Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HOW TO: synchronise your last.fm playback stats with foobar (Read 384069 times) previous topic - next topic

HOW TO: synchronise your last.fm playback stats with foobar

Reply #1100
before i reply, can you tell me what you are capable of creating at the moment - without any help?

Reply #1101
before i reply, can you tell me what you are capable of creating at the moment - without any help?

Hi Marc

I want to create an overview (depending on your location / country) regarding upcoming events (concerts).
Last FM has a url that show exactly that. I want to use that link to grab this info / copy the info in a separate panel.
Should I create a separate script / code to have it loaded into wsh? Or can this in add into an existing script?

Reply #1102
although not explicitly, i think you have answered my question. 

Reply #1103
Meaning?

Reply #1105
marc, i admire your patience with all these questions haha

Reply #1106
^i like your avatar. 

Reply #1108
at the moment, i can't access your file download or even pastebin (even skydrive and most image hosts are banned on my current internet - it's free so i can't complain too much. google drive is available if you have a google account). anyway, it would seem you still don't have the .cfg file i supply installed correctly.

foo_customdb is notoriously unstable with the default configuration and does crash a lot - which is exactly why i supply a pre-configured file for people to use. it has never crashed on me and i've been at this for nearly 5 years now. no one else has reported crashes either. the only component related problem that has been reported over the years is slow performance on large collections (40,000+ tracks) - but as i have nothing to do with component development, there isn't anything i can do about that.

when the .cfg file is used correctly, your foo_customdb preferences should look like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6f0H8likO...iew?usp=sharing

Alright, then I don't have it installed right. It's like the configs are being stored on another file other than foo_customdb.dll.cfg. It has to be something with the theme I have or maybe I'm going blind... I uploaded the default theme with your script on Google drive and sent it to you on DA.

Reply #1109
no, it is not anything to do with your theme. i downloaded your file again and all i can do is point towards my previous post again.

you haven't followed this part of the instructions:

Install the foo_customdb component and if you've never used it before then you can extract the configuration folder from playcount sync.zip and place it inside your foobar2000 profile folder. You should know where this is after reading the previous Setup page.

Important: If you use foo_customdb for your own purposes then you should not use the configuration folder that I supply. Instead, you'll have to edit the database entries manually. Here are the steps to follow. You should do this before continuing.

if you need them, the manual database configuration instructions are at the bottom of this page: http://marc2003.x10host.com/lastfm-playcount-sync

try holding the ctrl key and scrolling your mouse wheel up.

Reply #1110
What?! Really? Could you tell me exactly what I'm doing wrong? I've read that part a thousand times, and as I said on another post, all folders and files are were they belong, are they not?

foo_customdb.dll and foo_customdb.txt are on components
foo_customdb.dll.cfg is on configuration
marc2003 folder is on root
wsh panel has playcount sync.txt loaded

CustomDB is certainly installed because I can see the configuration panel on preferences. marc2003 folder works because the cript loads. The only thing missing would be the configuration not working properly? So you mean I need to do that edit the database thing?

Reply #1112
The only thing missing would be the configuration not working properly? So you mean I need to do that edit the database thing?

i thought this part of the instructions was clear enough? 

Important: If you use foo_customdb for your own purposes then you should not use the configuration folder that I supply. Instead, you'll have to edit the database entries manually. Here are the steps to follow. You should do this before continuing.

only you know if you used foo_customdb before! 

Install the foo_customdb component and if you've never used it before then you can extract the configuration folder from playcount sync.zip and place it inside your foobar2000 profile folder. You should know where this is after reading the previous Setup page.

if this applies to you, i supply a "clean" cfg file with everything else stripped for these reasons which i explained above...

foo_customdb is notoriously unstable with the default configuration and does crash a lot - which is exactly why i supply a pre-configured file for people to use. it has never crashed on me and i've been at this for nearly 5 years now. no one else has reported crashes either. the only component related problem that has been reported over the years is slow performance on large collections (40,000+ tracks) - but as i have nothing to do with component development, there isn't anything i can do about that.

edit
: i just realised i didn't mention foobar should be closed when you extract the configuration folder. if you didn't know about this then i do apologise. i've also updated the website page to include this.

Reply #1113
Hi Marc,

Thanks for sharing all these great scripts!

I've got a couple problems.

First: It might be helpful to link to your website for the most up-to-date script in the OP. Currently, it links to the depreciated common7.js.

Second: I'm getting a couple errors when trying to download my library the first time.

Last.fm Playcount Sync: JSON.parse error.
Last.fm Playcount Sync: JSON.parse error.
Last.fm Playcount Sync: HTTP error: 0
Last.fm Playcount Sync: HTTP error: 0 ad infinitum

The first time it happened on when parsing page 250. I exited foobar and restarted the process before it happened on page 314. Thanks again for giving so much of your time to these projects!

edit: the second time through Last.fm Playcount Sync: HTTP error: 12002 was also in there after about ten HTTP error: 0 messages

Reply #1114
First: It might be helpful to link to your website for the most up-to-date script in the OP. Currently, it links to the depreciated common7.js.

i'm pretty sure it doesn't. both the website and link in the OP point towards the same updated file on dropbox!

as for your problem, i've looked at the last.fm status page ( http://status.last.fm ) and everything appears to be ok at the moment. there's not a lot else i can do apart from try your username if you want to post it.

Reply #1115
I think the problem might be on my end. Perhaps the network was losing it's external connection every now and then. It updated fine for me at work today.

And yes, indeed, that is the correct file on the first page. >.<

Anyway,
I really appreciate the scripts.

Reply #1116
Sometime after the API Key changes recently, my last.fm playback stats have stopped working.  I am getting Console messages "HTTP error: 12031" and sometimes "HTTP error: 12029".  Looking these up, they refer to:

12029      ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
              The attempt to connect to the server failed.

12031      ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_RESET
              The connection with the server has been reset.

I made sure that I have the newest common8.js and have loaded the newest scripts, "last.fm charts.txt" and "playcount sync.txt" into their respective panels.

I have reentered the last.fm user name and password for the charts panel and have verified that they are correct by logging into my last.fm account with them.

Any advise or help is appreciated.

Reply #1117
i've often seen 12029 errors when i have no connection. but if your internet is working for everything else, i'm not really sure what it could be? perhaps some firewall blocking outgoing connections or maybe DNS issues?

it certainly doesn't have anything to do with the API key change- it's just a co-incidence you're seeing problems soon after.

Reply #1118
The only thing missing would be the configuration not working properly? So you mean I need to do that edit the database thing?

i thought this part of the instructions was clear enough? 

only you know if you used foo_customdb before! 

if this applies to you, i supply a "clean" cfg file with everything else stripped for these reasons which i explained above...

edit
: i just realised i didn't mention foobar should be closed when you extract the configuration folder. if you didn't know about this then i do apologise. i've also updated the website page to include this.

Yes!!! Finally!!! I had to close foobar for the configuration file to work. Does everybody know about this? How is it possible that no one has had this problem before for you to include it on the page? In any way, thanks!

If you could look into the star thing I talked to you about on the other thread one of these days then my issues with the player would be finished.

Reply #1119
If you could look into the star thing I talked to you about on the other thread one of these days then my issues with the player would be finished.

i must admit, i completely forgot about that.  i'l look into it later on today.

Reply #1120
^i like your avatar. 

haha thanks.

theres one track in my library that just wont sync. the scrobbles do get through to lastfm.
Code: [Select]
Last.fm Playcount Sync: {"error":6,"message":"Artist not found","links":[]}

The artist name is "DJ B.Boy & Puto Márcio", maybe the & confuses the api? I have other artists with an & that work fine though

Reply #1121
i've seen this before. they treat á and Á as completely different. you can hack around it by right clicking your panel and selecting artist field remapping. replace the default with this:

$if($strcmp(%artist%,DJ B.Boy & Puto Márcio),$upper(%artist%),%artist%)

Reply #1123
if anyone uses falstaff/br3tt's new JSplaylist, i've made a mod that lets you display and love/unlove tracks on last.fm directly from the playlist.

pre-requisites:
you have fully installed and configured the actual playcount sync script from the first post in this thread. it needs to be active in your layout to "listen" for mouse clicks from the playlist.
you have installed JSplaylist version 1.1.1 or above (the requirements may change if the script gets updated and those details will be posted below)

http://www.deviantart.com/art/JSPlaylist-509803158

make sure you follow all instructions and make sure you install the required fonts.

with foobar closed, browse your foobar profile folder\wsh_br3tt\jsplaylist\js and save this file to that location.

http://marc2003.x10host.com/WSHplaylist.js

lastly, you need to edit the built in "Mood" column that is in the layout. you may rename it but the most important part is that you change the title formatting to this.

[%LASTFM_LOVED_DB%]

you may also add your own "Plays" column with this

[%LASTFM_PLAYCOUNT_DB%]

if/when falstaff makes updates to his code, make sure you follow his update instructions fully and i'll be posting an updated file as soon as i can.

Reply #1124
have you ever considering adding a feature that fetches album name too? i have a lot of repeated songs from bootlegs, compilations and EPs that are different from the ones i've actually heard yet it displays it as 23 because i've played it a lot on the album version.