15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist), Playlist view with album art
BoraBora
post May 20 2011, 00:10
Post #101

Group: Members
Member No.: 18179

I don't know. unsure.gif I'm definitely no programmer, but since cover art display can rely on grouping and grouping can rely on tags (even several of them, like ARTIST + ALBUM), maybe another tag can be processed for the art size. Then again, maybe I'm dreaming awake. rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
marc2003
post May 20 2011, 00:19
Post #102

Member No.: 19379

it doesn't matter what image you tell it to use, it will always be stretched/shrank to fit. i can't ever see such a complicated feature being added to this component.

ELPlaylist for columns UI can do what you want but it requires some serious effort to configure. tongue.gif

EDIT: this is what boredom does: example ELPlaylist configuration

This post has been edited by marc2003: May 20 2011, 00:55
+Quote Post
tg2k3
post May 20 2011, 00:42
Post #103

Member No.: 22635

Concerning the SimPlaylist Search Feature of Simplaylist:

It doesn't really make sense to me why search is separated from the normal simplaylist. I'd find it far more useful to have a searchbar on top/bottom of my simplaylist which then acts as a filter upon the current playlist in a way that an empty search bar displays every item of the current playlist. Currently it acts the opposite way which is rather confusing. But the real pain is to switch tabs in order to perform a search in the current playlist. I don't really understand the design choice behind that.
+Quote Post
BoraBora
post May 20 2011, 00:44
Post #104

Member No.: 18179

Oh well... I had to try. laugh.gif Anyway, this new Facets is already wonderful as it is and I definitely adopted it. smile.gif
+Quote Post
sgoct
post May 25 2011, 07:12
Post #105

Member No.: 39120

Thank you so much for this plugin! I've hardly touched my config in the last year or two after finally wrestling ESPlaylist into something resembling what I'd wanted, but this sets it up exactly how I've wanted it for years.
+Quote Post
Robyer
post Jun 1 2011, 15:39
Post #106

Member No.: 86070

Is there a chance that this plugin will work with columns_ui? smile.gif
+Quote Post
bsw11
post Jun 3 2011, 19:09
Post #107

Member No.: 69081

This might be caused by the focus problem, but wanted to double check...

I have add to playback queue function set to middle mouse button click - it works fine on the other playlist plugins but on yours it defaults to what the mouse does (scroll mode) on default.

Sounds like the focus issue.

Any ETA on beta 5?
+Quote Post
shru
post Jun 4 2011, 12:15
Post #108

Member No.: 77960

QUOTE (Robyer @ Jun 1 2011, 10:39) *
Is there a chance that this plugin will work with columns_ui? smile.gif

Seconded; right now I divided between sticking with Columns UI and missing out on this, or switching to the Default UI and having to use foo_facets instead of Column UI's superior filter system.
+Quote Post
tpijag
post Jun 5 2011, 16:21
Post #109

Member No.: 53637

Small formatting bug noticed within a Group Heading.
If a %field% is encased in braces {} or escaped parentheses (), there is a trailing space placed after the first { or (.
When using escaped brackets [], all is well.

+Quote Post
q-stankovic
post Jun 8 2011, 22:15
Post #110

Member No.: 31251

If in quick setup window a playlist layout (related to normal playlist view) is choosen by doubleclick then the simplaylist view gets blank.

--------------------
german support forum: www.foobar-users.de / user: qwert73
+Quote Post
solovoy
post Jun 12 2011, 02:46
Post #111

Member No.: 91432

For those who don't like autohighlight you can add this function to the tag you want.

$replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace(INSERT HERE THE TAG,'(','>>('),')',')<<'),'[','>>['),']','<<]'),'{','>>{'),'}','<<]')

For example:
$replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace(%album%,'(','>>('),')',')<<'),'[','>>['),']','<<]'),'{','>>{'),'}','<<]')
+Quote Post
frogworth
post Jun 12 2011, 06:03
Post #112

Member No.: 76511

QUOTE (solovoy @ Jun 12 2011, 11:46) *
For those who don't like autohighlight you can add this function to the tag you want.

Ah, ace! Thanks. The only ones that it doesn't work with are angle brackets themselves, for instance in 65daysofstatic's <unreleased/unreleasable> vol. 1.
It would be a million times better if Frank gave us the option to not use this rather weird highlighting style smile.gif But this helps a lot!
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Jun 12 2011, 09:59
Post #113

Member No.: 19379

you don't have to nest $replace like that. you can have as many pairs as you like in one statement.

CODE
$replace(%title%,'(','>>(',')',')<<','[','>>[',']','<<]','{','>>{','}','<<}')
+Quote Post
TomBarlow
post Jun 12 2011, 12:55
Post #114

Member No.: 45750

Unfortunately that doesn't work in all cases, for instance "Trilogy: a) The Wonder b) Hyperstation z) Eliminator Jr." It should be possible if you use $strstr to check that there's an opening and closing bracket. My TF strings are long enough already though, it would be nice if we could turn it off.
+Quote Post
frogworth
post Jun 14 2011, 12:32
Post #115

QUOTE (TomBarlow @ Jun 12 2011, 21:55) *
Unfortunately that doesn't work in all cases, for instance "Trilogy: a) The Wonder b) Hyperstation z) Eliminator Jr." It should be possible if you use $strstr to check that there's an opening and closing bracket. My TF strings are long enough already though, it would be nice if we could turn it off.

Good point. +1 for option to turn it off.

Just discovered that the SimPlaylist Search element is accessed via Edit -> Search. YAY. Love the element, does just the job it should, and now I have a keyboard shortcut for it!
+Quote Post
Frank Bicking
post Jun 27 2011, 17:01
Post #116

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 2776

Beta 5 out.

QUOTE (tg2k3 @ May 20 2011, 01:42) *
Concerning the SimPlaylist Search Feature of Simplaylist:

It doesn't really make sense to me why search is separated from the normal simplaylist. I'd find it far more useful to have a searchbar on top/bottom of my simplaylist which then acts as a filter upon the current playlist in a way that an empty search bar displays every item of the current playlist. Currently it acts the opposite way which is rather confusing. But the real pain is to switch tabs in order to perform a search in the current playlist. I don't really understand the design choice behind that.

Displaying search results in the playlist could lead to the wrong conclusion that these results represent the order in which tracks will be played. But searching does not change the playlist. Also, you do not have to put the search into a different tab. Use a splitter to display both at the same time, or simply use the popup version.

QUOTE (tpijag @ Jun 5 2011, 17:21) *
Small formatting bug noticed within a Group Heading.
If a %field% is encased in braces {} or escaped parentheses (), there is a trailing space placed after the first { or (.
When using escaped brackets [], all is well.

If anyone should have the same issue, please change your font from "@Arial Unicode MS" to "Arial Unicode MS" without the @.
+Quote Post
suaff
post Jun 27 2011, 20:22
Post #117

Member No.: 26220

shortcut with left/right array doesn't work (seek back/ahead ... seconds). work with standard playlist view ...

--------------------
foo foo foo
+Quote Post
GeSomeone
post Jun 28 2011, 18:03
Post #118

Member No.: 335

QUOTE (suaff @ Jun 27 2011, 21:22) *
shortcut with left/right array doesn't work (seek back/ahead ... seconds). work with standard playlist view ...

This is the issue with the "single key" keyboard shortcuts. Also the insert (I use for add to playlistqueue) is eaten by simplaylist.
It would be a good thing to be able to disable "find as you type" and have our (single) keys back for shortcuts (as in most, if not all, other foobar components). Please consider such option.
+Quote Post
frogworth
post Jun 29 2011, 13:52
Post #119

QUOTE (GeSomeone @ Jun 29 2011, 03:03) *
This is the issue with the "single key" keyboard shortcuts. Also the insert (I use for add to playlistqueue) is eaten by simplaylist.
It would be a good thing to be able to disable "find as you type" and have our (single) keys back for shortcuts (as in most, if not all, other foobar components). Please consider such option.

I'll just add a "+1" whenever somebody mentions this. Yes please.
+Quote Post
GeSomeone
post Jul 3 2011, 16:24
Post #120

Member No.: 335

bug report: I noticed an irregular behaviour in combination with the foo_removeplayed plugin (this plugin removes tracks from the playlist after being played).
With this plugin active (playback -> Remove played tracks) simplaylist jumps to the beginning of the playlist although playing the correct next track when these conditions apply: 1) the playing track (to be removed) is selected, 2) this track AND the next track to play, are both visible in the playlist (not scrolled off screen).
This does not happen in the standard playlist component.

FWIW (foobar 1.1.7 SimPlaylist 1.0b5, playback follows cursor and cursor follows playback are on (default))

while I'm at it, also a question:
How to get rid of the empty line before each group?
+Quote Post
orchid
post Jul 4 2011, 11:36
Post #121

Member No.: 38397

Hello Frank,

I'd like to request a feature similar to ELPlaylis's playlist filter. It lets you assign different grouping to each playlist, e.g. normal grouping for "All music" and no grouping for "Favorites" or "Most played".

Also each grouping scheme should have different set of columns, so with grouping I could use "[%track artist% - ]%title%", and without grouping "%artist% - %title%".

Also not sure if I missed something, but is it not possible to align part of the group header text to right side? $tab() didn't work atleast.
+Quote Post
Emcee
post Jul 4 2011, 13:09
Post #122

Member No.: 6272

QUOTE (orchid @ Jul 4 2011, 12:36) *
I'd like to request a feature similar to ELPlaylis's playlist filter. It lets you assign different grouping to each playlist, e.g. normal grouping for "All music" and no grouping for "Favorites" or "Most played".

+1 rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
smkk
post Jul 4 2011, 22:02
Post #123

Member No.: 48839

Thanks for the update Frank. Unfortunately keyboard shortcuts with certain modifier keys still don't work.
For example I've always had ctrl+alt+a as shortcut for ReplayGain>Scan selection as albums (tags). It's always worked in the default playlist but it doesn't do anything in simplaylist.

Also there is a minor issue with the scrolling speed when drawing a selection rectangle in simplaylist. Drawing a selection from the top of the list to the bottom the scrolling speed of the list is very slow – in the opposite direction from bottom to top its quick though.
+Quote Post
suaff
post Jul 5 2011, 10:09
Post #124

Member No.: 26220

QUOTE (orchid @ Jul 4 2011, 04:36) *

+1
different views for different playlists is my long long waiting feature... :/

--------------------
foo foo foo
+Quote Post
tpijag
post Jul 5 2011, 23:35
Post #125

Member No.: 53637

Frank

I've a condition that causes an unneeded playlist refresh and centering movement.

xp, foobar 1.1.7, simplaylist beta 5, cursor follows playback, prefer current selection, autoplaylist based on %rating% MISSING.

If a rating is given to a track that is also the selection highlighted track, the playlist will refresh and center itself based on the track rated. This occurs whether the selection highlighted track is the playing track or otherwise. Rating of tracks without first selecting will have the track gracefully remove itself from playlist as expected.
+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 03:03