IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Closed TopicStart new topic
[TOS #8] the problem of sound
germanjulian
post Dec 5 2003, 21:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8746

2 and a half years ago i thought a mp3 at 128kbps is near cd quality. downloading...... ripping... 1 year later i changed to 192Kbps trying to rip in better quality and if I downloaded something i tried to get the high bitrates. i also started to listen to music and perceive it better. hearing music not just listening to music

now I have mpc. i never listen to my mp3 again. they all sound rubbish mad.gif

I need some money to buy a lot of cd's smile.gif any donitions would be appriciated smile.gif

but on a serious note now

mpc is so much better then mp3 its disgusting, even mp3 at preset standart or extreme dont sound good no more. i hear errors and bitrate changes in many of my mp3's sad.gif

Dissclaimer:
I dont have much money being a student and sometimes I had to download some tunres here and there, which is obviouly wrong and I shall never do again. there are better ways to get music. rolleyes.gif spending money
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DAvenger
post Dec 5 2003, 21:36
Post #2

Member No.: 6640

And the point is?

--------------------
Reklama na internete - http://www.consultone.sk
+Quote Post
Peter
post Dec 5 2003, 21:43
Post #3

foobar2000 developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 84

QUOTE (germanjulian @ Dec 5 2003, 11:26 PM)
now I have mpc. i never listen to my mp3 again. they all sound rubbish  mad.gif

(...)

mpc is so much better then mp3 its disgusting, even mp3 at preset standart or extreme dont sound good no more. i hear errors and bitrate changes in many of my mp3's  sad.gif

Rule #8 violation.
QUOTE (Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service)
8. Statements on technical or quality oriented matters are expected to be supported by the author responsible for such statements.

If you, as a user, make a claim about the quality or general ability of an encoder/decoder/etc to perform in a given situation which happens to be contrary to pre-existing data, but then fail to provide proof to support your claims, you are likely to be receive harsh responses to your posts. The Hydrogenaudio staff might not take action against users that post these harsh responses.

Explanation: By not providing proof of your claims, you are not only wasting your time, but the time of everyone else participating in the forums here. This is especially true for the authors of such codecs, who are then forced to wade through possibly false claims before they can actually work on addressing a valid issue. In the case of pointing out a quality problem with a given codec, the proper course of action would be to provide either a test sample, ABX testing results, or ideally both. Please be aware of this matter, the Hydrogenaudio community does not take it lightly.

Please get serious and stop posting garbage, or you will be banned.
+Quote Post
rjamorim
post Dec 5 2003, 22:12
Post #4

Rarewares admin

Member No.: 81

QUOTE (germanjulian @ Dec 5 2003, 06:26 PM)
bitrate changes in many of my mp3's  sad.gif

Man, that is severe!

I suggest reboot-reinstall.

--------------------
Get up-to-date binaries of Lame, AAC, Vorbis and much more at RareWares:
http://www.rarewares.org
+Quote Post
NeoRenegade
post Dec 5 2003, 22:59
Post #5

Member No.: 563

QUOTE (germanjulian @ Dec 5 2003, 03:26 PM)
i hear errors and bitrate changes in many of my mp3's  sad.gif

Bull.
+Quote Post
Pio2001
post Dec 5 2003, 23:29
Post #6

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 73

OK, zZzZzZz told it, there is no need to repeat it.
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 07:26