Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [OFFLINE] From: Default UI Gallery (Read 31339 times) previous topic - next topic

[OFFLINE] From: Default UI Gallery

Reply #25
I was playing with the new 0.9.5 betas for a while and now it looks like this:

>foobar shot<

I'm quite a purist so my goal was creating a GUI that pleases my eyes and good to use (for me) - without using any additional components except facets I just found too useful. Everything else you can see here is the new defaul UI. I have ColumnsUI installed, but I'll probably remove it from my foobar soon - I like my new interface better

And here's my Albumart-not-found image:

The other thing you may (not) see that something inside me is still living in the Cubic Player era

Reply #26
I'm quite new to foobar, and didn't like the complex config needed for other UIs, so I've remained at the default. Here's what I came up after all.

Browsing and searching is the most important for me, so album list is set to folder structure. The cool thing I'd stumbled upon is the fact that you can attach toolbars for each panel section, which means that buttons, seekbar are not bound to the top section anymore, they can be virtually anywhere.  I only wish the menu section would be a toggleable toolbar element too.

Reply #27

I tried to copy my iTunes which I used a long time...
Than i discovered that i can expand the possibilitys of iTunes...
but still some features missing for me:
  • Show the Covers in the "Playlist View" for the albums!!!
  • A Button to switch from this album gouped view to normal list view in the playlist view
  • Stick Cover and Information to the playing song (than i could really use the tabs on the left (Playing/Selection)
  • Overlay on the Cover (nice effect) and maybe a mirror option for the cover
  • playing Information skinable like panels_ui
  • searchbar of facets adjustable

Reply #28
New One:

Reply #29
Changed to a fullscreen layout, which is more useful I think:

Reply #30

Reply #31
screenshot

my foobar UI, i like having the console up 24x7 as there are some dodgy mp3's im trying to weed out

Moderation: Please do not inline images larger than roughly 800x600 and 80KB. Please use thumbnails and/or links for large pictures instead.

Reply #32
I am very happy with the Default UI of 0.9.5 & Facets, it's so easy to put something together and use.

Reply #33
default:

with docakble lyrics open:

Reply #34
Ignorance is bliss.

Reply #35
I have removed several screenshots with faked lyrics or coverflow elements.

This is not helping and only confuses users.

Reply #36
Changed my layout last night. It's not the most efficient, but it works for me. I made a combined codec/bitrate column, which I much prefer to 2 separate ones. I've thrown the album art viewer in the bottom right corner because it's not interacted with and just got in the way in the top left corner.

Reply #37

Note facist... I mean facet in the top left corner - its just for search with "send to current playlist on sellection" option. It works like iTunes search which is great.

Reply #38

Changed the colors, Facets, Statusbar, Playlist and some other things...

Reply #39
[a href="http://imagemonk.com/viewer.php?file=56e2fg2mbthnersy2rtn.jpg" target="_blank"]

Reply #40
Many information for me.

Reply #41
I just made some changes on my status bar and changed to the system default colour settings. I re-arranged my replaygain info around and clean some code on my status bar.

Status bar syntax code:

Code: [Select]
$caps2(%codec%[' / '%codec_profile%])'   '%bitrate% kbps'   '%samplerate% Hz'   '$caps2($if2($info(mp3_stereo_mode),%channels%))'   |   '%playback_time%[ / %length%]$tab()[' 'Album' 'Gain: %__replaygain_album_gain%' '][' 'Track' 'Gain: %__replaygain_track_gain%' ']'  |   '$div(%_filesize%,1048576).$num($muldiv($mod(%_filesize%,1048576),100,1048576),2)' 'MB

"I never thought I'd see this much candy in one mission!"

Reply #43
default:

Dockable Panels + Graphical browser (showing back covers on mouse-over)

Reply #44
Something simple

Reply #45

Reply #46
@Voltron
good ol'days

as for mine...
here...
[a href="http://www.gate00.net/Primula/share/Prim%60s%20foobar%20layout.JPG" target="_blank"]

Reply #47
Here is mine.
I tried to keep it simple yet able to display useful informations at the same time.

Reply #49
My current foobar: