Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Those "nice" new features in v07... (Read 2939 times) previous topic - next topic

Those "nice" new features in v07...

hy,

the reason i like foobar is that it was simple. so i dont like most of the new features in v07.
i miss the option to get rid of IDv2 tags of mp3 files (i dont want to have IDv1 & 2 in my mp3s), i would like to turn off this realy cool (but to me completely useless and annoying) feature of the multiple playlists and id like to get rid of those new subnemus for everything. havent i seen some options in the preferences to do this or is the only way to do so to use v0667 (which is in my opinion much better)?
no offense but to be honest: if my p00t would be fast enough i would use winamp2 again after installing v07...... (the only thing i would realy miss is the masstagger)

greets gaxx
ps: foobar v0667 is THE audio player! 

Reply #1
You can remove toolbars, u can turn off tabs too in prefs.

Install foo_id3v2, and set tagwriting to apev2, and id3v2 will be removed from your mp3s.. (due to way tag writing works)

Reply #2
If you prefer v0.667 why not just go back to that version?

Reply #3
If you prefer v0.667 why not just go back to that version?

Where can one download the .exe for 0.667? I felt it was perfect... in the future I might want to play around with some of the newer things in 0.7, but I'd like to go back to 0.667 for now. 

PS, I'm with gaXX, the option to remove id3v2 tags should still be in there :/

Reply #4
sure ill do so but i want to profit from future developments AND keep the VERY simple interface 

Reply #5
Unconstructive trolling that old version was "much better" than new version is not welcome here. If you are too dumb to locate options to disable new features, this is your own problem and you don't have to share it with everyone.
Or, use this component if you want "simple" user interface.
Topic closed, warnings sent.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.