Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can I create a .cue / .wav image on a Mac? (Read 4613 times) previous topic - next topic

Can I create a .cue / .wav image on a Mac?

Does anyone know how I can create a CD image on a Mac, that consists of a WAVE and CUE file combination, the same as that created by EAC?

Essentially, I'm trying to find an image format that is compatible with both Mac and PC.

Thanks.

Reply #1
I thought I'd give this a wee bump, seeing as there have been no replies. Is there a way of creating a .cue / .wav CD image on a Mac?

Reply #2
The short answer is no but if you're really keen you could rip a BIN/TOC image with something like Firestarter FX and then use sox to convert the BIN to WAV:
Code: [Select]
$ sox -t cdr data.bin CDImage.wav

convert the TOC to a CUE with cueconvert:
$ cueconvert TOC.toc CDImage.cue

and Bob *should* be your mother's brother but don't quote me.

BTW, cueconvert is part of cuetools. Sox is here.

EDIT: On reflection, if you wanted the extra sense of security of a report on the status of the rip you might be able to rip the disc to a single WAV with xACT, use Firestarter's "create TOC only" option and then convert the resultant TOC->CUE (having edited the filename of the WAV and where it appears in the text of the CUE). I think you'd have to experiment with discs that have a pregap but it's another option anyway.

Of course, for the resultant WAV/CUE combo to be of any real use as an image on OS X you'd have to reconvert them 

Reply #3
Thanks for the advice. The resultant files wouldn't be required for use on a Mac, just as a way of creating something on a Mac that can be mounted on a PC.

Cheers.
The short answer is no but if you're really keen you could rip a BIN/TOC image with something like Firestarter FX and then use sox to convert the BIN to WAV:
$ sox -t cdr data.bin CDImage.wav

convert the TOC to a CUE with cueconvert:
$ cueconvert TOC.toc CDImage.cue

and Bob *should* be your mother's brother but don't quote me.

BTW, cueconvert is part of cuetools. Sox is here.

EDIT: On reflection, if you wanted the extra sense of security of a report on the status of the rip you might be able to rip the disc to a single WAV with xACT, use Firestarter's "create TOC only" option and then convert the resultant TOC->CUE (having edited the filename of the WAV and where it appears in the text of the CUE). I think you'd have to experiment with discs that have a pregap but it's another option anyway.

Of course, for the resultant WAV/CUE combo to be of any real use as an image on OS X you'd have to reconvert them