Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Music Clip where lowpass 16 is obvious? (Read 12559 times) previous topic - next topic

Music Clip where lowpass 16 is obvious?

Reply #25
Originally posted by Case
are kX drivers really so superior to Creative's drivers?

I tried using kX drivers here, and gave up. Among the issues, I couldn't use the wave out volume control. It didn't work.

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #26
Do the reviews at www.pcavtech.com mean anything?  They have the Santa Cruz just below "Gold" status...
A fearless audio explorer in search of Truth, Beauty, and the elusive MPC-busting sample!

Reply #27
You can get an updated version of the Sound Card Analyzer at:

http://audio.rightmark.org

The new name of the program is RightMark Audio Analyzer, and I think it is quite reliable.

And about www.pcavtech.com , yes,  their analysis are reliable too.

I've analyzed my SC with the RightMark Audio Analyzer and got better results than the ones posted at digit-life. They seem more like the results at pcavtech.

The Santa Cruz is one of the best consumer cards when referring to audio quality, better than the Live!s, and according to experts, as good or slightly better than the Audigy (if we talk exclusively about audio quality, not EAX or gaming, etc).

If you want something better you have to go for a semi-pro card like Terratec EWX 2496 or Midiman Audiophile.

Reply #28
Originally posted by KikeG
You can get an updated version of the Sound Card Analyzer at:

http://audio.rightmark.org

Thanks for the link KikeG.
RMAA seems to give a bit better results than Sound Card Analyzer, hopefully more thruthful.

If you want something better you have to go for a semi-pro card like Terratec EWX 2496 or Midiman Audiophile.

Even with this poor quality cable I use RMAA shows my card to be very good/excellent, and I have no complaints so I'll stick to this.

Reply #29
Originally posted by SometimesWarrior

I just installed mine about 30 minutes ago. I'm running Windows XP, using the 4142 build drivers, dated Jan. 10 2002, WHQL certified (from the Turtle Beach website). No crashes yet!

OK... it must be those crappy VxD drivers, Turtle Beach hasn't seen fit to update Win98SE (and previous) since 01/2001, and the drivers are apparently incompatible with DirectX 8.1.

Well, if they want to alienate the large installed base still using Win98SE (and even Win95) that's their problem, I suppose.  I returned my Santa Cruz card to the store.  I'll wait until I can afford a 'semi-pro' audio card (maybe the M-Audio 24/96), or just run with the pack forever... no big deal.

Reply #30
Tubenot,

Alas, my hearing petered out at somthing like 17k if I remember right.

My cutoff seemed to be at 17.2 or 17.3 from the test found on ff123's webpage.  I've found similar results on several people at work.  All of them couldn't hear past 17khz or 16khz.  I was very amazed at how universal a 17khz cutoff is in the average person.  I'd be willing to bet that it's rather rare for someone to hear at or above 18khz.

mp3