Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not My Release] EsPlaylist (Read 330982 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not My Release] EsPlaylist

Reply #625
musicbee seems to be popular on a few other forums i frequent. http://getmusicbee.com/

a quick google suggests it has WASAPI support but i've never used it myself.

Reply #627
I'm using an EsPlaylist panel as a library viewer and it works fine except for the filter search box: it has the same forecolour of the panel (or the global forecolour), which has to be white in my layout and since the background colour of the search box is white as well and cannot be changed, I can't see what I type in it.
Has anybody come across the same problem and possibly found a way to work around it?
I'm late

Reply #628
since the background colour of the search box is white as well and cannot be changed

that is not the case for me. it changes automatically whenever you change the default background in the preferences.

although the screenshot is columns UI, i tested in default UI as well and it works just the same there.

Reply #629
since the background colour of the search box is white as well and cannot be changed

that is not the case for me. it changes automatically whenever you change the default background in the preferences.

Managed! Sorry for the stupid question  , I was so tired yesterday night that I didn't remember my background colour was not from the preferences settings, but from a rectangle drawn with PSS, which leads me to another question (whether it is possible to get the custom colours with titleformatting), but I will ask in the PSS thread.
I'm late

Reply #630
How does the EsPlaylist know where to find the artwork for the grouping?

I use CUI and in the preferences I wrote the titleformatting for the artwork paths for each kind of artwork, but EsPlaylist only seems to recognize the front cover.
I'm late

Reply #631
do not use the columns UI artwork preferences. use the main preferences under file>preferences>display>album art.

if you've already done that, make sure to check file>preferences>tools>esplaylist>grouping. double click the preset setting and there will be a drop down for the type of artwork.

Reply #632
do not use the columns UI artwork preferences. use the main preferences under file>preferences>display>album art.

Now I'm confused. I checked the album art settings and I already had info written for the front cover, but not as a complete path, just the file name and type (i.e. "folder.jpg"). So, in which directory does foobar look for the folder.jpg? I keep them in the album folder which is a fair guess, but for the back cover I'm trying to get foobar to actually show me pictures related to the genre (%genre%.jpg) that I keep all in the same directory. I wrote the complete path (C:\directory\folder\%genre%.jpg) in the back cover pattern and set EsPlaylist accordingly to show me the back cover for the genre grouping, but still no image appears in the layered view.
I'm late

Reply #633
did you make sure the preset you wanted to modify was selected in the presets dropdown under tools>esplaylist>grouping? the dialog can be a bit buggy when switching presets so sometimes you need to close it then open it again. once settings are set they do stay set and work perfectly.

using just a filename does mean the image must be in the same folder as the current audio file.

and yes, you should set an absolute path for your genres panel because it's not relative to the path of the audio files at all. i do something very similar for my artist panel...

Code: [Select]
f:\Applications\foobar2000\wsh_data\artists\%album artist%\*.*

Reply #634
did you make sure the preset you wanted to modify was selected in the presets dropdown under tools>esplaylist>grouping? the dialog can be a bit buggy when switching presets so sometimes you need to close it then open it again. once settings are set they do stay set and work perfectly.

Yes, I noticed the bug and I always re-select the preset I want to edit before I double-click on the grouping. Everything in the grouping layer setting window looks like yours, except I don't have any side info, but I don't think it makes any difference.

To be honest I lied a little  well, let's say I made it simple: it is not really the %genre% tag that I am using, but a custom tag from foo_customdb related to the genre, which I called %genre_class%. EsPlaylist seems to have no problem in reading the tag and displaying it in the grouping title, but perhaps it's foobar that cannot accept the cutomtag in the albumart path?
I'll make some tests tonight when I get back home. Thanks for the moment 
I'm late

Reply #635

Marc, I noticed the %es_subgroup_count% field in your titleformatting. I won't ask you what it is because it's pretty intuitive, but since it is not in the title formatting reference page, nor in tha PPS' and there is no EsPlaylist reference page as far as I know, how did you learn about it? I mean, very often I come across titleformatting reference I know nothing about, which is not on the wiki pages and I have to learn about them by searching in the forum, but I wonder if I'm missing some essential online resource.
I'm late

Reply #636
and there is no EsPlaylist reference page as far as I know, how did you learn about it?

it's in the .txt file bundled with the component. given it's prefixed with %es_ you should know it's something only available in this component. the same developer does similar with %el_ for ELplaylist and %ps_ for panel stack splitter.

Reply #637
and there is no EsPlaylist reference page as far as I know, how did you learn about it?

it's in the .txt file bundled with the component. given it's prefixed with %es_ you should know it's something only available in this component. the same developer does similar with %el_ for ELplaylist and %ps_ for panel stack splitter.

I have a proble with those documents. Here is what they look like in my notepad:
I'm late

Reply #638
it looks like you've opened foo_uie_esplaylist_j.txt which is the japanese version. there is also foo_uie_esplaylist.txt. there are a few odd characters in it but it's perfectly legible for the most part.

Reply #639

Yes, I noticed the bug and I always re-select the preset I want to edit before I double-click on the grouping. Everything in the grouping layer setting window looks like yours, except I don't have any side info, but I don't think it makes any difference.

To be honest I lied a little  well, let's say I made it simple: it is not really the %genre% tag that I am using, but a custom tag from foo_customdb related to the genre, which I called %genre_class%. EsPlaylist seems to have no problem in reading the tag and displaying it in the grouping title, but perhaps it's foobar that cannot accept the cutomtag in the albumart path?
I'll make some tests tonight when I get back home. Thanks for the moment 

Now, this is weird. The first thing I did to check if it was a problem with the custom tags was changing the settings for the artwork in the lower level group, based on the proper %genre% tag to the same back cover of the higher leve, and the result was that the %genre_class% picture showed up. So I changed the settings of the %genre% group back to no artwork and the pic of the %genre_class% was still there. So now it works, but I don't know why, or at least I don't know why it didn't work this morning. I swear I was not stoned.

I'm late

Reply #640
changes made in the main foobar preferences don't take effect immediately. you need to right click EsPlaylist>options>refresh (or restart foobar).

Reply #641

if you've already done that, make sure to check file>preferences>tools>esplaylist>grouping. double click the preset setting and there will be a drop down for the type of artwork.

What about the "icon" option in the EsPlaylist grouping settings, though? I thought it would pick the embedded artwork, but it doesn't. Is there a way to define an icon path, other than the four basic ones (front, back, disc, artist)?

I don't know if the author reads this forum, but in case I have a request: since there are no limits apparently to the number of grouping levels, I would love if it were possible to define the artwork path in the Esplaylist grouping settings, without being limited to the options in the album art preferences.
I'm late

Reply #642
the icon option only applies to embedded art in files with id3v2 tags (usually just mp3).

also, the developer hasn't posted here in years. besides, what you're asking for is pointless. there is nothing limiting about setting all artwork paths in the main foobar preferences.

Reply #643
besides, what you're asking for is pointless. there is nothing limiting about setting all artwork paths in the main foobar preferences.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. In the EsPlaylist grouping layer settings I only see 5 options for the artwork: cover front, cover back, disc, artist, icon. How can I use the foobar preferences to add one more?
I'm late

Reply #644
apologies....i've been skim reading posts (again) and not comprehending them properly. i understand what you mean now but it's all irrelevant as nothing can be done about it.

since development was abandoned years ago and the source was never released, you'll have to make do with it as it is. and even if it was still developed, i honestly couldn't see anyone adding support for more artwork types than are already available. you could always try your luck asking for foobar itself to support more types. see how far you get....

Reply #645
the icon option only applies to embedded art in files with id3v2 tags (usually just mp3).

I only have mp3 files, but I thought you could only embed on pcture per file. I never noticed you can embed multiple pictures and that there is a 'specific' icon frame. This is probably obvious for most people, but I'm writing it for the benefit of the heedless like me.
I'm late

Reply #646
As I said I'm using the component as a library viewer and I set up grouping levels by %album artist% first, than by %album% %discnumber%. This means that discs in multiple disc sets are always shown separately. I tried grouping them by adding one more grouping level as follows: %album artist%; %album%; %discnumber%. This is of course a little annoying for most albums which have just one disc, because it takes a useless double step to show the album tracks. So, I was wondering if it is possible to have a conditional grouping pattern in order to group by discnumber only those albums where multiple discs are present.
I'm late

Reply #647
the answer to your question is no. also, what's wrong with including discnumber on the same level as album? i'd just avoid displaying it unless %totaldiscs% is more than 1.

Reply #649
I have no idea what happened. Windows was totally stuck and I had to force shut down. When I restarted it the browse library mode was not working and there's no way I can fix it. I reimported the CUI theme, but nothing changed. The latest backup I have was made just before the PC crashed and it's got the same problem. The previous backup is pretty old and I made too many changes since than, so I'd really like to fix the last version. I tried removing the EsPlaylist together with its config file, than I reinstalled it and rewrote every script, but still it didn't work. Therefore I suppose the problem is not in the EsPlaylist itself, but in some other component that Esplaylist uses for the browse library mode (playlist mode works perfectly). If I knew which one it is I could try overwriting the config file from the last functioning backup.

Can somebody help me out?
I'm late