Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Decoding failure at 2:34.966 (specifc time) (Read 1271 times) previous topic - next topic

Decoding failure at 2:34.966 (specifc time)

Decoding failure at 2:34.966 (Unsupported format or corrupted file):
"Y:\Shared Music\Shared Music\""""""""""""""" - """""""""""".mp3"

this is on a home network and the song plays in its entirety with win-media which seems odd it that it will play on every other APP that i have tried with foobar being the exception which leads one to believe?

however, foobar is by far my favorite choice to play media. would really love to find a solution or resolution. really do not want to use win media or any other period.

this is my 1st time on the forum and i apologize if i have posted incorrectly or in the wrong area.

Reply #1
make a copy of the file and then add it to a playlist. right click>utilities>fix vbr mp3 header. if that doesn't do anything, try rebuild mp3 stream, also found under utilities.

if neither of those work, you could try running it through mp3packer...

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=32379

Reply #2
thank you for the help...and any help! ill try any suggestion i get. i already tried pref/advanced..and unchecked allow seeking over http..and that did not work. a google search led to that and i thought it may work..it did not. thanks again

[removed]..your 1st suggestion worked like a charm. thank you very, very much. that was fast/excellent. good work! really appreciate that cuz i think i may have that problem frequently as i have a convoluted library believe me. thanks again man! great, great work!