a graphics whore in games and now I have a hard time playing subpar graphic games. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.])

This post has been edited by badhomaks: Jan 1 2014, 20:06
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mire777
post Jan 1 2014, 21:51
Post #2

Member No.: 100550

QUOTE (badhomaks @ Jan 1 2014, 21:03) *
I'm trying to stream all of my audio through foobar because I have a bunch of tweaks which make the sound better for me. Is there an easy way to do this? I have foo_record and have a stereo mix option in record settings which works (tried through audacity) so I'm just looking for a way to stream audio through foobar whenever I'm listening to songs on youtube. I have searched high and low but there isn't any solid information as far as I saw.

(before you say anything, I don't see much of a difference between youtube and other things because 1. it's just background music most of the time 2. once I start seeing differences I'm gonna be screwed with all of my low quality mp3's so I don't want that thank you very much [kinda like I'm a graphics whore in games and now I have a hard time playing subpar graphic games. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.])

If you use windows: http://dangerousprototypes.com/2013/05/04/...le-alternative/
Install this, and set ''VB-audio virtual cable'' to be your default output and input devices. In foobar output select your output sound card..
In add location type: record://.
Click play.. All sound should go trough foobar..

This is what i was found when i wanted to integrate youtube into foobar. Problem is sound, and this is solution. For now, none is interested for this plugin.
I wish there was more interest for this...

This post has been edited by mire777: Jan 1 2014, 21:57
+Quote Post
badhomaks
post Jan 1 2014, 23:14
Post #3

Member No.: 113704

It works but there is a few second delay between the sound and the video. I suppose I should have seen that coming but I can't watch any videos with people talking on them as it's just plain weird. Thanks anyway, now I at least know how to stream through foobar if I'm having a music marathon or listening to the radio.
+Quote Post
mire777
post Jan 1 2014, 23:28
Post #4

Member No.: 100550

QUOTE (badhomaks @ Jan 2 2014, 00:14) *
It works but there is a few second delay between the sound and the video. I suppose I should have seen that coming but I can't watch any videos with people talking on them as it's just plain weird. Thanks anyway, now I at least know how to stream through foobar if I'm having a music marathon or listening to the radio.

you can use asio to set latency delay, don't now how because i never use it, but this will solve your problem..
+Quote Post
Juha
post Nov 30 2014, 20:51
Post #5

Member No.: 40610

Old thread...

Just FYI, there's software called ReClock (from SlySoft) which might be helpful in some synchronization cases ...

This post has been edited by Juha: Nov 30 2014, 20:54
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 12:55