Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: good news for aac from nokia (Read 4019 times) previous topic - next topic

good news for aac from nokia

Reply #1
why aac ? why not using vorbis or mpc ?

Reply #2
Because Nokia is one of co-developers of the AAC standard

Reply #3
yep yep yep...

thank you, our beloved Nokia, for your good effort... You really know what the people _need_ 

and no, I'm not working for Them, just living next door...

Reply #4

Blah, blah, blah... will you people ever shut up? 
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."

Reply #5

Now now... 

Reply #6

Not until better formats get recognition 

Reply #7
this looks VERY cool..  If anything can compete with gameboy advance its this.  I am just concerned over the quality of the games, and the capability of the hardware for games.  Anyone seen any previews/screenshots for upcoming games?

Reply #8
Argh why doesn't it support FLAC!!! 

this looks VERY cool..  If anything can compete with gameboy advance its this.  I am just concerned over the quality of the games, and the capability of the hardware for games.  Anyone seen any previews/screenshots for upcoming games?

Screw the games, just think of the RINGTONES this baby could belt out! I got myself one of those new Samsung polyphonic ringer-things that also makes phone calls, and I've spent more time composing ringtones for that bad boy than doing homework this year!

Reply #9

Thanks god at least it support AAC  (mean no WMA crap  )
still LAME 3.96.1 --preset extreme -q 0 -V 0 -m s at least until 2005.

Reply #10
The fact is that AAC is a pretty established and standarized format in the industry, although not widely used at the moment. MPC and Vorbis are more like "independent" codecs not very supported today out of our pc's.

Reply #11
Hopefully it works better than Nokia Music Player mentioned in this thread. Nokia has a funny way of crippling good stuff with propietary software.

Good example is Bluetooth in my 6310 phone. The calendar sync from Outlook works only if you have Nokia BT-card in Laptop. Talking about standards
"There's nothing as pathetic as an aging hipster."

Reply #12
Yea, it is a bad way. I was the starter of that thread and the way that player worked annoyed me too much. It got on my nerves so much that i got rid of it, i mean i though the idea of a portable was for convenience, but their damm DRM and crappy software defeted this point!