IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
XLD and ripping to AIFF, no options for AIFF encoding output?
mmg_fan
post Mar 5 2009, 16:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 42178

Hi
I'm a longtime EAC user and thought I'd try XLD, since I'm also primarily a Mac user.

I'm somewhat confused by the lack of configurable settings in the file output options.

For instance, when you choose AIFF, how does XLD know to rip-encode at the proper bitrate-depth?
Does XLD automatically encode at the identical bitrate as the source?? So if yo have high res 24bit material, are the XLD encoded AIFF files also 24bit?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rpp3po
post Mar 5 2009, 19:06
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 4961

QUOTE (mmg_fan @ Mar 5 2009, 16:09) *
Hi
I'm a longtime EAC user and thought I'd try XLD, since I'm also primarily a Mac user.

I'm somewhat confused by the lack of configurable settings in the file output options.

For instance, when you choose AIFF, how does XLD know to rip-encode at the proper bitrate-depth?
Does XLD automatically encode at the identical bitrate as the source?? So if yo have high res 24bit material, are the XLD encoded AIFF files also 24bit?

Yes, it does. To me all options are totally logical. Down-conversion from 24 bit to 16 bit would not be a property of the AIFF format but an additional filter (at best dithered) between input and output format.
+Quote Post
mmg_fan
post Mar 5 2009, 19:27
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 42178

Thanks
The reason I asked is, another program I use a lot, Max, has configurable options for each type of output.

Seems to me this should be a feature, a user should have the ability to adjust the quality , especially for lossy codecs(MP3, etc).
+Quote Post
rpp3po
post Mar 5 2009, 20:27
Post #4

Group: Developer
Member No.: 4961

QUOTE (mmg_fan @ Mar 5 2009, 19:27) *
Thanks
The reason I asked is, another program I use a lot, Max, has configurable options for each type of output.

Seems to me this should be a feature, a user should have the ability to adjust the quality , especially for lossy codecs(MP3, etc).

What are you talking about? This isn't missing for lossy codecs.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 21:21