Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is a bitrate around 128k in mpc possible? (Read 3170 times) previous topic - next topic

Is a bitrate around 128k in mpc possible?

I am trying to do some ABX comparisons with other encoders in the 128k range and I can't find any info on this. With the thumb preset I get a file that averages 76k and with the radio preset I get one that averages 144k. Is it even possible to get a bitrate that averages close to 128k with mpc?

Reply #1
You could use this setting that ff123 used for the 128kbps listening test: -radio -ltq_gain 10 -tmn 12 -nmt 4.8
On those test clips, it averaged somewhere at 140 kbps (I think).

CU

Dominic

Reply #2
The setting I used on those tests varied widely depending on the music, but it was lower than regular -radio.  For a comparison of bitrates on various albums, see:

http://ff123.net/128tests.html

ff123