Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiple value tag edit on contextmenu ( no use Masstager ) (Read 7382 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple value tag edit on contextmenu ( no use Masstager )

I want edit some multiple value tag on context menu command.
But Quick tagger not appropriate because this is not support multiple value.
WSH Panel Mod and Tagger Mod Panel is not provide contextmenu command.
Also not good way is use Masstagger.
Masstagger support multiple value tag, but very very difficulty make many context menu that edit multiple value tag.
If some multiple value tag field's value kind of number is 50, I have to create 50 masstagger scripts.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Reply #1
Why don't you explain to us exactly what you want and need to do, rather than abstracting and convoluting your problem?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
Why don't you explain to us exactly what you want and need to do, rather than abstracting and convoluting your problem?

Sorry, I manage many audio file with some multiple value tags.(e.g. category, group, attribute, style etc.)
kind of value is so many. I want improve these tagging.
Now I use Tagger Panel Mod. But this is not support context menu command.
I want use button that add/remove some multiple value tag.

Sorry, my poor English. Thank you.

Reply #3
And won't in the future (see here).
Why don't you create such buttons with WSH Panel Mod, if you really need them for specific values?

Reply #4
And won't in the future (see here).
Why don't you create such buttons with WSH Panel Mod, if you really need them for specific values?

OK, I know WSH Panel Mod can this. But There are some plobrem.
I think WSH Panel Mod not work multiple selected track.(If no, Sorry my misstake.)
And Global hotkey not supported.(I know forcibly way on this, but the way is very absurd way.)

My choices:
1. Waiting Quick Tagger update or other tagging component update/release.
2. Use WSH Panel Mod and solve multi selected track problem.
3. Create too many Masstager scripts.
4. Developing new tagging component myself.
5. Give up.

I try 2, and if not success, I switch 1 or 3.

foobar2000 is very multifunctional. I want a lot of function for foobar2000.
foobar2000 give the illusion of can do all thing with audio file.

Thank you.

p.s. My requested Tagger Mod Panel future is useful for me. Because it make speedy tagging with global hotkey or other panel component(e.g. Button, PSS, WSH Panel Mod etc.).
If tag field is single value, Quick Tagger is perfect.(I used on rating tag, totaldiscs, and discnumber etc.)

Reply #5
Have you tried binding multiple Quick Tagger commands to the same hotkey combo?  Or am I misinterpreting your problem?

Reply #6
Have you tried binding multiple Quick Tagger commands to the same hotkey combo?  Or am I misinterpreting your problem?

It is nonsense. Because Quick Tagger not support multiple value.
If do your saying, It will make single value tag.( last executed quick tagger command. )

example:
execute quick tagger command 1 (rating:1)
execute quick tagger command 2 (rating:5)

rating will set 5. not set 1;5.

Reply #7
Your English is bad, especially for non-English readers. If I understand what you want you should use masstagger with "Add value..." action. It will do what you want: add another value to tag field without removing existent

Reply #8
Your English is bad, especially for non-English readers. If I understand what you want you should use masstagger with "Add value..." action. It will do what you want: add another value to tag field without removing existent

Thank you reply.
Sorry my poor English. And I was wrote about Masstagger. Please check my post.
Masstagger is support multiple value, But If I choice Masstagger, I have to create many many masstagger script.
And Masstager script file is binary. Not editable. I cannot generate many mts file.

Also problem, Masstager script menu sort is not controlable. It cause hide or disguise normal masstagger script.
And if I make many masstagger script, It cause stupid contextmenu that fill my LCD screen.

Reply #9
OK, I read in Tagger mod thread what you want. So I guess you use DUI and you can't display Tagger mod as panel, but you have to evoke it through context menu then eventually right click for selecting wanted preset. Oh my, I don't see any real problems there - maybe switch to CUI and display Tagger mod as panel so you'll be saved from some mouse clicking. But then again maybe I misunderstood again your bad need for context menu requests - do you want to make shortcuts or use it from command line? I can't think of any other reason why Tagger mod isn't perfect for what you want

Reply #10
OK, I read in Tagger mod thread what you want. So I guess you use DUI and you can't display Tagger mod as panel, but you have to evoke it through context menu then eventually right click for selecting wanted preset. Oh my, I don't see any real problems there - maybe switch to CUI and display Tagger mod as panel so you'll be saved from some mouse clicking. But then again maybe I misunderstood again your bad need for context menu requests - do you want to make shortcuts or use it from command line? I can't think of any other reason why Tagger mod isn't perfect for what you want

I use Tagger Mod Panel.
When I try import audio file to foobar2000, I open several Tagger Mod Panel?.
Next, I layout Tagger Mod Panels on display and set preset of Tagger Mod Panel by context menu.

Tagger Mod Panel support CUI embedded Panel.
But this panel is bad looking and diffecult manage preset because settings depend panel one by one.

And, Tagger Mod Panel not support hotkey.(I make macro by autohotkey, but will open TaggerMod Panel and this way is very stupid.)

I can compromise, but if some good way is available, I want to know.

Reply #11
But this panel is bad looking and diffecult manage preset because settings depend panel one by one.

I agree, it controls looks deprecated and can be polished a bit and maybe be aware of other instances (presets for all), but just imagine a mess in available keyboard shortcuts commands or in context menu, if all available Tagger mod tag values are there, and then you don't use it all the time but when in need

Reply #12

I agree, it controls looks deprecated and can be polished a bit and maybe be aware of other instances (presets for all), but just imagine a mess in available keyboard shortcuts commands or in context menu, if all available Tagger mod tag values are there, and then you don't use it all the time but when in need

I do not think so. May be contextmenu separate by preset, and I will not limit use only right click contextmenu.
I will use these command on the PSS, hotkey, WSH Mod, button, and some other way.
About hotkey, I prepare special keyboard that name is n52te. Do not worry.

Reply #13
I do not think so. May be contextmenu separate by preset, and I will not limit use only right click contextmenu.

...If some multiple value tag field's value kind of number is 50...

Maybe your resolution is just very high, however your could imagine also other user's scenarios, not just yourself

I will use these command on the PSS, hotkey, WSH Mod, button, and some other way.

I don't want to think how this will look

Reply #14

...If some multiple value tag field's value kind of number is 50...

Maybe your resolution is just very high, however your could imagine also other user's scenarios, not just yourself

Surely, I use WUXGA Monitor x4, but I think context menu is separate by preset.(repeat)
If this is problem, also problem Quick Tagger or other menu plugin that can add menu by user.
And I think normal user will not add many item.

I don't want to think how this will look

Don't care.