IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Can the spectogram be enhanced with a visual scale showing frequency?, [TOS#6—was “Suggestion regarding spectrogram”/“..a really useful one”]
pyc
post Jan 6 2013, 13:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105631

I think it's not hard to implement displaying of frequency at the position of mouse cursor over spectrogram. It would be very useful for identifying transcoded audio. Spectrogram is not very useful if you don't know what's the frequency...

Thanks for great player! smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
EpicForever
post Jan 6 2013, 17:09
Post #2

Member No.: 93712

I got "hardware" solution for such problem. I set my spectrogram to display linear scale on frequency scale. I resized window of spectrogram in such way, that each channel has 11cm height when I put ruler to my screen. In this case, when file is sampled at 44,1 kHz (99% of files) I got 2kHz for each centimeter of height. So it's easy to determine cut off frequency on spectrogram - like 8cm is 16kHz (128 kbps mp3), 9,3 cm is 18,6 kHz (192 kbps mp3) and so on. I'm serious - I measure cut off frequency with "hardware" ruler on my screen.
+Quote Post
pyc
post Jan 6 2013, 18:45
Post #3

Member No.: 105631

haha, thanks for the tip, now i'm gonna do it too smile.gif but still software is more elegant...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 05:03