Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI appearance (Read 3273873 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2176
Redistribution and use in binary form, without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
  • Only unmodified installers can be redistributed; redistribution of foobar2000 binaries in any other form is not permitted.

I have removed a few license-breaking links.

Kindly avoid this behaviour in the future.

It would appear that many people are also breaking the terms of the license on DeviantArt... Ugh.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2178

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2182
Three variations and some minor tweaks to the version spammed in the image link a few posts above.

Some assembly needed (aka - notes and requirements):

I would suggest trying these in portable installs first to see if they live up to expectations. If they do not - terminate the portable install folder with extreme prejudice and go back to your normally scheduled foobar2000.

1) Version:  perf_wf_seekbar_elplaylist_v3.1.1  Requires you to install Zao's waveform seekbar and necessary runtimes* before copying its contents into your install folder. Be it portable or standard installation. I could have asked his high exalted Frogcatness for permission to include in this configurations user-components, but he had brought up a point in our discussions I hadn't thought of. You do not know if some random will have all the nuts and bolts required beforehand to make this work. This forces your hand, as the user, to make sure the underlaying groundwork is in place before you go to town. Once runtimes and the component itself are installed (user-components folder) you can proceed to copy this versions folders into the install folder, start the program and select Columns UI if it's a first run.

*If you have used waveform seekbar before you only need to install the component into the user-components folder of your target installation (eg: portable install folder).

2)Version:  perf_wsh_seekbar_elplaylist_v3.1.1  Requires the least amount of effort of the three. Just copy this versions folder contents into the install folder, select Columns UI if it's a first run and that should do it.

3) Version:  perf_wsh_seekbar_jsplaylist_v3.1.1  Will need the Guifx V2 Transport fonts (and possibly webdings 1, 2, 3 (not listed; you're on your own...) - blame Falstaff  ) listed in the text file to be installed for the JSPlaylist to display properly. Once again, it's on you to put a little effort in to make sure this goes off without a hitch. This version is also...incomplete. Reason: I left three wsh panels blank for you to add your own elements. Inside this versions marc2003 folder is another called: Samples 8 - Limited. Limited because some of the items normally included are already in use and partly because some need unicorn vomit (aka: fugly icons) that I will not tolerate in my configuration. Bad taste aside...you're free to do what you want once it's in your hands. I just refuse to contribute to eye cancer. This version also has a button called 'Charts' (it's just a name - can be changed). Leading to... If you want to use the Last.fm charts of the wsh scripts in the limited sample set you will also need to have a scrobbling component installed (not included) to make use of its features. Once all the above horrors (prerequisites) are in place you can do the same as the previous two versions and copy this folders contents into the install folder.

The JSPlaylist version is sort of an open canvas for you to customize certain aspects of. The other two, while not difficult for some to alter, may be intimidating for others not familiar with the in and outs of ELP and PSS buggery. This one gives you a choice to do a couple of minor things a little easier.

http://1drv.ms/1E3n3gF

Comments and threats accepted with equal lack of enthusiasm.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2184
I'm interesting in how to generate the artsts collection image  ...

Done with foo_uie_graphical_browser. Link to component. This configuration came from Jam. Search Deviantart and it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Not related to quoted above: Pulling link to config I spammed a day or so ago until the wsh images download problem can be sorted. If you have an older common8.js script (and actually tried any of the configurations) laying about you can replace the one included and see if it that helps. Testing here with one from December allows auto-downloading of images to work as intended.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2185

If you are talking about my channel spectrum background, I made it with this site
Btw, no way to directly create a landscape image, i generated a long 'One column" image and edited it to fit.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2186

If you are talking about my channel spectrum background, I made it with this site
Btw, no way to directly create a landscape image, i generated a long 'One column" image and edited it to fit.

thankyou?i'm user of last.fm too.
A rose will bloom, it then will fade.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2187
Anodized.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2188
since the last few pages are full of screenshots of the title bar missing without consequence, i've decided to join in as well... 

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2189
Amazing layout! Can you please share it? Thank you!

I seem to be drawn towards a bigger-is-better style these days. Quite pleased with how it looks at the moment, too.

Thanks to Falstaff and marc2003 for their awesome scripts which I totally stole and abused.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2190
Hi guys, new to the forum here!
What are your recommendations for a good format to rip a CD to that can be supported by my waveform seekbar? FLAC would be ideal but unfortunately I don't get the waveform...

Here is my setup, I've only had f2k for a few days but loving it!
My components I use are simple but I'll definitely add to it soon!

Columns UI
Waveform Seekbar
PrettyPopup
Colours are currently just the standard changes in Preferences

Cheers for the help in advance everyone!

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2191
What are your recommendations for a good format to rip a CD to that can be supported by my waveform seekbar? FLAC would be ideal but unfortunately I don't get the waveform...

My component definitely does FLAC, it's one of the most boring formats it can analyse. Could you post more about this problem in the foo_wave_seekbar thread to avoid cluttering this showcase? Looking for information like what version of the component, errors/warnings in console, small sample files that do it, etc.
Note that once you've ripped to a competent lossless format, you can transcode to any other competent lossless format without loss, so your format of choice is not set in stone while you rip.
Stay sane, exile.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2192
Early early stage of my new skin

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2193
It's a work in progress, but the frame is set and I'll need to learn javascript to improve it. I use panel stack splitter and two whs panels for the seekbar and the settings popup menu that I copied from the Jam skin on deviantart, where I also took a few of the icons for the custom buttons. The main layout was inspired by ojdo's WSHtpc. The up and down thumbs buttons are love and ban on lastfm commands that work with foo_softplaylist. There are still a few things to fix, like marc2003's wsh panel for lastfm that I can't get working.

Since I'm not able to write the code for a real popup menu I made a panel which looks like one, with the runservice buttons that I didn't want to spoil the sober look I'm trying to give my skin.

The playlist switcher does not support transparency mode, so I kept the background image on the side. The "Add new autoplaylist..." playlist on top is not a playlist of course, but a textbutton to launch the library search box.

Finally I use the Esplaylist as a library browser.

I'm late

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2194

I'm interested in that middle panel. It looks like the complete discography of the nowplaying artist (or is it just library browsing?). I use the library tree component to show some information related to the playing track, but it doesn't look as nice and most of all it doesn't support pesudo transparecy. How did you build your panel? WSH I suppose, but it's worth asking.
I'm late

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2195
it is indeed WSH panel mod and it lists all releases pulled from musicbrainz.org.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2196
Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread. Please delete this
I'm late

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2197
i use notepad++. because i never used anything else, i never noticed the file was using UNIX EOL settings instead of windows. you can always use notepad++ to convert it.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #2198
i use notepad++. because i never used anything else, i never noticed the file was using UNIX EOL settings instead of windows. you can always use notepad++ to convert it.

Sorry Marc, I made  a little mess. My previous post was meant for the "Everything you wanted to know about WSH panel".
I'm late