Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WAV to lossywv via LossyWAV not working (Read 4100 times) previous topic - next topic

WAV to lossywv via LossyWAV not working

For some reason, I'm having major problems using LossyWAV to convert pure WAV files into lossywv files. Every time I attempt it, I get this error message:

Code: [Select]
1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\My Documents\My Music\1987 - Dirty Dancing\01 - (I've Had) The Time of My Life.wav"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters) : "C:\Documents and Settings\RKA\My Documents\My Music\1987 - Dirty Dancing\01 - (I've Had) The Time of My Life.lossy.wv"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" /d /c C:\"Program Files"\bin\lossywav - --standard --silent --stdout|C:\"Program Files"\bin\wavpack -hm --blocksize=512 --merge-blocks -i - "01 - (I've Had) The Time of My Life.lossy.wv"
  Working folder: C:\Documents and Settings\RKA\My Documents\My Music\1987 - Dirty Dancing\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters

I've checked the parameters, and they're the one's that've been posted:

Code: [Select]
Encoder: c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
Extension: lossy.wv
Parameters: /d /c c:\"program files"\bin\lossywav - --standard --silent --stdout|c:\"program files"\bin\wavpack -hm --blocksize=512 --merge-blocks -i - %d
Format is: lossless or hybrid
Highest BPS mode supported: 24

WAV to lossywv via LossyWAV not working

Reply #1
Correction: This happened in foobar2000, and with WavPack

Nevermind. Figured out foobar2000 didn't know where to look for LossyWAV or Wavpack.