Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: export/import tags into eac (Read 3132 times) previous topic - next topic

export/import tags into eac

I've got some stuff in mp3 which I'm about to re rip from CD's to flac, the tags on the mp3s are fine and I don't want them to get messed up with the freedb downloaded ones cos it took me ages to correct them the first time around.

I noticed in EAC theres an import tags option but I've never had any sucess with it. Is there a way I can use something like mp3tag to export my old mp3 tags to files then use eac to import them before I rip the CD? If so how do I go about it?

I've done a search but can't seem to find anyone asking similar, hope this is the right forum

Thanks!

Reply #1
I've got some stuff in mp3 which I'm about to re rip from CD's to flac
Hold up.  Are these data CDs with mp3 files, or are they audio CDs where the mp3s have been decompressed back to PCM format prior to burning?

I noticed in EAC theres an import tags option but I've never had any sucess with it.
I am not familiar with such a function.  Can you tell me where it is located within EAC?

hope this is the right forum
It isn't, but once we figure out exactly what are on these CD-Rs of yours, maybe we can get this rectified.

Reply #2
They're not CDR's with data/mp3's on they're original CD's with audio on them  but I also already have mp3 versions of the CD's with perfect tags which I want to use when making the new flac's.

The thing I thought would work is in Tools> Rename from id3 tags (I presumed that would let me use some previous files to rename the current CD before I start the rip). Or I noticed some things in the database menu I thought might work? Just kinda stabbing in the dark here though.