Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets—How to use multi-value fields? Want song to show in each artist (Read 2528 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets—How to use multi-value fields? Want song to show in each artist

Bit confused about tags in my mp3's, i have mainly 2 questions

1.) How to convert the existing mp3 tags id3v2.4|id3v1 as shown when i check properties to latest id3v2 tags?

2.) What separator should i use so that i get the same track for each artists included in the track?

I tried using the " / " but it changes to ; and isn't working as expected, i must be doing something wrong.

Edit: I realized that actually the " / " is working using standard album list but not with facets

I request to move this topic to 3rd party plugin if possible.

Reply #1
1.) How to convert the existing mp3 tags id3v2.4|id3v1 as shown when i check properties to latest id3v2 tags?

What do you mean by “latest id3v2 tags”? Numerically and chronologically, ID3v2.4 is the latest version.

Anyway, to change tags, select one or more MP3 file(s), right-click, and select “MP3 tag types”. You may need to hold Shift while right-clicking or to add the option in Preferences.

2.) What separator should i use so that i get the same track for each artists included in the track?
foobar2000 always requires input of, and displays, a semicolon as the separator in multi-value fields; but this is translated to whichever means the format in question uses to demarcate individual values. ID3v2.3 internally uses a forward-slash, whereas v2.4 uses a NUL character (ASCII/UTF/whatever #0).

I tried using the " / " but it changes to ; and isn't working as expected, i must be doing something wrong.
No, this is fine; it’s just foobar2000 taking care of things behind-the-scenes as noted above.

Edit: I realized that actually the " / " is working using standard album list but not with facets

I request to move this topic to 3rd party plugin if possible.
Done and renamed.

Reply #2
Thanky you very much db1989 for the edit, you made it very clear. BTW Is their any way so that the facets could also interpret the separators in the tag ?

Reply #3
The simplest way is:

%<artist>%

But there are other options. Read here.