Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Uploading files to the iPod (Read 12251 times) previous topic - next topic

Uploading files to the iPod

Hi

i have some question about ipod 4G

i see that the capacity is 3.68 and 20mb is other ( can i format this 20 and add to the 3.6 )?

can i use another program and not itune to load my ipod?

i upload some mp3 via itunes , but i can't see the covers why?

Reply #1
I don't like Itunes

can i use windows media player & ipod nano?

Reply #2
Here are some suggestions: http://jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20050816..._player_10.html
I personally would like to point out 'floola' which I have used myself. It's quite straight forward.
Try to search for yourself, next time.
portable: 128 kbps cbr AAC
local: -7 FLAC

Reply #3
Here are some suggestions: http://jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20050816..._player_10.html
I personally would like to point out 'floola' which I have used myself. It's quite straight forward.
Try to search for yourself, next time.

i did a search before posting , and i found the same page
but i know lot of people use wmp11 or Anapo

but i don't know how use wmp11

i know the only thing is use xplay2 but i know it could damage ipod

Reply #4
How about Winamp?
Every night with my star friends / We eat caviar and drink champagne
Sniffing in the VIP area / We talk about Frank Sinatra
Do you know Frank Sinatra? / He's dead

Reply #5
does somebody try YamiPod ? i read a lot of goods

Reply #6
Hi,
AFAIK WMP doesn't support synchingwith ipods...

YamiPod sounds to be very cool but for me it didn't worked correctly. It killed my databae on the ipod multiple times. And it doesn't support album arts!

I also tried Anapod but for my taste it's to expensive when free alternatives areavailable.

Since over half a year I use MediaMonkey for synching my ipod. It's a easy, powerful and free mediaplayer which is also great to hear your music on your pc. There are also a lot of scripts in their forum which enhance the funcitonality. (For example my AutoRateAccurate scirpt which helps you to rate your songs. ) So for me it's the perfect solution. By the way, you can get it here: http://www.mediamonkey.com
For most purposes the freeware version is enough. If not you egt a lifetime license for about 30 Dollars I think.

Big_Berny

Reply #7
Hi,
AFAIK WMP doesn't support synchingwith ipods...

YamiPod sounds to be very cool but for me it didn't worked correctly. It killed my databae on the ipod multiple times. And it doesn't support album arts!

I also tried Anapod but for my taste it's to expensive when free alternatives areavailable.

Since over half a year I use MediaMonkey for synching my ipod. It's a easy, powerful and free mediaplayer which is also great to hear your music on your pc. There are also a lot of scripts in their forum which enhance the funcitonality. (For example my AutoRateAccurate scirpt which helps you to rate your songs. ) So for me it's the perfect solution. By the way, you can get it here: http://www.mediamonkey.com
For most purposes the freeware version is enough. If not you egt a lifetime license for about 30 Dollars I think.

Big_Berny

Thanks Berny which version of ipod nano have you ? the first or second geration?

Reply #8
I have a "normal" iPod Video (5. Generation) 60 GB but AFAIK all iPods are supported.

Reply #9
I'd recommend Anapod as a simple way to drag and drop to any series of iPod - it can be a little cumbersome if you use multiple Ipods.

Yamipod - haven't had much success

Ephpod - def worth a try it was, prior to Anapod my favourite tool

MediaMonkey

I would stay away from Xplay and WMP though. When it works, its great, but when it doesn't............

Reply #10
I personally prefer MediaPlayers because I like when the plays of the ipods are also counted on my pc. Also for synching ratings it is useful IMO.

Big_Berny

Reply #11
I'd recommend Anapod as a simple way to drag and drop to any series of iPod - it can be a little cumbersome if you use multiple Ipods.

Yamipod - haven't had much success

Ephpod - def worth a try it was, prior to Anapod my favourite tool

MediaMonkey

I would stay away from Xplay and WMP though. When it works, its great, but when it doesn't............

Anapod is not FREE

I personally prefer MediaPlayers because I like when the plays of the ipods are also counted on my pc. Also for synching ratings it is useful IMO.

Big_Berny

are you meaning "media player" monkey media player?

Reply #12
No, I mean mediaplyers in general.

With mediamonkey for example it synchs the playcounts from the ipod and the ratings back to the pc (like with itunes). So you really see how much the songs has been played. That's  quite useful at least for me.

But I think that's the same with mediaplayers which also support iPods.

Reply #13
No, I mean mediaplyers in general.

With mediamonkey for example it synchs the playcounts from the ipod and the ratings back to the pc (like with itunes). So you really see how much the songs has been played. That's  quite useful at least for me.

But I think that's the same with mediaplayers which also support iPods.

can u format under monkey player?

Reply #14
No, since the last firmware-version unfortunately you need iTunes to do that. Before you could use the iPod tool but now it's integrated in iTunes...

Big_Berny

Reply #15
No, since the last firmware-version unfortunately you need iTunes to do that. Before you could use the iPod tool but now it's integrated in iTunes...

Big_Berny

thanks Berny

Had you  incompatibility issue with media monkey & ipod?

Reply #16
Yes, at the beginning because I already filled my iPod with iTunes. So advice: You should format it with iTunes first. You also have to enable "disk use" and "Maually manage music and videos" and disable "Open iTunes when this iPod is conncted".
Otherwise I only had a problem once when it didn't allowed my to synch the ipod after upgrading to Windows Vista.

But that's all in the last year and I really play a lot with system preferences and free-/shareware-tools.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that there are some restriction! MediaMonkey can't upload images and videos. And if podcasts work I don't know - never used them. But AFAIK you can upload these kinds of data with iTunes also when you use MediaMonkey for synching. I'm not completely sure though. You surely find some infos in the MediaMonkey forum.

Big_Berny

Reply #17
thanks benry

Reply #18
No problem!

Reply #20
Hi francesco,
sorry, I don't have mp4...

Big_Berny

Reply #21
by the way i did notice some crashes of ipod (i should reset it) from when i don't use itunes

is a problem or do u notice the same  behavior

Reply #22
You could also try SongBird  www.songbirdnest.com
EAC secure | FLAC  --best -V -b 4096 | LAME 3.97 -V0 -q0 -b32

Reply #23
I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll ask here.

Is floola any good on Linux? The website claims that floola runs on Win, Mac, and Linux.