Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Expensive Headphones (Read 4739 times) previous topic - next topic

Expensive Headphones

Reply #1
Sheesh....if I had 15000 bucks to spend on audio, I would pop for a laser turntable before a pair of headphones 

Expensive Headphones

Reply #2
Those are considered to be the best headphones in the world.
But forget it, this is not something anyone will buy. Not even if you have way too much money, it's just not worth it  read on the Headroom Corp.'s site. (very nice site)

Expensive Headphones

Reply #3
I had the Sennhesier HD580 and an Airhead amp but my computer fan was too noisy so I couldn't really tell if it was good. I'm currently using the Sony MDR-NC20 noise cancelling headphones to drown out the nosiy fan. I used to have the MDR-V6 and they were the better than the NC20s. If you're interested in reading more about headphones, check out:

http://www.headwize.com/
http://www.head-fi.org/

Expensive Headphones

Reply #4
I've owned both the HD580 and the HD600. For the money, the HD580 are very, very close to the HD600. I'm sure many people could not ABX the two in terms of sound. A used/refurbed pair of HD580s will give you the "expensive" sound you crave for under $100.

Expensive Headphones

Reply #5
Thinking about the HD 280. They go for around $78.

INNOVATIONS AWARD WINNING SENNHEISER HD 280 PRO HEADPHONESBEING INTRODUCED AT CES 2002
Sennheiser is introducing their breakthrough HD 280 Pro headphones at CES 2002. Winner of the CES 2002 Innovations Award, the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones are engineered to deliver exceptional isolation coupled with innovative, fold-up design for compact portability. The HD 280 Pro is poised to become the audio enthusiast's first choice for critical listening.

Designed to deliver exceptional isolation from ambient noise with precise and linear sound reproduction at high SPLs, the HD 280 Pro combines high fidelity with practical design and maximum comfort. The HD 280s form-fitting, ergonomically designed circumaural earpieces remain comfortable for long periods of listening and can be rotated for flat mobility and space-saving transport. Single-sided coiled cable gives users maximum flexibility. Easy replacement of all wearing parts insures long-life and functionality.

"The HD 280 Pro is designed to raise the bar in terms of fidelity, portability and ease of use," noted Rob Douglas, product manager, headphone and medi@coustics lines, SEC. "The HD 280 Pro embodies all the features expected by professionals and valued by discriminating consumers."

MSRP:
HD 280 Pro - $199.00

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_e..._1_2002_ces2002

Expensive Headphones

Reply #6
All i can say is, i've been using my Sennheiser HD 580 headphones for a long time, and those are GREAT, -GREAT- headphones!!
This kind of quality for 200$ is outstanding to say the least.
My suggestion to anyone is, if you intend to buy anything in this price range, don't dare buy anything until you've heard HD 580.

Expensive Headphones

Reply #7
the pair of grado sr125 neadphones I bought a while back, for a buck and a quarter, are treating me right...

best-sounding pair of cans I have ever owned: bright, but with a tight low end, as well...

Expensive Headphones

Reply #8
Yup the HD580 is pretty good. My etymotics ER4 beat them in the details department but the HD580 has better bass

Expensive Headphones

Reply #9
After my over 20 years old Sennheiser (HD 424) headphones broke about 3 month ago I bought myself a Sony MDR-CD780 for 100€, because the Sennheiser´s one were so uncofortable to wear. It sounds extremly good (I can finally hear how bad xing/blade & co sounds):