post Oct 18 2001, 15:43
Post #1

Musepack Developer

Group: Members
Member No.: 309

Hi there!
I'm just interesting is there any chance to have [in future maybe]
some ACM decoder for mp3pro?
That's why... I've encoded some stuff with Nero in mp3pro but WMP shows like it's in half of real sampling frequency [48kHz becomes 24, 44k -> 22k...] I've tried to encode audio tracks with mp3pro and put them into avi files [music videos].
I didn't actualy get does WMP realy plays mp3pro content on half freq or just indicates so.
So does someone developing such thing or have in plans? Did anyone hear something about?
Peace.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Garf
post Oct 18 2001, 19:28
Post #2

Server Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 13

Originally posted by ak
Hi there!
I'm just interesting is there any chance to have [in future maybe]
some ACM decoder for mp3pro?
That's why... I've encoded some stuff with Nero in mp3pro but WMP shows like it's in half of real sampling frequency [48kHz becomes 24, 44k -> 22k...] I've tried to encode audio tracks with mp3pro and put them into avi files [music videos].
I didn't actualy get does WMP realy plays mp3pro content on half freq or just indicates so.
So does someone developing such thing or have in plans? Did anyone hear something about?
Peace.

MP3Pro files are actually MP3 files at half the rate + some proprietary extensions. WMP is playing the MP3 parts.

--
GCP
+Quote Post
Milkman.dan
post Oct 19 2001, 02:05
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 129

mp3PRO throws out alot of high-frequency information, and leaves some indicators in the bitstream that let it 'rederive' the missing information on decode. Since WMP doesn't include that functionality, all you're going to hear is the raw mp3 data.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 17:02