Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tags pasting misbehaviour :(( (Read 1669 times) previous topic - next topic

Tags pasting misbehaviour :((

HI!!

In new foobar version tag clipboard is handled differently. If I copy one tag value and paste it to another tag the value is preceeded by former tag name

I.e. I get pasted value ARTIST : David Bowie instead just David Bowie. This is annoying. Please fix it, fb should recognize the prefixed value isn't expected to be in property value.

Reply #1
And Tools > Paste fields doesnot work either

Reply #2
Right before you paste, what have you highlighted or clicked on, as the location to paste into? If you only click once on the field name, so that the whole row (name+value) is highlighted, then your should only include the value. But if you click on the value, or double-click on the name, the paste will include the name. At least, that's how it has been for ages. Are you saying this is no longer the case?

Reply #3
It's not same. Try it self

open props for any album
select multiple tags
  for ex. artist + title + album
right click and Copy (or Ctrl+C)

close props dialog

open props again

try to paste copied tags back - not avaiable

Copy/paste single field got broken too:
open props for one track
select any filled tag, right click Copy (Ctrl+C)
select different tag
reselect previous tag, right click Paste (Ctrl+V).
Pasted value contains tag name

Doing this more times in row you get the value like Track Title : Track Title : Track Title : Track Title : New Arrangement

From this is clear that Copy and Paste are no more consistent

Reply #4
Peter please review this issue
Clipboard handling sucks in latest beta

Reply #5
Pasting multiple key/value pairs always requires the Paste Fields option.

I've also found that if you copy one or more fields by selecting them from the field name column, then pressing ctrl+C, or right clicking and selecting Copy, then if you right click on the name of an existing field and select Paste, it will always paste the value of the first field you copied. It will not, however, paste the field name itself, unless you are pasting directly into the value edit box.

Reply #6
No there's some problem with sure
I tried to reproduce Ur scheme
It works properly sometimes
Sometimes not

I open props for whole album (10 trackz)

Right click on Artist Name, select Copy
Right click on Album Artist, select Paste (not Paste fields)
What I get is this

Second attempt
I close dialog, right click on selected trackz and open Properties, repeat same steps in same order (Artist Copy -> Album Artist Paste)
This time I get this

I can't determine when the plain Paste includes tag name and when not (the latter should be how the command behaves)

Reply #7
If you place cursor in "Value" column (same effect as F2 on chosen field) and perform paste command (by rightclick or Ctrl+V), then you will have your misbehavior. But when you place cursor on "Name" column, then everything is fine. It always worked like that.

Just a quick edit:
I haven't noted any change to Properties dialog since... OMG, since I don't know when, maybe it just always worked like that?

Reply #9
Did U reproduce the prolem Peter?

Reply #10
i believe the copy/paste of entire fields is meant for copying from one set of tracks to another where the source and destination tag names are the same.

if the tags contain a single value, you could just click in the editable text bit and copy just the text and do a simple paste.

if the values are all different then you should right click the desired destination tag>format from other fields and enter the source tag name as the pattern.

Reply #11
Anakunda - in my opinion you should revise your installation. I think wehn you updated something went wrong during installation process. You should just save your config and perform clean install. I do loads of tags operations - especially moving one field values to another, on multiple tracks (this is what foobar is intended for - isn't it?), splitting them or merging. I waste much time on polishing my tags and literally never had problems caused by foobar. It was only me making mistakes when something went wrong. So if you are sure that you are making all good and foobar works incorrectly - then perform clean install.
One time I had to restore last backup from foo_jesus because indeed foobar started working incorrectly (but I don't remember what exactly was wrong) and Core.cfg was the problem. So if use foo_jesus you could also try restoring some older settings with Core.cfg

Reply #12
Strange

Removing all plugin files in foobar2000\Plugins (left only stanard dll) - problem persists
Deleting %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\configuration - problem persists

Reply #13
Please reinstall (uninstall, reboot - even if you are not asked for this, clear temp dir manually: C:\Users\ your user name \AppData\Local\Temp, then run installer again). I think as this is part of main functionality of Core, there may be a problem with one of standard .dlls.