Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: RareWares Debian GNU/Linux Repository (Read 79683 times) previous topic - next topic

RareWares Debian GNU/Linux Repository

Reply #25
Can directory listings be enabled for the tree the source is in?  This source won't work with apt-proxy otherwise, and I have a local apt-proxy to save me downloads at home.

Reply #26
UPDATES:

notes:

1 the xmms-mp4plugin now works for mp4 and aac (for playback only, atm)
2 lame-cvs update appears to fix bugs present in 3.95.x
3 abchr-java now loads config correctly, and debian menu entry now works correctly

packages:

faad2 - 2.0.0rc3+cvs20040119
xmms-mp4plugin-cvs - 0.5+cvs20040119
abchr-java - 0.4b2
lame-cvs - 3.96.1+cvs20040119

Can directory listings be enabled for the tree the source is in? This source won't work with apt-proxy otherwise, and I have a local apt-proxy to save me downloads at home.

it will be available soon. i'm making some changes with the server

later

Reply #27
UPDATES

FAAD2 2.0 is RELEASED, including a WORKING XMMS MP4/AAC PLUGIN
(+LAME updates  )

faad2 - 2.0.0+release
xmms-mp4plugin-cvs - 0.5+2.0.0+release
lame - 3.99.90.3+m-20040206
lame-ha - 3.90.3+m-20040206
lame-cvs - 3.96.3+m-20040204.23

later

Reply #28
UPDATES: ( a lot  )

new software since last update:

bmp
bmp-plugins
libvorbis-aotuv
libvorbis-gt
lpac
oggenc-aotuv
oggenc-gt
optimfrog
optimfrog-dualstream
optimforg-ieeefloat
szip
xmms-optimfrog
xmms-vqfplugin

updated software:

lamip - 0.0.1+20040216
libvorbis - 1.0.1+gt3b2+20040215

later

Reply #29
Debian Section completely re-designed. Also, a huge list of newly added packages, as well as many package updates.

New packages: bebocd, bewdy, bladeenc, combine-wave, cuetools, ffmpeg, flac123, fox toolkit 1.1, goggles, lame-3.93, k3b, k3b-plugin-monkeysaudio, kavi2svcd, kdenlive, kexis. liba52-0.7.4, maaate, piave, libtc, tc2, tc2-modules, libtheora, lives, m3u2toc, mg3-decoder, mg3-encoder, musepack-encoder, musepack-replaygain, musepack-encoder-presv8, okle, stream-transcoder, toolame, xcdroast, xmms-audiofile, xmms-dvb, xmms-encode-lame, xmms-encode-vorbis, xmms-sexypsf, xmms-sexyspc, xmms-speex, xmms-wma

Updated packages: lame-cvs (3.96.b2+cvs ), faac (1.23.5+cvs), faad (2.1+beta+cvs), all lame packages re-packaged to move lame*-dev to liblame*-dev, all musepack packages re-packaged to accomodate newly open-sourced 1.15r as muspack-encoder

(also, edited top post)

later

Reply #30
New Packages: friedman, mp3gain, mp3splt, mp3wrap, resmgr

Upgraded Packages: beep-media-player (0.9.7+cvs20040402.11), faad (2.1-0+beta+cvs20040404.00), faac (1.24-0+beta+cvs20040406.03), shorten (3.5.2)

bugfixes for libvorbis (-2) and faad (-3)

later

Reply #31
New Packages:
aucdtect, avi-ogm-info, bmp-musepack, chunky, lame-3.96, lame-4.0a, liarliar, librmff-dev, mpeg4ip, ncxmms, xmms-mac

Upgraded Packages:
faac (1.24-0+beta0+cvs20040421.22),  k3b (0.11.9+cvs20040422.00), lame-cvs (3.97.a01+cvs20040422.12),  libvorbis-aotuv (0.b2), shntool (2.0.0), xmms-musepack (0.99)

Menial Bugfixes/Repackages:
faad, xmms-musepack, k3b-plugin-monkeysaudio, xmms-mp4plugin

NOTE: xmms-mp4plugin is a temporary fix for MP4/AAC XMMS plugin until the faad2 cvs build process is fixed

later

Reply #32
Activity for the last month or so  :

*  New Packages = wavegain, libmac2, gogo-no-coda, nrg2iso, oggenc-qkt, libvorbis-qkt uxcook, vidix, gstreamer08-monkeysaudio, libfox1.2
    * Updated Packages = k3b (0.11.93+cvs20040613.01), goggles (0.7.4), ffmpeg (0.4.8+cvs20040609.09), mpeg4ip (1.1.1+cvs20040609.08), cdrdao (1.1.9), lame-cvs (3.97+a02+cvs20040607.12), chunky (0.8.4), monkeysaudio (3.99+update4), faad2 (2.1-0+beta+cvs20040517.13)
    * Packaging Fixes = libtc2, tc2-modules, libtc, oggenc-mt, oggenc-aotuv, libvorbis-mt, libvorbis-aotuv
    * Changed Packages = oggenc-gt/libvorbis-gt moved to oggenc-gt3/libvorbis-gt3 to be more "politically correct", ALSO libfox1.2 replaces libfox1.1 and goggles 0.7.4 built against libfox1.2

later

Reply #33
ok, so i just wanted to give y'all a heads up regarding current situation:

* source server out of storage and online at same address (xmixahlx.dyndns.org/debian/)
* packages updated last night (releases i've missed since june, cvs, etc.)
* html not updated yet, i'll do that when i get time (almost done)

i received a lot of emails asking for source and wtf is up with my inactivity, so i hope this tidbit will calm some down

what sparked the inactivity? --> i moved back home after schooling and got a job in I.T. and had some medical issues to deal with...

sorry about the wait

later
-mike

Reply #34
Hi xmixahlx,
first of all i feel like i have to express that the debian rarewares repository is awesomely great and spares me an enormous amount of hassle i'd have to go into if it was not to exist, great work! And please keep it going.

When i updated my package list recently i found that new versions of packages in unstable depend on libc 2.3.4-1 instead of 2.3.2. Figure:
Code: [Select]
Depends: libc6 (>=2.3.4-1) but 2.3.2.ds1-20ubuntu13 is to be installed

Is that bump really necessary? it'd be even greater if your repository would work out-of-the-box for hoary.

Reply #35
xmixahlx refuses to use anything but the very latest bleeding edge development tools and libraries. That's why there are so many dependency issues in the Debian repository

Edit:
libfaac0: Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.0) but 1:3.4.3-6 is to be installed

(On my Debian Sarge)

Reply #36
When i updated my package list recently i found that new versions of packages in unstable depend on libc 2.3.4-1 instead of 2.3.2. Figure:
Depends: libc6 (>=2.3.4-1) but 2.3.2.ds1-20ubuntu13 is to be installed

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288672"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

One solution would be to pass the --force-depends-version flag to dpkg. The packages should work as long as the version differences are as minor as this one. On the other hand, of course, using --force can cause major grief. Proceeding should be safe, but caution is advised.

Reply #37
wow... i really _haven't_ posted here since september?

anyways, my dev box has always been bleeding edge.  but i don't see that being a problem when the repository is used correctly (read: as stated on the page).

however, i'll be talking to roberto and cabbagerat about this issue since it won't be a one man show anymore.

later

Reply #38
xmixahlx, have you discussed that issue with the other guys yet?

I am asking because, I was not able to install lamip or musepack-encoder, because of my libc6 which is sid and not experimental although I have added all additional repositories to my sources.list.

Reply #39
i began to transition RW/Debian to SID a few weeks ago and it's almost complete. (i.e. < 20 remain  out of 250+ packages!)

i'll be doing some updates to RW/Debian HTML - actually doing it this time - which will reflect these changes (and be more compatible with the various debian-based distro users: i.e. ubuntu).

projects which are waiting are lamip and a few others lamip is not ready to package atm.  i'm waiting for fred (aka ciberfred) to give me the go ahead for 0.0.3 release (which should be shortly).

you can resolve all dependencies by the following servers (in addition to RW/D)

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
deb http://pkg-gnome.alioth.debian.org/debian/ experimental main
deb http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde-3.4.0/ ./

later

Reply #40
hmm, thought I had posted this already: thanks for your effort! 

Reply #41
thanx for the support.

also, i have some good news.  Free, the main developer of DeMuDi (being the better half of the Agnula Project: http://www.agnula.org) and i have been in talks about integrating RW/Debian into the project.  i'll update when news becomes available, and when the RW/Debian HTML is revamped it will have more details.

ok...

RW/Debian is now "fully" Debian Unstable... and this is a little lie.

all LAMIP packages still require experimental (and those repositories i posted last time).  this will change when 0.0.3 is releasable (soon).

also, K3B requires dbus/qt packages from experimental. in the future, other software MAY use packages from experimental only when there is not a version in unstable.

i have setup an "alternate" experimental staging for those that wish not to use the full debian experimental repository (and so i can keep the functionality that i wish for RW/Debian).

it is (for now):
deb http://rarewares.org/debian/packages/experimental/ ./

later

Reply #42
I still have a problem with installing lamip:

while trying to install Lamip-core in synaptic, I get the following error:

"lamip-core:
depends on: libcurl2 (>=7.11.2-1) but it is not installable"

I was not able to get this desired package from anywhere around the web, so... where can I get it, or how do I circumvent this?

the most recent package I found was "libcurl2_7.9.5-1_i386.deb".

edit: okay, finally I found a working package - ubuntu, though.

Reply #43
mmm... libcurl2 was dropped from unstable in favor of libcurl3 (security issue)

until i repackage lamip, the ubuntu package will have to do  (which is fine, it is from debian/unstable, anyways)

also, the dbus/qt package that k3b needed from experimental entered unstable recently, so that, um..., issue has been solved.

later

Reply #44
just installed LAMIP 0.0.3 which supposedly has been repacked by you.. NICE1 - THX! 

had to do it with dpkg and --force-all option, because of dependency-problems, though.

Reply #45
those lamip packages are from february CVS.  i'll be repackaging lamip again soon (so, forcing dependencies won't be necessary)

later

Reply #46
xmixahlx, I recently found a site (German) where many, many nice multimedia-tools are listed. amongst other things some transcoding-tools which are AFAIK despairingly requested by the community. at least I was lookig for them with a passion.
soundkonverter appeared to be very useful. the good thing and the advantage over self-made scripts is that it preserves tags (at least for FLAC>mp3, which I did test).
maybe the other tools can do the job equally good, dunno.
I thought, perhaps it would be possible to add some of them to the Rarewares-Debian repository.

maybe I inspired you. soundkonverter is available as a *.deb file. the others as tarballs or as packages for other distros. greets

Reply #47
there seems to be something wrong with the server-list for apt. I am not able to install lame 3.96 via apt, because the binaries, though listed, can't be downloaded.
I suppose it has to do with the information given about "Christian Marillat's Mult-Media Repository for Unstable" in the apt-pinning-section.
I tried  "deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main" in my sources.list but got an error, now I use "deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/dists...in/binary-i386/ ./" but get the problem mentioned at the top of my posting.
can someone provide the right adress of Marillat's server, please?

thanx in advance

Reply #48
okay, it seems to be like this: unstable was renamed to sid on the server. the new adress is ergo "

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sid main

"

could you please update the info on rarewares? thx

I wonder why there are so few problems with that.....

Reply #49
ah. thanx. will update RW html

also, LAMIP packages have been updated and soundkonverter has been added by request (among many other updates).  will list them on the html when i get there.

later