Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not My Release] EsPlaylist (Read 332192 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not My Release] EsPlaylist

Reply #525
You are welcome.
By the way, the context menu can get quite busy so not all options are always visible. Same with the main menu. Shift right click [context menu], shift left click [main menu] will oftentimes show more options.

Reply #526
Ahh, i never knew that.  That should come in handy.  Thanks

Reply #527
Is there way to change the way it displays track titles? Currently it just shows %title%. I only found a way to change the way it displays album titles from the preferences.

Reply #528
i have many song or album have Multiple Artist
and i tag artist tag use foobar' Multiple var
like  artistname1;artistname1;artistname3

if i use %album artist% only can show have album' artist
if use %artist% will show  "artistname1;artistname1;artistname3" name 1 group = =

so...
i can only group use %<artist>% or %<album artist>%  (not %artist%  or %album artist% This is not the same)

now
i can see all  artistname1  artistname1 artistname3 on Different groups is ok

But a problem now

"Can not show artist image"    .........

in display / artist
i try setting this

E:\artist\%artist%.*  but only can show on this artist have album or only 1 artist.... 

so i try setting this

E:\artist\%<artist>%.*

but not work.........

How can successful artists picture it?

Reply #529
if i understood you correctly you separated the 3 artists in separate groups and want to display artist.jpg for each of the groups? ... try $meta(artist,0)

Edit: ofc i mean E:\artist\$meta(artist,0).jpg  ... to use your example

Reply #530

50% is OK ^^...

all can show first artist photo on all

but artist2 ,3,.... not worK

$meta(artist,0)  is a array Selected ?
i try $meta(artist,1) all show  artist2 photo

so ... i need a for() function to show artists2 ,3, 4, 5.... ? 

but foobar not have for()...
or have but i don't know?

if i understood you correctly you separated the 3 artists in separate groups and want to display artist.jpg for each of the groups? ... try $meta(artist,0)

Edit: ofc i mean E:\artist\$meta(artist,0).jpg  ... to use your example

Reply #531

use
$if($and($meta(artist,2),%artist%),E:\artist\$meta(artist,2).*,)
$if($and($meta(artist,1),%artist%),E:\artist\$meta(artist,1).*,)
$if($and($meta(artist,0),%artist%),E:\artist\$meta(artist,0).*,)
not work too

i think %artist% can be check $meta(artist,2)
$meta(artist,2) == %artist%
but not

if artist  tag  is  Amy; Kelly; john
$meta(artist,1) => Kelly
$meta(artist,2) => john

and now is show Kelly's Group = meta(artist,1)

So it should be

$if($and($meta(artist,2),%artist%),E:\artist\$meta(artist,2).*,)  john != kelly
$if($and($meta(artist,1),%artist%),E:\artist\$meta(artist,1).*,) kelly  == kelly

but  show  john.jpg    not kelly.jpg 

Reply #532
sry ... i don't understand your post. I read it 3 times now ... still no luck 

here is the official explanation for $meta-commands. Give it a go please

hth ... eini

Reply #533
you can

get any 1 music file
and type
Amy; Kelly; john
in this file "artist" tag

file --> preferencns --> DISPLAY --> ALBUM ART ->ARTIST
type

$if($and($meta(artist,0),%artist%),E:\artist\$meta(artist,0).*,)

make 3 photo name
Amy.jpg
Kelly.jpg
john.jpg

in ESplayplist make a GROUP
GROUP by %<artist>%  (not %artist%)

now,
you can see 1file , 3 artist GROUP on esplaylist
but only show 1 photo

Reply #534
Just going around... qawzs, I suppose your problems rise out of using nested $if syntax.
$if(A,B,$if(C,D...)) means that program performs next $if only if it didn't succeed in finding image with current pattern. When it finds the image, the $if is terminated and foobar doesn't search for other artists.

Solution - instead of nesting $if(A,B,$if(C,D...)), use simple chain
Code: [Select]
$if(A,B,C)
$if(D,E,F)

and everything should be fine

btw is does .* actually work?? Is it a specialty of ESPlaylist or ColumnsUI?

Reply #535
Asterisk does work in the art tab as shown in the screenshot.

Reply #536
THX ^^ but not work= =...

foobar title format function have this?

if (x=abc){then,else}

i need try "x=abc" to check artist name

Just going around... qawzs, I suppose your problems rise out of using nested $if syntax.
$if(A,B,$if(C,D...)) means that program performs next $if only if it didn't succeed in finding image with current pattern. When it finds the image, the $if is terminated and foobar doesn't search for other artists.

Solution - instead of nesting $if(A,B,$if(C,D...)), use simple chain
Code: [Select]
$if(A,B,C)
$if(D,E,F)

and everything should be fine

btw is does .* actually work?? Is it a specialty of ESPlaylist or ColumnsUI?

Reply #537
Foobar does have that if-function exactly like you say, but as Tigermess pointed out, it will terminate to search for more files when artist a is found. So the if function the way you write it, will not give you the desired results (artist b and c will not show up).

Reply #538
yes, i try long time and i think so...

but i try any way... not a way can show all .....

and i see  Foobar2000:Title Formatting Reference

$ifequal(n1,n2,then,else)
Compares the integer numbers n1 and n2, if n1 is equal to n2, the then part is evaluated and its value returned. Otherwise the else part is evaluated and its value returned.

$ifgreater(n1,n2,then,else)
Compares the integer numbers n1 and n2, if n1 is greater than n2, the then part is evaluated and its value returned. Otherwise the else part is evaluated and its value returned.

$iflonger(s1,s2,then,else)
Compares the length of the strings s1 and s2, if s1 is longer than s2, the then part is evaluated and its value returned. Otherwise the else part is evaluated and its value returned.

not see a function can check  x=abc (x is Variable ; abc is string)

if i want to check a strings , how can?

Foobar does have that if-function exactly like you say, but as Tigermess pointed out, it will terminate to search for more files when artist a is found. So the if function the way you write it, will not give you the desired results (artist b and c will not show up).

Reply #539
Maybe combining $if with $and could work, look here for reference: TF help.

Reply #540

i have try $and()

but $and($mate(artist,2),%artist%)  = $and(true,true)

so Always return true

i find $stricmp() can check this
so use this

$if($stricmp(%artist%,$meta(artist,2)),$meta(artist,2),false)
$if($stricmp(%artist%,$meta(artist,1)),$meta(artist,1),false)

but not work ...
Always return false
$stricmp(a,a) ==> true
$stricmp(%artist%,$meta(artist,2) ==> false

Maybe combining $if with $and could work, look here for reference: TF help.

Reply #541
$strcmp(s1,s2)
Performs a case-sensitive comparison of the strings s1 and s2.

$stricmp(s1,s2)
Performs a case-insensitive comparison of the strings s1 and s2.

These should work

Edit: too late

I suggest you check each element of your code to see what is being returned to debug it, e.g %artist% and $meta(artist,2)

Reply #542
Hello, ive gotten this plugin recently and already made allot of twicks to it, i wanna save the complete configuration i have done since i need to remove it and put it twice under two tabs(one would be for active playlist following while the other tab will be for library browsing).
So how exactly do i save the configuration for EsPlaylist?

A side question, whats the "library selection" playlist is for?

Reply #543
In your user profile (W7) or under documents & settings/username (wxp) there is a folder called application data or similar (dont have an english OS here), there you'll find a folder foobar. There is one folder with all cfg files from all plugins.
In addition to that, you might want to look at foo jesus, which is an automatic backup addon.

The library mode is for browsing your library independently from playlists and playback. Never use it, but thats how I understood it.

Reply #544
Under the Rating column column options there is an "Enable rating editing" option, i tried to use it but to no avail, any help on that?

Reply #545
Under the Rating column column options there is an "Enable rating editing" option, i tried to use it but to no avail, any help on that?

Enabling says you can rate by doubleclicking at the stars.

Reply #546

Actually the only way it works for me is to disable "Rating editing" and enable the global inline tag editing(any other variation wont let me to edit the rating), weird. and thanks.

Reply #547

Actually the only way it works for me is to disable "Rating editing" and enable the global inline tag editing(any other variation wont let me to edit the rating), weird. and thanks.

Maybe you need another adjustment:

Install Quick Tagger and add it to Keyboard Shortcuts.  Use such as Ctrl 1 for Tagging /  Quick Tagger / Set <Rating> to/1
In Preferences > EsPlaylist > Behaviour you should put "Rating Editing" commands then.
For example: Star: 1  Command: Quick Tagger / Set <Rating> to/1

Hope that helps.

Reply #548

Maybe you need another adjustment:

Install Quick Tagger and add it to Keyboard Shortcuts.  Use such as Ctrl 1 for Tagging /  Quick Tagger / Set <Rating> to/1
In Preferences > EsPlaylist > Behaviour you should put "Rating Editing" commands then.
For example: Star: 1  Command: Quick Tagger / Set <Rating> to/1

Hope that helps.

Thanks allot that exactly what i needed. One more thing though, each time i try to change a rating using this method he pops a pop up asking me if im sure, can i get rid of that and make him do it without asking?

Reply #549
That could be the restriction in editing files from Quicktagger - go to:
Preferences ->  Tagging -> Quicktagger
There is an option how many track editings require a confirmation.

The preferences are sorted alphabetically and though it might be intimidating or confusing at first, most things can be changed there (also, take a look at the Advanced page: lots of "hidden" settings there too!
Another good starting point to search for info on the diverse components in foobar is here. You can click on most components which leads you to the respective documentation.

Hth