Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CDRDAO (Read 2879 times) previous topic - next topic

CDRDAO

I am using cdrdao 1.1.7 through bao, and when i burn some music tracks without cd-text to a disc with the generic-mmc-raw driver, then cdrdao reports : Using 16 byte p-q subchannel data mode. The thing that puzzles me is that the cdrdao changelog for version 1.1.6 states that only r-w subs are supported currently for both reading and writing (and there hasent been any change to the subchannel handling mode in later versions of cdrdao). Also when i burn music tracks with cd-text then cdrdao reports : Using 96 byte raw p-w subchannel data mode. To me, that indicates that the p-q subs are supported ? The options for reading the subchannels from a disc is : r-w (packed) or r-w (raw). Can someone that has knowledge of the inner workings of cdrdao please enlighten me of which subchannel modes that cdrdao supports for reading and writing...-Here is the changelog for cdrdao 1.1.6 :

#  Added sub-channel writing for the 'generic-mmc' and 'generic-mmc-raw' driver. Currently only the R-W sub-channels can be written. The track image files may contain packed or raw R-W sub-channel data. For packed sub-channel data the L-EC data will be calculated and interleaving will be performed if required by the recording hardware.
# Added sub-channel reading support for the generic-mmc(-raw) driver. Currently packed and raw R-W sub-channel reading is supported (option -read-subchan).

Thanks in advance. -Martin.